NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

18 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

There's something about returning to our parents' home that turns us back into children!  May be the time to use a bit of Transactional Analysis and consciously put yourself in Adult state for the whole of the visit.  Staying logical cuts out the emotion and keeps you safe.  I find this article really helpful

http://www.carolsolomonphd.com/web_pdfs/Transact.pdf

Good luck Yog!

Greetings all, happy Finbarr day.  I hope you're all feeling yourselves today.

Thanks dizzymoo - I don't think I'll have time to read and absorb the article today, but will copy and paste it and file it for reading when I've got more time. In anycase I've just rang them and they are not in, so have left a message to say that I'll ring them again about 4pm and if they are in go down to see them then. :)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yoghurt on a Stick, hope you can find a way to deal with the family issues. Warm handshakes

I like the cider box S2H.  We went to a cider festival in Leeds last weekend and it made me smile to see the Lilleys boxes. I'm thirsty now.

Happy Friday everyone,

Oh Yog! I stayed at my auntie's last night and we ended up having a bit of a ding dong too. She's such an intractable apologist for my Dad, who I love dearly, but is pretty weak and crap and has made dreadful parental choices for the last 40 years. I left without seeing her and it was all a bit awkward, though I have smoothed things with willing-if-frustrated apologies today. Families, eh?

On a more positive note, I'm shortly heading out to meet 6-7 GF camping friends in a Brum, seeing the Lounge Kittens before a mega techno all-nighter I've talked them into!! I'll be spiritually back at Block 9 come 3am tomorrow!

Hope everyone has some happy stuff to look forward to this weekend.

love

Ben x

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Happy Friday everyone,

Oh Yog! I stayed at my auntie's last night and we ended up having a bit of a ding dong too. She's such an intractable apologist for my Dad, who I love dearly, but is pretty weak and crap and has made dreadful parental choices for the last 40 years. I left without seeing her and it was all a bit awkward, though I have smoothed things with willing-if-frustrated apologies today. Families, eh?

On a more positive note, I'm shortly heading out to meet 6-7 GF camping friends in a Brum, seeing the Lounge Kittens before a mega techno all-nighter I've talked them into!! I'll be spiritually back at Block 9 come 3am tomorrow!

love

Ben x

Oh goodness thats' tonight! That came round super quick. Have a top night. Love a bit of lounge kittens. Missed them this year. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Happy Friday everyone,

love

Ben x

Hello Ben

I know that you've been looking forward to this event for some time. Hope it's a fab night out for you. My wife's son went to a techno night last night in Manchester and then arrived at our house with a friend from Manchester this morning at about 6am. All a little odd seeing as my wife's son doesn't actually live here (in this house or even city). Anyway, they are going to the same all night bash as you tonight. Then, tomorrow afternoon he has to come with us to London for a big family get together (family - on my wife's side). He hasn't actually seen the majority of his cousins etc. I suspect he's not going to look his best after two heavy duty nights of it already under his belt.

Anyway, I managed to stay 25 minutes at my folks house and no swear words were issued from me or my dad. I guess that could be considered progress.

Indeed Mr G. Intrigued to see what they're up to, especially after the woods were so nice this year, even in the rain!

Beer rugby and curry this evening (thought I'd change it up after pizza last week!) then got the Pink Floyd and Genesis documentaries recording for when Mrs Q finishes watching telly.

Happy Friday night my lovelies!

It's the lull before the storm at our house this evening. We've got three 'youths' in the house waiting until it's time to go out to the all nighter techno thingy. One is in bed resting, whereas the other two have already started taking their medication. However, the one currently in bed will probably put in a sterling effort when push comes to shove - his medication of choice is, so I am told, military grade acid. Each to their own I guess.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Indeed Mr G. Intrigued to see what they're up to, especially after the woods were so nice this year, even in the rain!

I understand old cars are involved, and that immediately made me think of footage I've seen of carhenge, but I guess that's been done so they wouldn't repeat it.  I'm wondering if there might be a bit more outlying camping space created, and Joe Rush and the team might be given Oxlyers to play with. Could draw some of the crowds away from the naughty corner after the main stages finish. Guess we'll find out sooner or later! :) 

53 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I understand old cars are involved, and that immediately made me think of footage I've seen of carhenge, but I guess that's been done so they wouldn't repeat it.  I'm wondering if there might be a bit more outlying camping space created, and Joe Rush and the team might be given Oxlyers to play with. Could draw some of the crowds away from the naughty corner after the main stages finish. Guess we'll find out sooner or later! :) 

That's an interesting idea. Although it does make me think of the debacle that was the spider in 2011.

9 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

I have been out, in the real world, drinking gin, hurrah - clearly don't have benny boy's stamina though, bet he is still hard at it, night all xx

Gin is a splendid drink, but sometimes you just need to have some red wine and a smoke I find.

Ben is on good form. It looks like he and his mob are going to meet my wife's son and his two mates at the club that they are in. Had a text from Ben earlier indicating that all was well with the world, so to speak.

Anyway, can't show you all the photos but Fag Head lives under our stairs. Personally I'd allow him out but my wife insists he stay in there - out of the way! I fear for him. I've read what cabin fever can do. I also think he may be showing signs of Stockholm syndrome. He keeps writing me letters you see, the tone of which has got a bit fruity of late. If only Marjorie Proops were still alive to guide me in my hour of need.

Well two of the young lads have gone to bed. One of them is still up but feeling a little psychotic. And acting it if I may add. Haven't been to bed yet myself and have to head off to London at about 4pm, so can't see the point in bothering going to bed now. Really not sure how this family event will pan out this evening. Fortunately it's not my family, so I don't have any anxiety about going to it.