Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

55 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So, to catch up..

Ruled out - 

Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, System of a Down, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Bruno Mars

Probably ruled out - 

GNR, Aerosmith (Graspop)

In the mix - 

Kasabian, Placebo, Rise Against, Billy Talent

I'd put The Killers and The XX in the mix!

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pixies just announced for Low Festival in Spain (28-30th july), so they will be in Europe 3 weeks before PKP, so it's almost sure that they will play lot of august european festivals.

Huge candidates for Pukkelpop unless another Belgian august festival will book them (this year they played Dour)

Edited by johnybegood

15 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Pixies just announced for Low Festival in Spain (28-30th july), so they will be in Europe 3 weeks before PKP, so it's almost sure that they will play lot of august european festivals.

Huge candidates for Pukkelpop unless another Belgian august festival will book them (this year they played Dour)

I've a good feeling for another decent line up this year. A lot of the shit (for me) big bands have been taken by RW and look to be playing earlier in the summer at other festivals too.  That said, the headliner pot is looking more increasingly emptier with each announcement so we may get something a bit different from the ordinary next year. Dream headliner for me would be Aerosmith. No Belgian date and PP have a bit of history taking a big rock band that's on tour to headline (Iron Maiden). Wishful thinking on my behalf as they'll probably play Graspop instead. After that I'd want the Strokes or U2.

Makes it interesting though, all the same. Kasabian and possibly Placebo are the only bands I'd put money on playing at the moment if I was a betting man.

33 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

He played 3 years ago, and Pukkelpop doesn't tend to repeat huge headliners in such a short time period.

I can see him playing again. One of the most popular headliners they've had. and it will be 4 years by then.

Edit - it would be a bit of an easy booking though. It would be far more bolder to go for Kendrick, although ticket sales wouldn't be as strong.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

So, KOL and Blink 182 most likely ruled out for PP.

Now that Green Day have 99% been ruled out for RW I think they'll be at PP. I thought this for 2016 and I have a theory they were the big band they couldn't get, so they got Rihanna. GD for 2017 was probably booked before PKP 2016 started, if I'm right in my prediction.

15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So, KOL and Blink 182 most likely ruled out for PP.

Now that Green Day have 99% been ruled out for RW I think they'll be at PP. I thought this for 2016 and I have a theory they were the big band they couldn't get, so they got Rihanna. GD for 2017 was probably booked before PKP 2016 started, if I'm right in my prediction.

Don't forget Graspop. Once that System of a Down and Linin Park have been booked for Werchter, there are not many headliners for metal/rock festivals. Green Day can be announced also for this festival.

Edited by johnybegood

21 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Foals, Car Seat Headrest, Benjamin Clementine, Ty Seagall for Paredes de Coura - same weekend as PP. 

CSH is a definite now. The others likely as well. Foals as a sub I'd imagine after missing out PP last year.

Foals as a Marquee headliner would make more sense, they can't quite get a grip in Belgium it seems. 

CSH and Ty Segall would be very welcome Club acts.

Muse for Reading & Leeds. 

Not sure about this one. they had the option to book them for this year but didn't, opting to shake things up a bit with Rihanna. They are an easy option that get good ticket sales though.

I don't like em anyway so I hope they don't get booked.

Edit. Major Lazer, Bastille (please no to both) Andy C (very likely) and Glass Animals (yes please) and At the Drive In (no idea). Few other acts that'll definitely be there

Yeah only people I'd take from that line-up are At the Drive-In, Muse (who are amazing live but i've seen before) and Andy C (who i wouldn't go see anyway as i've lost count the amount of times i've seen him now).

Bastille are not my cup of tea seen them at another fest and they were really boring.