NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

You're very welcome and thanks Yog.  Why so bleak?

Things just got the better of me yesterday, most of the night (I had little sleep) and today. I felt as though I was drifting back in to a state of clinical depression, which I have suffered before and take medecine continually to avoid. I can't say that I am particularly happy go lucky now, but realise that tomorrows another day and that maybe it'll be a good one.

43 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I shall visit this now, I have a headache tonight and various germs battling inside me. Hope everyone else is ok ( @Quark, don't be drinking too much red wine).

I'm all good. Been on the gin ;)

Chin up Yog (easier said than bloody done). Find the things that help you rebalance and run with them. All comes good eventually

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Things just got the better of me yesterday, most of the night (I had little sleep) and today. I felt as though I was drifting back in to a state of clinical depression, which I have suffered before and take medecine continually to avoid. I can't say that I am particularly happy go lucky now, but realise that tomorrows another day and that maybe it'll be a good one.

Sorry you've been in a bad way.  Things always feel worse when you've had no sleep, but I also understand about the sense of depression always waiting in the wings.  I've taken St John's Wort for years and it's kept me going but hasn't stopped me stumbling over the last year, even at 3x the dose.  Some shit is just really hard to get through anyway.  You've had some bad stuff happening which would be difficult for anyone to deal with.  But one thing about having had depression and recovered is that you know it's possible to get  better.  Also I think that depression is a good indicator that something fundamental in life isn't right,  sometimes out of our awareness.  Hang onto what feels right in your life,  keep doing what you love with the people  you love.  Loads of love for you here - evidenced by how many people will be helping you and Mrs Yog on resale day.

Big hug xx

Sorry you've been having a difficult time @Yoghurt on a Stick. Depression sucks. Of course, the key thing is to keep talking and surround yourself with the people who love you, it's OK to admit your struggle and it's OK to ask for help. Sending a big hug your way sir!

Sorry for the mud photo - although I do wonder what happens when you get to strike three? 

A couple more when the sky was amazing and the grass was green :D

11703426_10154265774584625_2303494523242530540_o.jpg

11705452_10154265801884625_1538483923734102596_o.jpg

1 minute ago, sheffieldlady said:

Sorry you've been having a difficult time @Yoghurt on a Stick. Depression sucks. Of course, the key thing is to keep talking and surround yourself with the people who love you, it's OK to admit your struggle and it's OK to ask for help. Sending a big hug your way sir!

Sorry for the mud photo - although I do wonder what happens when you get to strike three? 

A couple more when the sky was amazing and the grass was green :D

11703426_10154265774584625_2303494523242530540_o.jpg

11705452_10154265801884625_1538483923734102596_o.jpg

I reckon with those you must be on an even keel again ;-)

Bound to be a great June. Night all, and a better day tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

aaahhhhh is that today. I have presale codes; Website unavailable - how long ago did you manage to get any ?

I am on O2 so used the priority ticket link, got them at 9.35am! My sister tried with the amazon presale and got nowhere. You might find some now? Worth a try!! 

Hello just catching up @Yoghurt on a Stick I will definitely help you and Mrs Yog in the resale if I am able to get to a pc, your posts always make me chuckle/think/both - would be great to meet you both in person next year, hope today is a better day for you and you are starting to feel brighter. 

Gumby - nice tree and whatever you do don't get a windows phone I have one for work and it is pants.  HMV - have a fab time in New York - never been and would love to go sure you will both have a ball

Lucy - yay for Take That - I do have a sneaking admiration for their pop tunes

Sheff Lady - good recovery! more pics of sun and grass please!

I have man flu today at work eating soup and feeling sorry for myself whilst it is being very Manchester outside. But hurrah off on Friday for a long w/e in York with Mr D and the boys and it is my birthday on Friday - need to shift this cold before then.

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Well done Lucy! Sorry if you missed out @Funkyfairy!. They do have a certain... appeal.

Probably a blessing in disguise we missed out, woud have meant flying to London for the Saturday and take that, back to Jersey on Sunday for Folklore then off again the friday afterward by boat to pick up the campervan pre Glastonbury

Time to be sensible, can't do it all

(secretly praying I will be in London with work that week and can pick up a last minute ticket)

7 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Probably a blessing in disguise we missed out, woud have meant flying to London for the Saturday and take that, back to Jersey on Sunday for Folklore then off again the friday afterward by boat to pick up the campervan pre Glastonbury

Time to be sensible, can't do it all

(secretly praying I will be in London with work that week and can pick up a last minute ticket)

We're going on the Tuesday if you are!! :)

18 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Thanks LucyGinger, come next year I 'may be' organising a few days in London (somewhere around Tuesday) - sure there will be second hand tickets for sale at that point, last minute and I'll certainly give you a shout :-)

Fabulous! If I hear of any going, I'll let you know! We've got standing tickets :)

9 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hello just catching up @Yoghurt on a Stick I will definitely help you and Mrs Yog in the resale if I am able to get to a pc, your posts always make me chuckle/think/both - would be great to meet you both in person next year, hope today is a better day for you and you are starting to feel brighter.

That's fab news and really decent of you noplacelikehome. It's also really appreciated by me personally. It's been a humbling experience witnessing people stepping up to the mark to help me. I'm glad that my posts (or some of them at least) make you chuckle / think. That's kind of what I aim for - except when I'm smashed and don't really know what my intentions are, other than the posts being some sort of personal catharsis.