Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken into stages, whilst the possible headliners aren't that massive - RHCP, Metallica and Eminem aside (which we'd only likely get one of anway) there is an abundant of very very good mid-big size bands knocking around Europe during Pukkelpop time.  The dance side takes care of itself and is always of the highest quality but the signs are looking good for Monday....hopefully 

Closer -                Deadmau5 / Pendulum / Major Lazer / Sigma / 2ManyDjs / Netsky

Headliners  -       Frank Ocean / Metallica / Eminem / Mumford and Sons / Red Hot Chili Peppers / The XX / Editors / Prodigy / The National

Subs -                    Foals / Elbow / Lana Del Rey / Jamiroquai / Bastille /

Other Main -        The Hives / A Tribe Called Quest / De La Soul / Cypress Hill / Nothing But Thieves / Tove Lo / Parov Stelar / Halsey / The Kooks / Chance the Rapper / Stereophonics / Madness / Franz Ferdinand / Jake Bugg / Seasick Steve /

Marquee –          The Specials / Foals / Interpol / London Grammar / Metronomy / Ryan Adams / Benjamin Clementine / PJ Harvey/ Glass Animals / Future Islands / White Lies / Mura Masa / Starsailor / Black Lips / Little Dragon / Michael Kiwanuka / Pet Shop Boys / Frightened Rabbit / Band of Horses /

Dance Hall -        Aphex Twin / Bloody Beetroots (live) / Flume / Sub Focus / Aphex Twin / Foreign Beggars / Dixon (live) / Chk, Chk, Chk (!!!)  / Noisia / Gorgon City / Clean Bandit / Knife Party

Club –                   Ty Seagall / Mac De Marco / Jesus and Mary Chain / Car Seat Headrest / Angel Olsen / Jenny Hval / Cymbals Eat Guitars / Julia Jacklin / Palace / Sundara Karma / Sunflower Bean / Bears Den / Conor Oberst / Field Music

Castello -             Vince Staples / Cashmere Cat / Bicep (live) / BADBADNOTGOOD / Jagwar Ma / DJ Shadow / Robert Hood / Sampha / Model 500 / Talaboman / Joe Goddard (live)  

Boiler –             Eric Prydz Fatboy Slim / Duke Dumont, Kygo, Andy C, Moderat, Ben Klock / Maceo Plex / Jon Hopkins / Richie Hawtin, Adam Beyer / Chris Liebing / Fritz Kalkbrenner / Danny Brown / Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano / Maurice West / Marco Corola / Julio Bashmore / Maya Jane Coles / Heidi / Patrick Topping /Wilkinson / Nina Kraviz / NGHTMRE / Goldfox Enigma /Michael Midnight

Shelter –              Billy Talent / Slaves / Architects / ATDI / The Pretty Reckless /

Nice list Dave, but we've seen this every year now. Before the announcement big expectations and eventually we get disappointed. Still very much looking forward to tommorow, especially if we get even half of the names you mentioned.

I reckon we have the line-up when we wake up. Like the Rihanna announcement last year. Otherwise probably 11 AM.

You forgot Bastille. Flume is a dance closer for sure and Noisia and Knife Party should be in Boiler. At The Drive-In is way to big for Shelter. I'm really looking forward to Monday tho, are they gonna blow us away with some awesome names or is it going to be like last year haha

1 hour ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Nice list Dave, but we've seen this every year now. Before the announcement big expectations and eventually we get disappointed. Still very much looking forward to tommorow, especially if we get even half of the names you mentioned.

I reckon we have the line-up when we wake up. Like the Rihanna announcement last year. Otherwise probably 11 AM.

I'm mindful of the fact I've heard of most of the names I've listed, I'm sure there'll be many announced that I won't have a clue about.

Worst case scenario for me is a mixture of repeat bookings - Bastille, Ellie Goulding, Major Lazer, Netsky, Editors all have a high chance of being there but I hope it's something a bit more original. I'm not expecting much from the headliners and subs to be perfectly honest. Wouldn't be surprised to see Parov Stelar, Sigma and Twenty One Pilots get high billings

Best case scenario for me - Aerosmith or the Strokes.

