Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

with Eddie Vedder in Europe in July could he be a shout for the 'older' headliner?

Well Pearl Jam were one of the headline options on the survey as I remember selecting them, so I can see this happening and he'd do a great job; he could do what Thom Yorke did way back when

6 minutes ago, pryce said:

not big enough solo wise? or just not the right fit, was just a thought as the third headliner is pretty hard to predict atm!

Yeah not big enough and not the right fit - I know he's a big name in music but i don't think many Latitude goers would be calling out for a solo show from him. Not sure where I'd really place him in the UK festival scene. Pearl Jam themselves have done very few UK festivals so he's a bit of a weird one.

The 1975, Lana Del Rey and Pixies/Massive Attack/an older option (lost track of who's actually available/touring around that time).

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Headlining Bestival pretty much takes The xx out of the running.

normally it would but they are doing every festival going across Europe and Jamie Xx is at LoveBox the same weekend so I still think it's possibly.

The recent album ain't great either so if they know what's good for them they'll grab every penny they can before fading into obscurity. 

9 minutes ago, evannn said:

How? Not billed as an exclusive anywhere I've seen

They're doing Glastonbury too so not exclusive. But Latitude and Bestival are in direct competition and you best believe if Melvin got them, they wouldn't be at Bestival. It's not impossible that'll change eventually but I wouldn't predict it.

6 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

normally it would but they are doing every festival going across Europe and Jamie Xx is at LoveBox the same weekend so I still think it's possibly.

The recent album ain't great either so if they know what's good for them they'll grab every penny they can before fading into obscurity. 

I took Jamie doing Lovebox as a quick buck in between the European festival tour ending and the rest of world tour beginning.

I can't disagree that the new album is a bag of shit but it's gone down pretty well on the whole. I guess the trick was going off for a few years so they'll probably return and do the same calibre slots every five years now.

18 hours ago, npjp said:

lots of exciting names on the 6 music festival lineup announced today :nyam: I spy future islands on there also, I read in here they were a uk exclusive at green man so hopefully that was wrong! would love to see them at lat

would love Future Islands, and thought they would certainly be at Latitude...i think you are right, sure it was reported that they were a UK festival exclusive at Green Man.....could be that technically this means 'summer festivals' which is why they are playing bbc6? That is next month so not quite summer?

Would love them to somehow play Latitude though.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're doing Glastonbury too so not exclusive. But Latitude and Bestival are in direct competition and you best believe if Melvin got them, they wouldn't be at Bestival. It's not impossible that'll change eventually but I wouldn't predict it.

I'm not saying it's likely, but I don't think we can rule it out. I've seen bookings advertised as "festival headline exclusives" which this one isn't, and neither party has made a fuss about it being the xx's first major festival headline slot