Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Eminem would be a repetition too (2013).

and that wasn't the greatest perfomance ever seen, to put it mildly. His popularity hasn't increased since than, on the contrary!  So I can't see Eminem as a potential headliner, there are/must be better options.

Edited by DaveRSV4

4 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

and that wasn't the greatest perfomance ever seen, to put it mildly. His popularity hasn't increased since than, on the contrary!  So I can't see Eminem as a potential headliner, there are/must be better options.

I agree, he turned out below expectations.

Like I said on the RW forum, Until Aerosmith announce another Belgian date I'm refusing to rule them out of the running for Pukkelpop however unlikely it is.

There is no dutch date for Aerosmith either for 2017. My thinking is that Pukkelpop could book them like they did Iron Maiden, who were in the middle of a world tour, which was mainly arenas/stadiums with few festival dates thrown in. They will leave it a bit so the June / July gigs sell well and then announce PP, possibly Sziget and a Dutch date for August (doubt they'd be the right fit for Lowlands) No Austrian date so Frequency could be a possibility.

This is how I see it anyway and until they are ruled out it's definitely going to happen. Kasabian would be a great sub for them too.

Oh, and the Offspring can fuck right off.

Pixies - The XX - Deadmau5

Kasabian - Aerosmith - 2manyDjs

Twenty One Pilots - Prodigy - Stromae

With Iggy Pop, Foals and Elbow headlining the Marquee.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

36 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

My current guess (which will probably still change because of acts yet to announce a tour):

Headliners: The xx - Elbow - Mumford & Sons

Subs: Lana Del Rey - Kasabian - Twenty One Pilots

Dance closers: The Prodigy/Deadmau5 - Flume - Major Lazer

Marquee headliners: Iggy Pop - Foals - Moderat

No rock headliner for a second year in a row? Mmmmm I think that they will find one!

I hope Werchter will take The XX as a sub.

Mumford is the favourite as headliner now.

What about Editors? They are a sure shot in Belgium

Irrespective of what we think of each of them, at least there are quite a few names being banded around for headliners. That will obviously narrow as we get closer to the first announcement but there's certainly lots of potential. 

I think a lot of the predictions on here look plausible but I'm confident they'll have a couple of wildcards up their sleeves, they always do! Not expecting too many changes to the site after last year but just hoping they stick with what they've now got e.g. The Booth.