Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, 2016 is over and I'm sure a lot of people can't wait for the next one! Anyone want to start off with any early predictions for the headliners? 

The one I'm probably most confident in predicting is Beyoncé (not sure why, I've just got a hunch) and possibly Ed Sheeran. I'm hoping for Coldplay after seeing them at Glasto but I appreciate it's unlikely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyonce was strongly rumored for this year for a while so that makes sense.  Cant see Coldplay regardless of the fact I think they're going on a break.  Given the increased success of this year, ticket sales wise, I expect it to be a full pop/chart topper line up.  Ed Sheeran is a good shout though I guess it could depend if he does Glasto.  Katie Perry could be in with a shout if her new album hits well, same for Lady Gaga.  Pink as an outsider but not sure if shes popular enough with the younger crowd now.  

Cant think of anyone else at the moment.

Either way my tickets are bought and looking forward to it! 

Edited by watsonjm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Beyonce was strongly rumored for this year for a while so that makes sense.  Cant see Coldplay regardless of the fact I think they're going on a break.  Given the increased success of this year, ticket sales wise, I expect it to be a full pop/chart topper line up.  Ed Sheeran is a good shout though I guess it could depend if he does Glasto.  Katie Perry could be in with a shout if her new album hits well, same for Lady Gaga.  Pink as an outsider but not sure if shes popular enough with the younger crowd now.  

Cant think of anyone else at the moment.

Either way my tickets are bought and looking forward to it! 

I don't think Ed Sheeran playing is dependent that much on him doing Glastonbury or not

I am not sure the audience has a massive overlap and I can only see the telly coverage he would get at the beginning of summer actually helping them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KOL new album is out later this year, with a tour to follow next year no doubt.  They appeal to both the mainstream and others so like last year, I'd expect one big pop act one night, my guess is Timberlake and KOL the other, with a DJ on  the other stage... Calvin Harris perhaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfeltham said:

KOL new album is out later this year, with a tour to follow next year no doubt.  They appeal to both the mainstream and others so like last year, I'd expect one big pop act one night, my guess is Timberlake and KOL the other, with a DJ on  the other stage... Calvin Harris perhaps.

Cant see it personally.  I wouldn't really call KOL mainstream baring a few songs and they certainly wouldn't have the pop draw that Rihanna and Bieber pulled in.

Will be two big pop acts

Edited by watsonjm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

I don't think Ed Sheeran playing is dependent that much on him doing Glastonbury or not

I am not sure the audience has a massive overlap and I can only see the telly coverage he would get at the beginning of summer actually helping them 

True i thinking more of a Glasto exclusive type thing.  Though having thought about it don't remember Glastonbury ever really shouting about exclusive acts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, watsonjm said:

True i thinking more of a Glasto exclusive type thing.  Though having thought about it don't remember Glastonbury ever really shouting about exclusive acts.

Glastonbury don't do exclusives

Also Sheeran said his next festival will be Glastonbury! Although that's quite likely to be next year so I suppose he could do both.

Killers/KOL will both be around so I'm expecting 1 if not both of them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, sisco said:

Glastonbury don't do exclusives

Also Sheeran said his next festival will be Glastonbury! Although that's quite likely to be next year so I suppose he could do both.

Adele?

I think Ed Sheeran is pretty nailed on to be headlining one day (probably Saturday) at Glastonbury this year but I do agree I don't think he'll be an exclusive so I'd expect he'll be at a lot of festivals. I don't think a V headline slot would be out of the question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Adele?

I think Ed Sheeran is pretty nailed on to be headlining one day (probably Saturday) at Glastonbury this year but I do agree I don't think he'll be an exclusive so I'd expect he'll be at a lot of festivals. I don't think a V headline slot would be out of the question.

Don't think Adele was ever billed as exclusive and i think @sisco means its not something Glastonbury require bands to sign up to or use as advertising.  

Think Ed would be a good shout for V and Glastonbury though i hope he plays the Sunday (i always work the Sunday at Glasto and have seen Ed a few times) 

Olly Murs has a new album coming and just announced a tour so he's a shoe in for a set somewhere at V.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not something that Glastonbury asks for (Exclusivity). 

With Ed it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he went the Adele route and only plays Glastonbury next year then plays the likes of V, T and IOW the following year off the back of a new album (I don't know when it's out?)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Ed Sheeran//The Script//Ellie Goulding

Two Door Cinema Club

Kings of Leon//Olly Murs//Courteeners

Emeli Sande

Possible The 1975 might slot in if Ellie Goulding isn't around or The Script's next album isn't out by then. The Script should probably move down from sub now but don't see V being that brave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Coldplay I cant see headlining a UK festival next year after the monster performance at Glasto.

JT played a few years ago and not sure he's done enough since.  Murrs will play somewhere, Mars I can see popping up as well.  Still not sure on headliners but could see Gaga being in with a chance, esp with Glasto apparently sniffing around her.  KOL keep popping up on peoples list but simply cannot see it unless they do a full U turn from the pop line up of this year (which sold very well).  Sheeran I can def see but if he gets the Glasto set everyone's talking about I can see him just doing that and another massive tour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, watsonjm said:

Coldplay I cant see headlining a UK festival next year after the monster performance at Glasto.

JT played a few years ago and not sure he's done enough since.  Murrs will play somewhere, Mars I can see popping up as well.  Still not sure on headliners but could see Gaga being in with a chance, esp with Glasto apparently sniffing around her.  KOL keep popping up on peoples list but simply cannot see it unless they do a full U turn from the pop line up of this year (which sold very well).  Sheeran I can def see but if he gets the Glasto set everyone's talking about I can see him just doing that and another massive tour. 

Oh yeah, I forgot he done it previously. That was the year I didn't go. 

Drake could make an apperance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...