Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

27 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Those three don't really fit in with the rest of the list though. My guess would be The National. Immensely popular in Scandinavia (headlined Flow Festival before in 2014) and are around in August, playing and curating HAVEN 2017 in Denmark the same weekend. 

Sensible suggestion. More popular than Daft Punk though? madness!

If they're using the same font then the words would be longer than The Weeknds

Kanye fits with Drake, Kendrick and the Weeknd.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm being cynical but I'd take that list with quite a sizeable pinch of salt. They can include whoever they want really as there's no way of verifying whether it's real or not? Four of the 25 have already been announced and I'd imagine they'll be a few more by the time August rolls round.

Good piece of PR by implying that they've been able to book the number one requested band - makes it look like they listen to the festival goers and then act on what they want. Unless it's a huge band/artist then it's most likely a stunt. Be funny if they announce someone like The Script/One Republic/Kaiser Chiefs!!

39 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

First names on 20 feb. 

Ace. With what's around (see below) I think we're in for a decent festival. Still V festival and Rock En Seine to announce their first names and the rest of Sziget and Leeds/Reading to go as well.

Confirmed

Elbow, Interpol, Tamino, Kai Wén and The Lighthouse

In the mix (announced/heavily rumoured for festivals in mid - late August)

Frank Ocean, Metallica, Eminem, Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The XX, Editors, Major Lazer, Prodigy, Foals,  Lana Del Rey, Deadmau5, Jamiroquai, Eric Prydz, , Pet Shop Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, The National, Ryan Adams, Pendulum, Rise Against, Billy Talent, The Hives, Benjamin Clementine, Ty Seagall, Kygo, Bastille, Andy C, Glass Animals, At the Drive In, Moderat, Cypress Hill, London Grammar,  Architects, Future Islands, Wanda, Kraftklub, Bonez MC & Raf Camora, White Lies, Foreign Beggars, Sub Focus, Flume, Ben Klock, Cashmere Cat, Dixon, Mac DeMarco , Mura Masa, Nothing But Thieves, Tove Lo, Car Seat Headrest, London Grammar, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, Jenny Hval, Maceo Plex, Jon Hopkins, Bicep, Chk, Chk, Chk (!!!), BADBADNOTGOOD, Richie Hawtin, Adam Beyer , Chris Liebing, Aphex Twin, Bloody Beetroots, Noisia, Gorgon City, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Sigma, Mac De Marco, Julia Jacklin, The Pretty Reckless, Metronomy, Rudimental, Clean Bandit, Fritz Kalkbrenner, Jagwar Ma, Danny Brown, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Maurice West, Starsailor, Parov Stelar, Black Lips, DJ Shadow, Knife Party, Little Dragon, Robert Hood, Talaboman, Baloji, Denzel Curry, Palace, Shame, and SMIB. Michael Kiwanuka, Sparks, Larry Heard, Sampha, Model 500

Ruled out / probably ruled out

Muse, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, System of a Down, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Kings of Leon, Blink 182, Placebo, Rammstein, Guns N Roses, Fleet Foxes, Robbie Williams, U2, Die Antwoord, Justice, Sean Paul, Pixies, TDCC, DJ Snake, Alt J, Nas. LordeJames BlakeThe LumineersDropkick Murphys, Green Day. Kasabian, Liam Gallagher, Calvin Harris, 5SOS, Phoenix, Sum 41, Charli XCX, Circa Waves, Declan Mckenna, Dua Lipa, G-Eazy, Good Charlotte, High Tyde, Kungs, New Found Glory, Pennywise, Picotard, Royal Blood, Zara Larsson, Prophets of Rage, Iggy Pop, The Offspring, Liam Gallagher, Julien Dore, Anouk, Megadeth, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Doe Maar, Richard Ashcroft, Micheal Kiwanuka, Goose, Kaiser Chiefs

16 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Source? 

