Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mrtuzz7 said:

I tweeted Rivers from Weezer - asked if they would be gracing the farm this year. He actually tweeted me back and siad 'that would be awesome!!!!'  I really would love them to play. Great band with lots of good songs for a festival slot.

Unfortunately in the US either side of the festival (although a month gap between both of those dates) so unless they fancy making the trip over just for Glastonbury it's looking pretty unlikely that they'll be there :(

One of these years we'll get 'em!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately in the US either side of the festival (although a month gap between both of those dates) so unless they fancy making the trip over just for Glastonbury it's looking pretty unlikely that they'll be there :(

Yeah I see that. They don't come over enough really. It's a shame as I think they would be bigger in the UK if they put a few mores shows in. The White Album was a great record.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw them at Manchester Academy last year (Awful venue) but was one of the best gigs I have been to in so long. Need them at Glastonbury, they have the hits for a great set in the sun

2 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Saw them at Manchester Academy last year (Awful venue) but was one of the best gigs I have been to in so long. Need them at Glastonbury, they have the hits for a great set in the sun

Wanted to go to that so much but if i remember correctly it was pretty pricey and I couldn't justify it (in hindsight I should've just said 'fuck it' as they barely ever tour here). Saw them at Leeds '10 and they were excellent and up there with one of my favourite festival sets. Got them as third down Other in my head. Those dates don't rule them out quite as much as I initially thought, but probably still very unlikely given how little they come here.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Argh! They are touring the week after Glastonbury, but I might be a bit of quivering wreck by that point. Damn.

How were they? Nice guys?

Really guys! They added us on their list for a TV recording tonight, where they will play their new record. Yesterday we had the chance to listen the new album and it is brillant stuff

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wanted to go to that so much but if i remember correctly it was pretty pricey and I couldn't justify it (in hindsight I should've just said 'fuck it' as they barely ever tour here). Saw them at Leeds '10 and they were excellent and up there with one of my favourite festival sets. Got them as third down Other in my head. Those dates don't rule them out quite as much as I initially thought, but probably still very unlikely given how little they come here.

They said at the Brixton gig last year in April 'see you at Glastonbury and Reading' - it never happened, but then i was thinking next year hopefully. Looking less likely now Reading have announced a good chunk of acts. 

Edited by mrtuzz7

1 minute ago, mrtuzz7 said:

They said at the Brixton gig last year in April 'see you at Glastonbury and Reading' - it never happened, but then i was thinking next year hopefully. Looking less likely now Reading have announced a good chunk of acts. 

They also said that at the Manchester gig which I then informed my friend who was going, got his hopes up and then I felt bad I let him down for giving false information.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah my reason was they don't tour often so sod it just go and it was totally worth it just to see them play El Scorcho. 

4 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

The Mavericks (yes, The Mavericks) have just confirmed a show at Gateshead Sage on Thurs 22nd.

They must be in with a shout for West Holts one day? Dancing drunk to Dance the Night Away is a must.

Acoustic Stage, if anything.

I seem to recall they played there a few years back 

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

First Aid Kit announced at Wilderness Festival which granted is at the beginning of August but does show they'll be around.

Long overdue at the farm following 2013 (I think?)

A sunny afternoon at the Park please...

If they're on the Park they'll surely be headlining it at this point - their last album took off quite a bit and I imagine they'll take off all over again with the new one.

53 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Looking at their last setlist, they played 2 songs from their first 2 albums in a 10 song set. That'd be disappointing.

The chances of us getting anything off Pinkerton would be very low anyway but I'd expect them to keep Undone in the set at least.

1 minute ago, The Placid Casual said:

Looking at their last setlist, they played 2 songs from their first 2 albums in a 10 song set. That'd be disappointing.

The chances of us getting anything off Pinkerton would be very low anyway but I'd expect them to keep Undone in the set at least.

Seen the last 2 Brixton shows and the setlists were spot on. 

Just now, mrtuzz7 said:

Seen the last 2 Brixton shows and the setlists were spot on. 

We won't get over 20 songs like at those shows though. I do love Weezer's first two albums but if they're gonna be avoiding playing anything off those bar Buddy Holly and Say It Ain't So I can't help but think I'll feel underwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

We won't get over 20 songs like at those shows though. I do love Weezer's first two albums but if they're gonna be avoiding playing anything off those bar Buddy Holly and Say It Ain't So I can't help but think I'll feel underwhelmed.

Aye as much as I'd love Weezer to be there, what I really want (and I'm sure I'm in the majority) is a Blue/Pinkerton filled setlist which is definitely not something we'll get. Pinkerton is my absolute favourite album of theirs and as fun as their set would be regardless, it's inevitable absence from the setlist would still be a bummer.

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Emeli Sande got added to V but she's quite low down so I think she's pushing it to even be third on the Pyramid now 

IMG_1073.JPG

Good god that lineup is horrific!

Edited by merago
Spelling correction

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Emeli Sande got added to V but she's quite low down so I think she's pushing it to even be third on the Pyramid now 

IMG_1073.JPG

Fucking hell that four year gap between albums really saw her take a tumble didn't it? Inescapable in 2012 - barely registers now.