3 minutes ago, arcuse said:

You forgot Bastille. Flume is a dance closer for sure and Noisia and Knife Party should be in Boiler. At The Drive-In is way to big for Shelter. I'm really looking forward to Monday tho, are they gonna blow us away with some awesome names or is it going to be like last year haha

Last year was decent for me - 2015 was the worst Pukkelpop line up in living memory

Yep, there are several bands touring around the time who were already PKP the last 3 years, makes it a bit less exciting.. But ya

In 2015 I was really happy with the dance acts they threw at us because I was mostly interested in that at the time. Gotta admit that was a really weak year headliner wise, only Linkin Park was a nice surprise but Alt-J & Bastille just weren't a headliner 2 years a go, they barely are now, most of the times sub or headlining small fests

Edited by arcuse

1 hour ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Chokri's daughter just tweeted that it will be 6am. Thought they might have a big 'on the day' build up like in previous years but will be nice to wake up to.

Loads of people on twitter going mental about Ellie Goulding. Didn't think she was that popular but seems to be the no.1 request by a mile.

As for how predictable the line up will be, loads of bands now tour every summer as that's where the money is. That obviously means the same names will be around and repeat bookings over a 2/3 year cycle are common. Coupled with that, we also know many of the bands who are going to play other festivals in August so it's hard for any of them, PKP included, to be 'different'. That said, they always manage to book a few new names so I'm hopeful we'll get some surprises tomorrow.

Probably just coincidence, as they're not really that big now, but Leftfield are announcing something tomorrow. Would love to see them in the Dance Hall.

15 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Chokri's daughter just tweeted that it will be 6am. Thought they might have a big 'on the day' build up like in previous years but will be nice to wake up to.

Loads of people on twitter going mental about Ellie Goulding. Didn't think she was that popular but seems to be the no.1 request by a mile.

As for how predictable the line up will be, loads of bands now tour every summer as that's where the money is. That obviously means the same names will be around and repeat bookings over a 2/3 year cycle are common. Coupled with that, we also know many of the bands who are going to play other festivals in August so it's hard for any of them, PKP included, to be 'different'. That said, they always manage to book a few new names so I'm hopeful we'll get some surprises tomorrow.

Probably just coincidence, as they're not really that big now, but Leftfield are announcing something tomorrow. Would love to see them in the Dance Hall.

So are Shed Seven :blink:

THE most predictable line up of all time.

Still Friday and Saturday subs to go by the looks of it.

Headliners 1/10

Undercard 7/10

No Jake Bugg I notice.

Fucking Bastille and Editors again. Shite. Utter shite, how these fuckers will get bigger crowds than the Chems and Noel G I'll never understand.

I'm going back to sleep.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

I'm pretty sure Elbow will sub Main Stage, too big for a tent. And several media confirm The XX and Flume are closing Main Stage on their specific days.

While very predictable, this is still a solid announcement compared to the first names of the past editions. And I still see some holes for the likes of Major Lazer, Foals and Beach House.

No punk/hardcore/metal/Rock bands announced for thursday and friday.

Only rock/punk bands announced are Billy Talent, ATDI, Rise Against and Pretty Reckless all on saturday (some of them are too big for Shelter Stage)

Have they killed Shelter Stage or maybe it will be a new Stage with a different music each day (f.e. Thursday hip-hop, Friday whatever and Saturday punk/metal)?

Pleased about PJ Harvey. Been waiting over 20 years to see her.

In all a reasonable announcement for me. Bigger names I can safely ignore so hopefully I won't have to go to the Main too often (although there may be some discussions with Mrs T about Mumfords and Elbow). A few middle-sized names I love (PJ Harvey, Interpol, First Aid Kit). Some smaller ones i need to check out (Car Seat Headrest), and plenty I've not heard of to investigate in the coming months. The Flaming Lips are always a fun fall-back if there's nothing else on.

Slightly disappointed not to see Sparks on the list as I see they are around at the time.

Oh, and gutted about no Right Said Fred, of course. Goes without saying.

Edited by Trufflehound