Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think EOTR is probably winning lineup of the year so far. Would love to see Parquet Courts, Alvvays, Real Estate, Foxxygen, Car Seat, Bill Ryder-Jones, Marika Hackman and Julie Byrne as well as one or two others. Bit surprised Spoon aren't on the there though.

I'd also see Japanese Breakfast on the basis of the band name alone.

37 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I got it bang on haha, it is 20+fees. According to Manchester Academy's website anyway. If there's one thing I know it's The Cribs.

What I like about The Cribs is that they have loads of hits, not just a band that have 4/5 songs you like and the rest you deal with and they don't try overcharge what they are.

6 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I've learnt something today -- http://japanesefood.about.com/cs/styles/a/breakfast.htm

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Would be great to get both of those. Is EOTR maybe a bit too late in the summer though to be getting our hopes up? 

Yeah that's the worry. Maybe a few of those more likely for Bestival instead - what with RDB supposedly saying they are going back towards a more indie feel.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What I like about The Cribs is that they have loads of hits, not just a band that have 4/5 songs you like and the rest you deal with and they don't try overcharge what they are.

Personally if I like 4/5 songs by a band I tend to like the rest too. But yeah, there's rarely filler on a Cribs record. Main thing for me is how varied their music is, I don't like when they get thrown in with some of the other shite that was big 10 years ago, they really are pretty unique.

Edited by Odessa

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Personally if I like 4/5 songs by a band I tend to like the rest too. But yeah, there's rarely filler on a Cribs record. Main thing for me is how varied their music is, I don't like when they get thrown in with some of the other shite that was big at the time, they really are pretty unique.

There are a few bands like that for me where I'm like £30, probably closer to £35 now is just too much sometimes for what I like.  I don't find all The Cribs albums to be great but I like how they play what they know you want to hear you hear and not too much of new new stuff.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There are a few bands like that for me where I'm like £30, probably closer to £35 now is just too much sometimes for what I like.  I don't find all The Cribs albums to be great but I like how they play what they know you want to hear you hear and not too much of new new stuff.

I've seen them 11 times now so the stuff I want to hear is what they don't play! Tbf they're usually good to play one or two gems per gig/tour that don't usually get played so it doesn't get stale. I nearly went down to London for the old skool show in September but after the summer I was too skint, that would have been amazing. They just played stuff up to 2005. We Can No Longer Cheat You has annoyingly eluded me last few years despite being played on occasion, really would love to hear that song live one day.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

I've seen them 11 times now so the stuff I want to hear is what they don't play! Tbf they're usually good to play one or two gems per gig/tour that don't usually get played so it doesn't get stale. I nearly went down to London for the old skool show in September but after the summer I was too skint, that would have been amazing. They just played stuff up to 2005. We Can No Longer Cheat You has annoyingly eluded me last few years despite being played on occasion, really would love to hear that song live one day.

Yeah I'd like to hear Another Number and Cheat again.

10 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah that's the worry. Maybe a few of those more likely for Bestival instead - what with RDB supposedly saying they are going back towards a more indie feel.

True, however until proved otherwise I'm taking this as good news. Take solace in the fact that until this morning there was no guarantee they'd be in the UK over the summer at all. 

55 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Julie Byrne way, way down that lineup as well - I know a lot of people are loving her new one.

Liking her yeah. Playing Leeds and London in late May and still in the UK late August. Theres a Glasto shaped hole you could fly a jumbo jet through. 

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Japanese are far ahead of us in many ways, but they are seriously lacking in the breakfast department. They need some serious scrambled egg lessons.

Thats crazy talk. Bento boxes are the destroyer of hangovers. 

Edited by The Nal

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Japanese are far ahead of us in many ways, but they are seriously lacking in the breakfast department. They need some serious scrambled egg lessons.

Depends what you consider as 'ahead' in terms of breakfast. In deliciousness maybe. In obesity rates.. also yes, but not in a good way.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Liking her yeah. Playing Leeds and London in late May and still in the UK late August. Theres a Glasto shaped hole.

Just saw her dates - will definitely be going to the Manchester one. After forking out ridiculous money for other gigs lately it's so satisfying to only have to pay a tenner for this one. Can see this album breaking in to my AOTY - can't get enough of it

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Just saw her dates - will definitely be going to the Manchester one. After forking out ridiculous money for other gigs lately it's so satisfying to only have to pay a tenner for this one. Can see this album breaking in to my AOTY - can't get enough of it

Where did you see the dates? 

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Think EOTR is probably winning lineup of the year so far. Would love to see Parquet Courts, Alvvays, Real Estate, Foxxygen, Car Seat, Bill Ryder-Jones, Marika Hackman and Julie Byrne as well as one or two others. Bit surprised Spoon aren't on the there though.

Really hoping Foxygen have sorted out their live performances. I saw them at Primavera a few years ago and they were atrocious. Also intrigued to see how well the new album comes across live 

Edited by AdamWillingham

40 minutes ago, AdamWillingham said:

Really hoping Foxygen have sorted out their live performances. I saw them at Primavera a few years ago and they were atrocious. Also intrigued to see how well the new album comes across live 

Also saw them at Primavera, They were shocking!
They barley played anything from 'We are the 21st century...' and I was completely uninterested in Star Power.