• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, brfcstar said:

It's Ed Sheeran and Mumford and Sons

23 minutes ago, kells004 said:

Is that a guess?

I doubt it, this guy has a decent record.....he was wrong on one, one of the years but he's not a bullshit.

No shock about V, absolute sellout on day 1 without a doubt. Mumford aren't a shock tbf.

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Mumford and Sheeran would be a step away from the all out pop/dance direction I thought they'd be sticking with after last year, although certainly big sellers (Sheeran especially). Would this also be the first time Glastonbury and V have shared a headliner?

1st for a while but defo not 1st time. A mass amount of the people into dance will like Ed too. I'd be surprised if Mumford sold out their day, at Staffs anyway.

Edited by thewayiam

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Mumford and Sheeran would be a step away from the all out pop/dance direction I thought they'd be sticking with after last year, although certainly big sellers (Sheeran especially). Would this also be the first time Glastonbury and V have shared a headliner?

They shared headliners in 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007 and 2008, but it's the first for a while yeah. I assumed it was the first time anyone's headlined V and Reading on the same album tour but apparently Eminem, Muse, Franz Ferdinand and The Killers all did (although FF was a co-headline at V)

Edited by Zac Quinn

20 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I doubt it, this guy has a decent record.....he was wrong on one, one of the years but he's not a bullshit.

No shock about V, absolute sellout on day 1 without a doubt. Mumford aren't a shock tbf.

I just wondered how he knew or knows this? Not saying it's a lie seems logical just wondered if there was facts 

If the top four was 

Ed/The 1975

M&S/Emeli Sande

I'd be all over it

And hopefully that would just about be weak enough to mean tickets still available after I fail to score in the Glastonbury resale

Realistically can't see past Olly Murs and Little Mix as subs though 

Edited by Zac Quinn

49 minutes ago, kells004 said:

I just wondered how he knew or knows this? Not saying it's a lie seems logical just wondered if there was facts 

No idea, some people just have connections, yeah I know that. 

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

If the top four was 

Ed/The 1975

M&S/Emeli Sande

I'd be all over it

And hopefully that would just about be weak enough to mean tickets still available after I fail to score in the Glastonbury resale

Realistically can't see past Olly Murs and Little Mix as subs though 

I don't see either of those subbing them.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No idea, some people just have connections, yeah I know that. 

I don't see either of those subbing them.

Yeah The 1975 are obviously unlikely to play at all and Emeli Sande subbing would require her to have been booked before the album flopped but it was just me saying what would be the best semi-realistic options for my taste really. Olly Murs and Little Mix subbing I'd not bother with at the prices V charges now.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah The 1975 are obviously unlikely to play at all and Emeli Sande subbing would require her to have been booked before the album flopped but it was just me saying what would be the best semi-realistic options for my taste really. Olly Murs and Little Mix subbing I'd not bother with at the prices V charges now.

I actually meant the two subs mentioned below that I didn't see. I'm only half aware that Emeli released her album, I was kind of still half on the side of it was still coming. Her released single wasn't all that bad though. 

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually meant the two subs mentioned below that I didn't see.

Oh right :lol: Olly Murs would only sub if he played and I can't see him not being booked, possible Little Mix might take a year off although they have put out a massive album since playing third last year so they wouldn't be the least-justified booking in history.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually meant the two subs mentioned below that I didn't see. I'm only half aware that Emeli released her album, I was kind of still half on the side of it was still coming. Her released single wasn't all that bad though. 

Which says a lot, because she's put out two. Obviously the album didn't flop flop, it's still in the top 40 after three months, but compared to the predecessor it needed to do better than this.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Oh right :lol: Olly Murs would only sub if he played and I can't see him not being booked, possible Little Mix might take a year off although they have put out an album since last year.

Which says a lot, because she's put out two. Obviously the album didn't flop flop, it's still in the top 40 after three months, but compared to the predecessor it needed to do better than this.

Maybe so then.

Oh I knew of her original album, just wasn't fully aware that her 2nd last year was out.

Sounds like it done as well as Foals album....and the title couldn't be more apt!

1 hour ago, jakecase said:

Aren't M&S playing two other festivals during V weekend?? Don't know why they're 'Strongly rumoured'... doubt they'll be there tbh

no their only date that weekend is on the Friday

No Charli XCX, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Kesha or 5SOS, all of whom could probably have been expected