NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

21 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

As long as you both come to the meet!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As long as you both come to the meet!

Try stopping us from going to the meet (tickets permitting). Greatly appreciated stuartbert. In fact, I'm not really going to be able to portray my gratitude for help on this sufficiently enough - I just can't think of the right words. :)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

Lined up to help on t day 

Hello all

i am back in the land of the forums, sitting At Gatwick airport catching up. The forums are blocked in Bali and boy did I miss this place on ticket weekend :-(

Just had the perfect 7 hour flight with Emirates , spent 5 hours watching the below 5 episodes on the entertainment system, I'd had little time post 2016 festival to watch anything and my goodness it was great and indulgent to catch up in one go.... Bloody hell it looked blinding on TV. Couldn't watch it on the way out as didn't want to jinx the ticket gods, and can't deny I shed a tear or two on the way home watching it .... 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Always happy to help on sale day, I'm sure we'll get you there Yog :) 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh hell yes Yog! All over it my man :)

Welcome back FF, glad you had a good holiday.

Had a couple of pairs of uni friends and their kids (both under 1 so manageable!) round for a grown up roast and vino this afternoon, just finishing clearing up to the sounds of Gentleman's Dub Club before settling down with a glass of something pleasant. Hope everyone else has had a good weekend :)

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Great news Yog!

Morning!! Shitterton here and all Gumby, hope Gumby jr survives the seaside! I don't mind a blustery walk by the sea in this weather, it can be quite refreshing, but I am not a small child!! 

Yog- I am very pleased to see that you and your wife will be trying for tickets, I am helping a couple of friends on resale day but can put you on my list of people to help too :) We will get you there! 

Well I've had a rather pleasant Monday. Was working weekend so had a day in lieu. Got clothes sorted for packing for New York cos working till we head to the airport hotel on Friday after work. Got all me sparklies out and ready for the big apple. Want her seeing me at my best. 

And have just watched the Justin Timberlake concert on Netflix. Not a bad day. Just have to endure a few days at work then escape for a week with no mud involved. Hurrah!