Pukkelpop just released a live-video on facebook in which you can see big nummers laid out on the mainstage ground: 20/02! (took a screen shot, here below).  And also numerous persons have received a pkp-card like shown in the post above

IMG_0091.PNG

Edited by DaveRSV4

Fair play Dave, you said it would be a Feb announcement and so it is!! Was going to bet you a beer a couple of weeks back that it would be March (as usual) so glad I didn't now!! ;)

Probably reading into it too much but maybe this is to tie in with a new artist that hasn't announced any dates yet? Perhaps Snow Patrol are ready to drop their long-awaited new album?????

We can get some names for Shelter Stage from this festivals. Some of them are ruled out (Offspring, Face To Face, Pennywise...) but I am pretty sure that we will get some bands from that line-ups. I am almost sure that Bad Religion will headline one night in the shelter, altough I would prefer that they get the same slot that NOFX got last year (an early Main Stage slot)

Bayf.jpg

PRH.jpg

Edited by johnybegood

57 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Fair play Dave, you said it would be a Feb announcement and so it is!! Was going to bet you a beer a couple of weeks back that it would be March (as usual) so glad I didn't now!! ;)

Probably reading into it too much but maybe this is to tie in with a new artist that hasn't announced any dates yet? Perhaps Snow Patrol are ready to drop their long-awaited new album?????

I'll take that beer anyway :-)

Personally can't see it being anyway who's not announced yet. Can't see us getting the March on R&L over announcing Eminem first, although there's still plenty of time for them to make their next announcement. Don't think they'll gamble on Kanye. Too risky. Daft Punk would be a major announcement but doesn't look like anythings happening on that front either.

If it's anyone without European dates as of yet I'd be thinking of Kendrick or the Strokes or Neil Young finally honouring his cancellation.

Can't see too many surprises unfortunately.

Started making this list a while ago on another forum but thought I'd drop it here aswell. It got a little bit messy because there are just soo many acts so I just put em where they most likely could perform.

Main:
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Mumford & Sons – Editors – The XX – Bastille – The Libertines – Elbow – Deadmau5 – Major Lazer – Pendulum LIVE – Flume - Chance The Rapper – Lana Del Rey – A Tribe Called Quest – Rise Against – At The Drive-In – Billy Talent – Cypress Hill – Two Door Cinema Club – Band Of Horses – Madness - Father John Misty – Kensington – Milky Chance – Feeder – Bear’s Den – Twin Atlantic – Nothing But Thieves

Marquee:
Interpol – PJ Harvey – Frank Ocean – Foals – Beach House – Pet Shop Boys – The Kooks – Ryan Adams – London Grammar Tom Odell – The Kills - George Ezra – Mac DeMarco – Crystal Fighters – Metronomy – Oh Wonder – Glass Animals – Future Islands – Circa Waves – The Head & The Heart – Real Estate – Frightened Rabbit

Dancehall:
Aphex Twin – Dizzie Rascal – Moderat – Jamiroquai – The Bloody Beetroots LIVE – Young Thug – Vince Staples – Gesaffelstein Fritz Kalkbrenner – Mark Ronson - Gramatik – DJ Shadow – Tory Lanez – Cashmere Cat – Wiley – Mura Masa – Danny Brown Tove Lo – Jamie T – Jagwar Ma – MNEK – Cro – Anne-Marie – Denzel Curry - Baloji

Boiler:
Duke Dumont – Sigma – Fatboy Slim – Nina Kravitz – Galantis – Andy C – Charlotte De Witte – Oliver Heldens – Amelie Lens – Boys Noize – Maceo Plex – Felix Jaehn - Adam Beyer – Valentino Khan – Marshmello – Marco Carola – GTA – Chris Liebing – Sam Feldt – Hannah Wants – Maya Jane Coles – Kölsch – Foreign Beggars - Mike Perry – NGHTMRE – Patrick Topping – Rockwell – Gold Panda

