NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

39 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Guys how do I buy tickets for Mrs Browns Boys via eFests link? Where is this link?? 

Have you gone to eGigs? Tickets normally there.

9 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Is this a trick question? 

I'm with CG on this one Gumby. Always avoided it but gave in and watched an episode last week. Laughed like a drain. Wouldn't watch it all the time but there's something quite sweet about the humour.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bright and sunny in Brum after a w*t start this morning.

All a bit frazzled at work and at Ben TowersTM!

Festival-wise, am breaking the one-per-year rule in 2017 to take Child 3 to his first proper festival at Latitude.

Hooray!

:)

Ben

Ooh Ben I might bump into you at Latitude as hoping to go with my bestie (and maybe family) next year.  Yet to be discussed with Mr Moo...  How's child#1 doing at uni?  Ours is settling in quite happily, though I did have a long phone conversation with him in the first week when he had to describe the cooker to me so I could tell him where the grill was!

10 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I was going to ask that! How does being at the same festival as your child work out?! 

We only started going to festivals after having kids and have always taken them so we never had that 'it won't be as good as it was without kids' problem.  When they were younger they stayed with us, and more recently have occasionally gone off to see other bands, but as yet aren't too embarrassed to be seen with us.  That may change now the eldest is at uni and has been to Reading with his mates.  He's not too embarrassed to let us buy a Glastonbury ticket for him though!

8 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

He's not too embarrassed to let us buy a Glastonbury ticket for him though!

In his defence, principles can be quite expensive :lol:

Anyway Wednesday so happy hump day all!  Weather looks like turning out nice again, just hope we're not using up all of our good weather tokens before next June :) 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

In his defence, principles can be quite expensive :lol:

Anyway Wednesday so happy hump day all!  Weather looks like turning out nice again, just hope we're not using up all of our good weather tokens before next June :) 

It's crap here so I haven't used my good weather tokens yet! 

Morning all :) 

Cold, crisp and dry here today. Projects for the day include installing a new kitchen mixer tap (if it arrives), getting started on the driftwood Christmas tree that I've been meaning to get on with for months, and starting some homemade fragolino. 

Just need to pick some tunes to go with it! Have a good day, you wonderful bunch! :) 

I'm tempted by other festivals in 2018, but I may be trying for an extended holiday for my 50th, depending on what exams the young uns are doing too.

Good luck with the tree, Mr G. You got the star and fairy sorted for it yet?

9 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I'm tempted by other festivals in 2018, but I may be trying for an extended holiday for my 50th, depending on what exams the young uns are doing too.

Good luck with the tree, Mr G. You got the star and fairy sorted for it yet?

Thanks, Carlos. We thought, as it's going to be made of driftwood, it had to be a starfish to go on top really! :) 

This is an 'I know I've only just got here, but I'm vanishing for a week' post.  Off to Spain for daughter to practice her Spanish for GCSE. I don't speak any Spanish so am relying on them.  They were practising last night - as well as the obligatory '2 beers please' husband can say 'what time do the caves open' and daughter 'please may we hire 3 bicycles'.  So we'll be the tipsy ones on bikes visiting caves :rofl:

Have a good week everyone, back end of next week.

Edited by trevethin
typo

Have a good holiday trev! Remember to drink sensibly if cycling... your tree sounds ace gumby I fear if I made one it would just look like a pile of old wood in the corner of the room but all power to you for taking it on and yes we need pictures! In sunny Milton Keynes today the sky is blue and the weather gods are behaving hurrah for sun. X

Oh and cg I typed a post to answer your question last night but forgot to send it and only saw it when opening the thread this morning - seriously think I am losing the plot - can see scruff sorted you out though x

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Ooh yes, your driftwood tree! Can we have before and after pics please? 

To be honest, there's not much of a 'before' to look at, just a box of driftwood, a packet of screws, and a big rod (steady, now!) to put it on. I'll do an 'after' photo, though :) 

11 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

To be honest, there's not much of a 'before' to look at, just a box of driftwood, a packet of screws, and a big rod (steady, now!) to put it on. I'll do an 'after' photo, though :) 

I think a pic of the box of wood and your big rod would be a good "before" pic! 

I have a driftwood Christmas tree. I bought mine off the net but now having seen it's simplistic construction I'd like to make one myself. I've been making quite a few things recently. They are for sale in the shop, on ebay and Etsy. I've had one buyer so far. It's nice when people appreciate your work, especially if it's one of your own designs.

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

Have a good holiday trev! Remember to drink sensibly if cycling... your tree sounds ace gumby I fear if I made one it would just look like a pile of old wood in the corner of the room but all power to you for taking it on and yes we need pictures! In sunny Milton Keynes today the sky is blue and the weather gods are behaving hurrah for sun. X

Oh and cg I typed a post to answer your question last night but forgot to send it and only saw it when opening the thread this morning - seriously think I am losing the plot - can see scruff sorted you out though x

And it's not even Friday.

My driftwood tree would be a pallet with tinsel. Be nice to see the finished results, or a stop motion film of it being built, like Vision On?

50 minutes ago, carlosj said:

And it's not even Friday.

My driftwood tree would be a pallet with tinsel. Be nice to see the finished results, or a stop motion film of it being built, like Vision On?

Vision On. That's got me thinking. Just remembered the programme 'How'.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have a driftwood Christmas tree. I bought mine off the net but now having seen it's simplistic construction I'd like to make one myself. I've been making quite a few things recently. They are for sale in the shop, on ebay and Etsy. I've had one buyer so far. It's nice when people appreciate your work, especially if it's one of your own designs.

One day, Yog, when you're rich and famous from your art, I can admire your handiwork that sits in my lounge and say, "I know him. As much as you know strangers on the internet, but I know him." :)