NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep no worries CG, keep me posted.  Strangely I've never really done a top 3 albums.  I know my favourite, but never gone beyond that.  It's Adore by Smashing Pumpkins btw :)

I think you mean LG!! I'll let you off though :)

My top 3 albums usually changes into top 5 when I start to list them, but LTL is always up there, along with Pearl Jam's Ten, NIN Pretty Hate Machine, and Morrissey's Viva Hate. But then I remember others I'd like to include and we get into a top ten.... It is difficult!! 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I think you mean LG!! I'll let you off though :)

My top 3 albums usually changes into top 5 when I start to list them, but LTL is always up there, along with Pearl Jam's Ten, NIN Pretty Hate Machine, and Morrissey's Viva Hate. But then I remember others I'd like to include and we get into a top ten.... It is difficult!! 

Feel free to downvote me :( 

Hello lovely peeps, glad you're all enjoying the gorgeous weather, though I was wilting a bit when it reached 32 degrees here. @Milky Joe I can't imagine how you're surviving in Qatar.  @Scruffylovemonster and @djdavejohnson I hope you get your hols sorted,  @lucyginger hope your crunchy bits heal soon. @Quark good that you sound really happy at the moment. @Funkyfairy! I am sooo jealous of you being able to go to the beach straight from work.  I'd spend the whole summer bodyboarding if I could, even though I'm pretty rubbish at it.  Unfortunately I live as far from the sea as it's possible to get in this country.  

Took my bestie for her first 'proper' festival (well Latitude, so it nearly counts).  We were only there for the Saturday but she's still not back on planet earth yet.  Without family in tow we could get near the front for a change, and John Grant was just wonderful. Daughter and Churches also fab.   Because all the stages are so close together it was perfect for a day visit and we caught bits of Frightened Rabbit's set,  DMA's,  Samaris, Submotion Orchestra and Kurt Vile.  We stayed in a great 16th century hotel with (just about) 20th century plumbing and a bar which was still open at 2 am.  While the owner was trying to fix the bog in my room (at least I'd only had a pee in it before realising it wouldn't flush), I got talking to his son who was home from uni.  We were reminiscing about The Black Keys' set at Latitude in 2014 and he said "you've got really good taste in music for..."  - I finished his sentence "an old fart?!".  He swore that's not what he was thinking but when we were settling the bill his dad said his son had been hugely impressed that having (mostly) got our kids sorted we were going to festivals (presumably rather than going on coach trips and visiting National Trust properties!). Oh well... Before coming home we went to  Southwold and found a beach hut named 'Thelma and Louise'.  Fortunately our road trip had a happier ending! 

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not quoting that huge post but finbarr for healing crunchy bits!

I thank you!  Just trying to make up for my lack of posts lately.  I think my friend's been bitten by the festival bug.  I got bitten by ants instead. Still scratching.

Sounds lovely @dizzymoo, decent selection of bands and a hotel, what's not to like? Glad your friend enjoyed it, always something nice about other people's first experiences of things you've done before. And yes, feeling particularly buoyant at the moment!

Dates confirmed for Benicassim next year, and both new boss and Mrs Q have ok'd the block of time for both Glasto and Beni, so time to start saving!

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Had to come home and put on the live album from that 2011 tour @lucyginger and @Scruffylovemonster, buying that ticket today was definitely the right option! Taken straight back to Brixton Academy. And no Lucy, I can't stand still!!!

Ooh jealous of you seeing the, at Brixton! Although I'm quite pleased with myself for only ever seeing Carter USM at Brixton. 3 times, but still! 

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Damn straight.  Looks like @guypjfreak was right about not enough praising last year.  As soon as he starts posting pictures of sun gods the good old sun bloody appears! Happy days :)

fucking right old son ....you KNOW it

10 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely peeps, glad you're all enjoying the gorgeous weather, though I was wilting a bit when it reached 32 degrees here. @Milky Joe I can't imagine how you're surviving in Qatar.  @Scruffylovemonster and @djdavejohnson I hope you get your hols sorted,  @lucyginger hope your crunchy bits heal soon. @Quark good that you sound really happy at the moment. @Funkyfairy! I am sooo jealous of you being able to go to the beach straight from work.  I'd spend the whole summer bodyboarding if I could, even though I'm pretty rubbish at it.  Unfortunately I live as far from the sea as it's possible to get in this country.  

Took my bestie for her first 'proper' festival (well Latitude, so it nearly counts).  We were only there for the Saturday but she's still not back on planet earth yet.  Without family in tow we could get near the front for a change, and John Grant was just wonderful. Daughter and Churches also fab.   Because all the stages are so close together it was perfect for a day visit and we caught bits of Frightened Rabbit's set,  DMA's,  Samaris, Submotion Orchestra and Kurt Vile.  We stayed in a great 16th century hotel with (just about) 20th century plumbing and a bar which was still open at 2 am.  While the owner was trying to fix the bog in my room (at least I'd only had a pee in it before realising it wouldn't flush), I got talking to his son who was home from uni.  We were reminiscing about The Black Keys' set at Latitude in 2014 and he said "you've got really good taste in music for..."  - I finished his sentence "an old fart?!".  He swore that's not what he was thinking but when we were settling the bill his dad said his son had been hugely impressed that having (mostly) got our kids sorted we were going to festivals (presumably rather than going on coach trips and visiting National Trust properties!). Oh well... Before coming home we went to  Southwold and found a beach hut named 'Thelma and Louise'.  Fortunately our road trip had a happier ending! 

Thanks dizzymoo! It's going to be one of those things that rumbles on for a few weeks at least I reckon, but hey, we'll get something sorted one way or another!

Sounds like you had a great time at Latitude! You managed to catch some decent acts too! I've never been to Latitude myself, would you recommend? I've kind of put it as one of my back ups should the Glasto Gods not take mercy on me :)

9 hours ago, Quark said:

Sounds lovely @dizzymoo, decent selection of bands and a hotel, what's not to like? Glad your friend enjoyed it, always something nice about other people's first experiences of things you've done before. And yes, feeling particularly buoyant at the moment!

Dates confirmed for Benicassim next year, and both new boss and Mrs Q have ok'd the block of time for both Glasto and Beni, so time to start saving!

Exactly that! Took my partner's younger sister for her 18th to Glasto this year for her first time, she'd only been to one fest previously, Latitude the year before.

Seeing her face light up continuously throughout the weekend was a real joy. Only downside is that her mates have had to endure her telling them how amazing the place is, and now they all wanna go. I've already contemplated the dreaded scenario where they all get tickets, and me and my partner miss out. Reading that back that looks kinda selfish and I don't mean it to! I'd be happy for them, don't get me wrong, just majorly disappointed we would have missed out! I guess we'd feel like that anyway though if we missed out, I don't think the disappointment would be dependent on other people securing tickets. Actually now I've read that back one more time, I guess if we were going to miss out it'd make me happy if family/friends managed to secure their tickets. Just would wish I was there with them!

Well done on confirming the dates and good luck with the saving!

Jeez that post was longer than intended at such an early hour. Soz! :)