Castello/Club:
Django Django – Angel Olsen – Phantogram – Warhaus – BADBADNOTGOOD – Jon Hopkins – Little Dragon – Conor Oberst – Dusky LIVE – Parquet Courts – MK - Jesus & The Mary Chain – J Bernardt – Jackmaster – Ty Segall – Car Seat Headrest – Julia Jacklin – Francis + The Lights – Roosevelt – SOHN – Tiggs Da Author – Rat Boy - Sampha – Foxygen – Alvvays – The Lemon Twigs – LVL UP – Ryley Walker – Shame – Palace – Crows

Shelter:
Architects – Slaves – Maximo Park – The Pretty Reckless – Deerhoof

Wablieft?
The LighthouseTamino Kai Wén

I dont know much about punk so that's why the shelter is so empty, it's just not my kind of music and don't know much bands of the genre so ya.. But I made a list of acts that are touring in august or are around begin september. I feel like for some bands like Cypress Hill, At the Drive-In are most likely going to Lokerse Feesten and that the rappers like ATCQ, Chance, Frank are just a no after what happend with Rihanna even though they'd put out an amazing show. Another thing about Frank Ocean is that I noticed, he's only doing smaller festivals where he can be the headliner, so if he ever comes to Belgium I'm expecting him at Dour or something (same kinda thing for Chance).

Edited by arcuse

5 minutes ago, arcuse said:

rappers like ATCQ, Chance, Frank are just a no after what happend with Rihanna even though they'd put out an amazing show. Another thing about Frank Ocean is that I noticed, he's only doing smaller festivals where he can be the headliner, so if he ever comes to Belgium I'm expecting him at Dour or something (same kinda thing for Chance).

What do rappers have to do with Rihanna? She is not a rapper but a pop star, and the reactions were similar to those of Pinkpop's Justin Bieber announcement earlier today.

By the way, Frank Ocean does headline major festivals. Primavera Sound isn't that small, perhaps even bigger than Pukkelpop nowadays.

Well she's an R&B artist and idk but I read that Eminem's performance in the past was a bit meh aswell. Primavera is a big and great festival, I'm aware but the festival targets bands that are more alternative and not so mainstream, unlike Pukkelpop the last few years. I'm sure he won't get a headline position if he asked. Primavera on the other hand could give 'm that because the undercard is filled with great bands that the majority won't make a problem of him headlining a day.. The two have a total different look and mentality. And you can't compare festivals in the US where he's headlining because he's even bigger there than here I reckon..

27 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Started making this list a while ago on another forum but thought I'd drop it here aswell. It got a little bit messy because there are just soo many acts so I just put em where they most likely could perform.

Main:
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Mumford & Sons – Editors – The XX – Bastille – The Libertines – Elbow – Deadmau5 – Major Lazer – Pendulum LIVE – Flume - Chance The Rapper – Lana Del Rey – A Tribe Called Quest – Rise Against – At The Drive-In – Billy Talent – Cypress Hill – Two Door Cinema Club – Band Of Horses – Madness - Father John Misty – Kensington – Milky Chance – Feeder – Bear’s Den – Twin Atlantic – Nothing But Thieves

Marquee:
Interpol – PJ Harvey – Frank Ocean – Foals – Beach House – Pet Shop Boys – The Kooks – Ryan Adams – London Grammar Tom Odell – The Kills - George Ezra – Mac DeMarco – Crystal Fighters – Metronomy – Oh Wonder – Glass Animals – Future Islands – Circa Waves – The Head & The Heart – Real Estate – Frightened Rabbit

Dancehall:
Aphex Twin – Dizzie Rascal – Moderat – Jamiroquai – The Bloody Beetroots LIVE – Young Thug – Vince Staples – Gesaffelstein Fritz Kalkbrenner – Mark Ronson - Gramatik – DJ Shadow – Tory Lanez – Cashmere Cat – Wiley – Mura Masa – Danny Brown Tove Lo – Jamie T – Jagwar Ma – MNEK – Cro – Anne-Marie – Denzel Curry - Baloji

