Very disappointed.  Wasn't expecting a huge amount but this is worse than I thought.  Last year wasn't my cup of tea but at least both headliners were the big artists of the moment.  Pink, who I do like, hasn't done anything in ages and JayZ feels a bit 'Been there done that' after glasto. 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ. Shocking line up, even by V standards.

This festival has completely lost the plot. Are people really going to pay £200 for that?

Yes people may say it's current but I hope even the new gen of festival goer won't pay for that turd.

edit - Actually what's Jay Z and P!nk done recently???

Edited by Mr Nasty

3 minutes ago, Mr Nasty said:

Jesus Christ. Shocking line up, even by V standards.

This festival has completely lost the plot. Are people really going to pay £200 for that?

Yes people may say it's current but I hope even the new gen of festival goer won't pay for that turd.

edit - Actually what's Jay Z and P!nk done recently???

This is my issue.  Neither have done anything for ages.  I do wonder whether some earlier posters are right and he's stepped in because of Beyoncé having twins.

Rest of the line up is OK by pop standards but nothing to write home about.  Just enough to keep me entertained

I think the headliners will make a lot more sense in the coming months when they inevitably announce/release new albums that put them back in the forefront, but even still I can't see this selling particularly well, especially with the lower down acts being pretty crap (Pete Tong second on the poster!?)

Do they have to have done anything recently? Do Pete Tong and Craig David seem like bookings based on what they've done recently? :P Seems aimed at an older mainstream crowd with a bit more money to part with who probably don't give a toss about a new Pink song when they're still jamming Missundastood.

I think quite a lot of events have grown tired of getting trounced by trendier events when marketing for teenagers so are going for the early-mid 2000's thing to get older punters in. Dunno if V can carry it off with the rep it's attained over the last few years but we'll see.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

To be honest I actually think it's two decent headliners, at least it's not Kasabian and KOL on rotation again.

First bit I disagree with as do many others, 2nd bit 100% agree. Of all the "New" headliners they could of picked they picked one which is probably a co-headliner at best at any other major festival and one which provided much uproar when he headlined Glasto. I think the thing that really annoys me about this release is the fact Pete Tong is so high and the fact they seem to have gone cheap by providing very few bands and putting a co-headliner in a headliner slot. Are solo artists, cheaper or something?

2 minutes ago, Gavin Davis said:

First bit I disagree with as do many others, 2nd bit 100% agree. Of all the "New" headliners they could of picked they picked one which is probably a co-headliner at best at any other major festival and one which provided much uproar when he headlined Glasto. I think the thing that really annoys me about this release is the fact Pete Tong is so high and the fact they seem to have gone cheap by providing very few bands and putting a co-headliner in a headliner slot. Are solo artists, cheaper or something?

Tbf Pink has probably backed up doing it with her own numerous sellout shows and Jay Z at V is way different to Glasto. It's not majorly different really to when he did Wireless and there were no complaints then.

Pete Tongs show isn't just a standard dj set though. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Jay Z at V is way different to Glasto. It's not majorly different really to when he did Wireless and there were no complaints then.

Exactly ... why one of the biggest selling artists all of time should be banned from headlining any UK festival ever again just because some racist old farts complained when he did Glastonbury almost a decade ago is beyond me! There are valid grounds on which to criticise that booking but 'Noel Gallagher moaned about him once' is not one of them 

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Exactly ... why one of the biggest selling artists all of time should be banned from headlining any UK festival ever again just because some racist old farts complained when he did Glastonbury almost a decade ago is beyond me! There are valid grounds on which to criticise that booking but 'Noel Gallagher moaned about him once' is not one of them 

True that 

A major festival booking Pink to headline subbed by Craig David in 2017* is the problem here, not Jay Z. I really really hope there is a still main stage sub TBA, for at least the Pink day if not both. 

*assuming Pete Tong and Rudimental are on MTV

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

A major festival booking Pink to headline subbed by Craig David in 2017* is the problem here, not Jay Z. I really really hope there is a still main stage sub TBA, for at least the Pink day if not both. 

*assuming Pete Tong and Rudimental are on MTV

Neil has all the 4 big acts on that poster down as main stage acts.

7 minutes ago, ives56 said:

I'm happy with the lineup and I'm going but surly rudimental can't sub pink or headline MTV I would have them headlining the arena stage 

Isn't the arena stage a dance stage now? So rudimental would be suitable but with the position they are on the poster no chance will they be a 3rd stage act. I'd go with headlining MTV.

Does the Pete Tong show have a lot of lighting effects that need the dark to really have an effect? I just struggle to see it being a high slot, although it has sold out loads of arena shows.

I wonder if it's similar to when Chic played a few years ago where they were billed highly as special guests but played late afternoon, they'd have to be high on the poster to show the day split for them as well since it was already announced in the video that was released last week

52 minutes ago, uninspired_user said:

Does the Pete Tong show have a lot of lighting effects that need the dark to really have an effect? I just struggle to see it being a high slot, although it has sold out loads of arena shows.

I wonder if it's similar to when Chic played a few years ago where they were billed highly as special guests but played late afternoon, they'd have to be high on the poster to show the day split for them as well since it was already announced in the video that was released last week

Yes it does. Lots of lights and lazers. Very visual show