NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

31 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Ladies and Gents I'm off to Edinburgh Fringe in a couple of weeks time for the weekend. First time and I'm massively excited.

Never been but it's on my list!  Be interested to find out what you think of it when you're back Joey :)

48 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I thought on the whole the films did pretty well in translating what are enormous books. I think Orlando Bloom was surely only chosen for one reason and one reason only...

Now I loved the LOTR trilogy (I'm excluding the Hobbit for obvious reasons), and personally I quite liked Bloom as Legolas.  He can be a bit wooden, but with Elves being so aloof I thought that worked in his favour!

The key ones for me were always going to be the Balrog, the Ents, and Shelob, just to see how they translated onto screen.  And I thought they nailed all three :)

10 hours ago, mr gumby said:

We also had an evening of telly, but not films. We watched the latest episode of The Living And The Dead, which I can't quite make my mind up about. It's well acted, but odd

With you on that Gumby, but I do like the way the future (present?) keeps appearing.  I think if it was just a Victorian ghost story / monster of the week I'd have switched off quite early.

And love that pic @dizzymoo, perfectly pitched level of humour :)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, djdavejohnson said:

We were discussing baby DJ's, and I jokingly suggested we should plan the birth so that it doesn't coincide with the end of June. True Story.

If I'd started going to Glastonbury before having kids it would have been a consideration for me, assuming the, er, conception was likely to happen on schedule!  With #2 it all got a bit complicated and we were glad to have a birth to look forward to at all.

Hello! Love the tit pic!! Teehee!! 

We go to Skye in September, I am really rather excited. I want to see a pine marten! That's my aim! Mr Ginger is confirming the accommodation today, we will (hopefully) be staying in a wooden wigwam thing on an eco/permaculture site, it looks like the Greenfields, with compost loos and all! Brilliant! 

I can't get on with LOTR. Please don't hate me. 

4 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Oh and I went to the drs this morning about my Glastonbury Injury, my ribs are probably broken! No wonder it hurts still!! 

Yep, that would explain it!  If I remember correctly there's not much they can do for broken ribs is there?  Hope you feel better soon x

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep, that would explain it!  If I remember correctly there's not much they can do for broken ribs is there?  Hope you feel better soon x

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Jeez no wonder you are in so much pain!! And you managed Glastonbury! High five to you! 

Thanks! I hope it stops hurting soon! No, not a lot to be done. I've got a clunky shoulder and I am getting stabbing pains down my arm, the nurse said it's because the inflammation around the ribs is quite bad, and is catching a nerve. Ouch! I've got a prescription for more naproxen (it's wonderful! Really helps!) and I'm to go back in a month if it's no better, in which case I may need physio. 

She seemed impressed I'd done Glastonbury with it too, and agreed with Dr Ben's advise that drinking through it was the only thing to do!! 

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

Thanks! I hope it stops hurting soon! No, not a lot to be done. I've got a clunky shoulder and I am getting stabbing pains down my arm, the nurse said it's because the inflammation around the ribs is quite bad, and is catching a nerve. Ouch! I've got a prescription for more naproxen (it's wonderful! Really helps!) and I'm to go back in a month if it's no better, in which case I may need physio. 

She seemed impressed I'd done Glastonbury with it too, and agreed with Dr Ben's advise that drinking through it was the only thing to do!! 

I like your nurse!! Sound advice there. 

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

This isn't going to be popular:

Can we nix this thread please? We haven't had a dry one since these NFR NFC threads became an annual thing, and I think the weather gods may not like them.

download.jpg

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Now I loved the LOTR trilogy (I'm excluding the Hobbit for obvious reasons), and personally I quite liked Bloom as Legolas.  He can be a bit wooden, but with Elves being so aloof I thought that worked in his favour!

The key ones for me were always going to be the Balrog, the Ents, and Shelob, just to see how they translated onto screen.  And I thought they nailed all three :)

Hmm you may have a point there... plus nobody's more wooden (or robotic) than Keanu Reeves. Apart from The Matrix, where it kinda suits the character, I just can't get on with a film he's been cast in.

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

If I'd started going to Glastonbury before having kids it would have been a consideration for me, assuming the, er, conception was likely to happen on schedule!  With #2 it all got a bit complicated and we were glad to have a birth to look forward to at all.

Indeed, it was all hypothetical talk based on things happening when they're supposed to. I wish GFHQ would hurry and definitely confirm the next fallow year. It's affecting some key life decisions!

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! Love the tit pic!! Teehee!! 

We go to Skye in September, I am really rather excited. I want to see a pine marten! That's my aim! Mr Ginger is confirming the accommodation today, we will (hopefully) be staying in a wooden wigwam thing on an eco/permaculture site, it looks like the Greenfields, with compost loos and all! Brilliant! 

I can't get on with LOTR. Please don't hate me. 

Sounds awesome Lucy, something to look forward to :)

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Oh and I went to the drs this morning about my Glastonbury Injury, my ribs are probably broken! No wonder it hurts still!! 

Ouch! I've fractured ribs previously through a squash injury - I feel your pain :(

They will get better though, they just sometimes take a wee while. Are you still getting pain when you inhale?

Morning all

Exciting day - the sun is out again :-) and we have a works do tonight, and theyve decided to do something different (I always swerve stuffy works outings), but its in a field, bands, tents, a free rum tent, yoga, charity fancy dress stalls etc .... yeah yeah yeah thats more like it, and totally up my street

Got to collect our wristbands for it later, and they have flags and tents printed on them apparently

In other news, a few weeks ago a friend and I were approached to do a little photoshoot for a local festival (ha ha I think they wanted to have a wide range of people in the photo's and we represent the middle aged festival goers) , not seen the photos yet, but the guy who did the photo's and we spent an hour with in his studio has just released the photos he did for Prince Georges 3rd birthday... I can now say I've  been potographed by a Royal photographer ... ha ha - lets see if he can get me looking half decent :-)

Today is an exciting day --- dancing a happy dance :-)

48 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Sounds awesome Lucy, something to look forward to :)

Ouch! I've fractured ribs previously through a squash injury - I feel your pain :(

They will get better though, they just sometimes take a wee while. Are you still getting pain when you inhale?

Yes, very excited about the holiday!! :)

It does still hurt when I inhale, which is a bit annoying as I am singing in a concert in just over 2 weeks!! I will have to be careful with my long notes!! Ouch! 

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If I remember rightly, the phrase "NFR NFC" was coined in the summer of 2010, just as the Azores Finger thrust up into Somerset.

Ah ok, and then it was everyone's fault we got 2011 as a w** one because they couldn't handle the heat!!! 

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yes, very excited about the holiday!! :)

It does still hurt when I inhale, which is a bit annoying as I am singing in a concert in just over 2 weeks!! I will have to be careful with my long notes!! Ouch! 

Yes try to be careful with the long notes! Hopefully another couple of weeks healing will put you in good stead :)

15 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Yes try to be careful with the long notes! Hopefully another couple of weeks healing will put you in good stead :)

I will, thanks! Yes I hope so too, I'm out tomorrow night but got a quiet week and nothing next weekend so will hopefully be ok!