Boiler:
Duke Dumont – Sigma – Fatboy Slim – Nina Kravitz – Galantis – Andy C – Charlotte De Witte – Oliver Heldens – Amelie Lens – Boys Noize – Maceo Plex – Felix Jaehn - Adam Beyer – Valentino Khan – Marshmello – Marco Carola – GTA – Chris Liebing – Sam Feldt – Hannah Wants – Maya Jane Coles – Kölsch – Foreign Beggars - Mike Perry – NGHTMRE – Patrick Topping – Rockwell – Gold Panda

Castello/Club:
Django Django – Angel Olsen – Phantogram – Warhaus – BADBADNOTGOOD – Jon Hopkins – Little Dragon – Conor Oberst – Dusky LIVE – Parquet Courts – MK - Jesus & The Mary Chain – J Bernardt – Jackmaster – Ty Segall – Car Seat Headrest – Julia Jacklin – Francis + The Lights – Roosevelt – SOHN – Tiggs Da Author – Rat Boy - Sampha – Foxygen – Alvvays – The Lemon Twigs – LVL UP – Ryley Walker – Shame – Palace – Crows

Shelter:

Wablieft?

I dont know much about punk so that's why the shelter is so empty, it's just not my kind of music and don't know much bands of the genre so ya.. But I made a list of acts that are touring in august or are around begin september. I feel like for some bands like Cypress Hill, At the Drive-In are most likely going to Lokerse Feesten and that the rappers like ATCQ, Chance, Frank are just a no after what happend with Rihanna even though they'd put out an amazing show. Another thing about Frank Ocean is that I noticed, he's only doing smaller festivals where he can be the headliner, so if he ever comes to Belgium I'm expecting him at Dour or something (same kinda thing for Chance).

TDCC are at Dour and Tom Odell played last year so can be ruled out.  

Jamiroquai & Frank Ocean would be main, as would Mark Ronson unless it was a DJ set again and I'd swap Jagwar Ma for MK. Band of Horses would be Marquee and Mac De Marco probably Club.Kooks are the kind of mid afternoon shit that somehow makes the main stage.

I'd be happy seeing Cypress Hill there. Again they always seem to have some 90's US stuff on there like Limp Bizkit. Seems to go down well. De La Soul on the main in the blazing sunshine would be better still.

Jamiroquai is at its best in dark and I don't think he'd get a closing act on the main. So I think he'd be most likely to get an evening spot in Marquee or Dancehall. As far as I know and have seen on other line ups, is Mark Ronson only doing DJsets. Band Of Horses is such a fun act, I feel like they deserve that main-spot (idk I saw them at RW16 and they were awesome haha). The Kooks were a bit of a guess, could be late afternoon on the main (would be a shame tho, bc their music is rather intimate) or a late evening spot in Marquee..

I'm okay with Mac and Jagwar Ma. Just put MK there as late night act between 2 and 4 am just like Jon Hopkins and Jackmaster :P Cypress Hill could go down as a fun afternoon act on the main, I'd see that happening 

Last thing, are TDCC such an exclusive act that they're ruled out for PKP? I mean they're touring the whole summer in Europe it seems like so idk why PKP wouldn't book them if they could. But you could be right tho, I just don't know if they are that exclusive for Dour.

Edited by arcuse

19 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Jamiroquai is at its best in dark and I don't think he'd get a closing act on the main. So I think he'd be most likely to get an evening spot in Marquee or Dancehall. As far as I know and have seen on other line ups, is Mark Ronson only doing DJsets. Band Of Horses is such a fun act, I feel like they deserve that main-spot (idk I saw them at RW16 and they were awesome haha). The Kooks were a bit of a guess, could be late afternoon on the main (would be a shame tho, bc their music is rather intimate) or a late evening spot in Marquee..

I'm okay with Mac and Jagwar Ma. Just put MK there as late night act between 2 and 4 am just like Jon Hopkins and Jackmaster :P Cypress Hill could go down as a fun afternoon act on the main, I'd see that happening 

Last thing, are TDCC such an exclusive act that they're ruled out for PKP? I mean they're touring the whole summer in Europe it seems like so idk why PKP wouldn't book them if they could. But you could be right tho, I just don't know if they are that exclusive for Dour.

