Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Interpol and Elbow: maybe both will be Marquee headliners?

Don't think so: Interpol wasn't even Marquee-headliner in 2015 (Paolo Nutini played after Interpol then), so can't see why they'd be headlining now, with no new album etc. And let's be honest: it wasn't their best perfomance at PKP 2015 and the Marquee wasn't exactly "packed". I easily walked up to the front area when they'd had already started playing.

Elbow...maybe, but they could easily subheadline main stage (imo) 

Edited by DaveRSV4

Would love Orbital to make an appearance - they're one of just a few bands now left on my 'must see at PKP' list. Not sure if they're big or relevant enough to headline the Dance Hall but would be a pity if they didn't play in there when it was dark? Late night in the Castello before Sasha and Digweed would be my personal preference but it's nice to dream!! 

Strong possibility Ride will be there as well. They were high up on the main booker's wishlist when they last played in 2015 so reckon they'll go for them again if available, especially if there's new material on the way. I didn't manage to see much of their set (as it clashed with Underworld) but what I did see was superb so would definitely watch them again.

25 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Germany on the 16th. Netherlands on the 18th. Is that a Pukkelpop shaped hole for Moderat? http://moderat.fm/new-tour-festival-dates-in-2017/

5 shows in 5 days though. Not saying it isn't doable but the most gigs they've got in a row on that poster is 3. Granted there will be more to come so that could change but they're also free for 2 days of RW. 

Hope they're up for the challenge though as the live show is always excellent. Likely Dance Hall headliner, or at a push the Marquee.

Lowlands new names

London Grammar, Michael KiwanukaARCHITECTS, BastilleBilly TalentCypress HillFuture IslandsGlass AnimalsNina KravizRobert Hood (DJ set)TalabomanBALOJIDenzel CurryPalaceshameSMIB

Apart from Mumfords and The Editors that's looking like a pretty good line up. I'm hoping that Bastille and the Editors won't be a repeat for Pukkelpop but they probably will :-(

Edited by DiscothequeDave

10 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

If the rumours for V festival are true then Mumfords would be our Thursday headliner if they were announced. It'd mean them playing 4 nights in a row but they've a 4 night run on their schedule in the US so it's very likely.

I know it says 15th on Mumford's website for Frequency but, with the exception of Zurich Openair and Lolla Berlin, every festival they're doing is currently listed as them playing the opening day. There's an outside chance they could be at Frequency on Thursday, which would rule them out of PKP if the V rumours are true. Maybe the change in days for Frequency was so that they could accommodate Mumford's? Would make sense as they could play there on Tuesday, have a day off and then do the 4 shows Thurs-Sun.

Loads of decent names at Boomtown, really hoping there's plenty of overlap. Would happily take M.I.A., The Specials, Cypress Hill, Sugarhill Gang, Toots and the Maytals, Dub FX, Protoje, Altern 8 and far too many of the DJs to list. Think the PKP line up will once again have plenty of strength in depth, which is one of the main reasons why I go each year!!

Hope I'm wrong Dave but not sure I share your optimism about us getting an early announcement this year. Been thinking about the Lowlands situation and reckon they've done it because of the competition from BKS. Their line up this year is a big step up from previous editions so think the Lowlands organisers are seriously concerned about people going there instead, hence the early announcement. Happy to stand corrected but I don't get the impression many people from outside Holland go to Lowlands (look at this forum for instance, the Lowlands thread is virtually dead each year) so they're relying on 'locals' to buy most of the tickets. If you're only going to do one festival this summer then BKS is a serious contender and will no doubt draw lots of people away from Lowlands.