Dour and Pukkelpop don't tend to share bands, particularly the bigger bands at Dour.

13 hours ago, arcuse said:

Main:

Marquee:

Dancehall:

Boiler:

Castello/Club:

Shelter:

Wablieft?

Nice work, Yannick I suppose? ;) Think you can rule out TDCC, Tom Odell, The Kills, Future Islands, Crystal Fighters, Glass Animals, Metronomy, Warhaus, Nina Kraviz (maybe replace her by Richie Hawtin) because they play at werchter or Dour and/or played PKP2016. Also, Architects are playing on Graspop. If Sigma is coming, I won't be in the boiler. They "need" a stage, at PKP2005 they were on main stage late afternoon (if I remember correctly). 

Edited by DaveRSV4

1 hour ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Nice work, Yannick I suppose? ;) Think you can rule out TDCC, Tom Odell, The Kills, Future Islands, Crystal Fighters, Glass Animals, Metronomy, Warhaus, Nina Kraviz (maybe replace her by Richie Hawtin) because they play at werchter or Dour and/or played PKP2016. Also, Architects are playing on Graspop. If Sigma is coming, I won't be in the boiler. They "need" a stage, at PKP2005 they were on main stage late afternoon (if I remember correctly). 

Sincerely hope you're wrong about Future Islands as they were amazing last time they played. Think the fact they're doing other European festivals that weekend will hopefully mean they'll be one of the 5 or so bands that do both RW and PKP each year.

Agree with your point about Sigma; if it's a live show then they will need a big venue and/or a decent slot. I wouldn't completely rule them out as Main Stage closers as they've got some massive tunes now and they put on a good show. Think the quality of the other contenders who are around may rule them out though (Deadmau5, Pendulum, Netsky, Rudimental, Major Lazer). If they play a DJ set then they will likely close the Boiler or Dance Hall.

Really hope we get Bicep, Model 500, Maceo Plex, Aphex Twin and Mr Fingers from Flow. Sonnemondsterne (12-14th Aug in Germany) has added quite a few names. Netsky and Vitalic both playing live and would be happy to see Sven Vath too. Check out Marshmello from that line up too Dave, reckon he's right up your street!

Honestly, I wouldn't rule out acts that are playing Rock Werchter. Last year for example BMTH and TLSP played both (idk can't remember more undercard acts..) Warhaus is a Belgian act so I wouldn't rule 'm out either, PKP tends to program a lot of Belgian artists so.. Yep, I know that Sigma's popularity is kinda okay (not big enough to close the main yet but decent ya know). Since they're playing SW4 I was thinking their set might be a DJset, that's why I put them in Boiler instead of main ;) 

I think for closing acts, biggest chances are on Major Lazer, Pendulum LIVE, Flume, Deadmau5 and maybe in combination with Elbow, ..The XX? (They already closed the main once in the past, just can't remember what act was in front of that, but I can't see Elbow subbing for Bastille, RHCP or Editors..nor do I see Elbow headlining anymore)

Boilernames are easily replaceable at festivals, I don't think it matters that much that Kravitz would come again or the fact that she's playing Dour, she's probably one of the faces of techno right now and as festival with an EDM tent, I think you should book her if she's avaible, I don't many people would mind her being there again aswell :P 

3 hours ago, Semprini said:

Dour announcing new names later today. They're now as much of a 'threat' as RW, particularly for the dance side of things.

Reckon we'll get just under half the line up on Monday, around 70-100 acts.

Yep, same I think we'll get to know a big chunk of what the line up is gonna conclude and I think just with all the headliners immediately

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I think for closing acts, biggest chances are on Major Lazer, Pendulum LIVE, Flume, Deadmau5 and maybe in combination with Elbow, ..The XX? (They already closed the main once in the past, just can't remember what act was in front of that, but I can't see Elbow subbing for Bastille, RHCP or Editors..nor do I see Elbow headlining anymore)

Goose closed the main after the XX