NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Morning folks, looks like the sun has finally shown up and you all get the chance to enjoy a bit of it. Talking of scorchers by the way, it hit 51 degrees here yesterday!:blink: that's not a typo either. Scorcher isn't the word I used when I had to go out and work in it!

Presumably you mean 10 celcius.  That's the only explanation!

Morning all! Wow it's lovely isn't it? :)

I have a sore shoulder at the mo, my ribs still hurt and I think my shoulder is hurting because of that and how I have been holding myself (No finbarr intended, but you can have it if you want it!) 

So my shoulder on the bad rib side is really sore, crunchy, it hurts all down into my arm to my elbow, and up to my neck. I'm rolling it and trying to relax it but by jeepers it's so uncomfortable! I can't sit still it hurts so much!! ARGHHH! 

Ooh I've just remembered I've got a cider in the fridge at home, that's my after work chill out sorted! 

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

I have a sore shoulder at the mo, my ribs still hurt and I think my shoulder is hurting because of that and how I have been holding myself (No finbarr intended, but you can have it if you want it!) 

So my shoulder on the bad rib side is really sore, crunchy, it hurts all down into my arm to my elbow, and up to my neck. I'm rolling it and trying to relax it but by jeepers it's so uncomfortable! I can't sit still it hurts so much!! ARGHHH! 

Ooh I've just remembered I've got a cider in the fridge at home, that's my after work chill out sorted! 

Sounds like you really did a number on yourself when you fell on that barrow Lucy :(

Have you been to physio or anything?

Just now, Quark said:

Sounds like you really did a number on yourself when you fell on that barrow Lucy :(

Have you been to physio or anything?

I think I did, yes! 

No not been to see anyone, have seen a couple of dr friends, and Mr Ginger is good with muscley/physio type things as he does a lot of taichi type things and knows what muscle does what etc. It seems to be that I think it's getting better, then another bit of it gets painful! I don't want to bother my GP as I don't think anything can be done really! 

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Apparently he's on secondment to Sauron in the admin section of Mount Doom.  That's the only explanation.

Even the fiery depths of Mount Doom would be a welcome release from this shit!

13 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Wow, that is bloody hot! Where are you working? What do you do?

I'm out in Qatar in the Middle East working on a Deep Sea Diving Vessel Dave. You'd think with all the praying these lot do, you'd have thought their god would have given them a more hospitable climate to live in!

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Oh dear Lucy that doesn't sound good :( It seems shoulder issues take a while to heal up. Mine has been crunching since the fest too, not necessarily hurting as such but still crunching.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Even the fiery depths of Mount Doom would be a welcome release from this shit!

I'm out in Qatar in the Middle East working on a Deep Sea Diving Vessel Dave. You'd think with all the praying these lot do, you'd have thought their god would have given them a more hospitable climate to live in!

Ha you would think! Your job sounds very interesting mind :)

45 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Good good mate. Emailing hotel today as Mr Lewis says some hotels are saying it's fine, but get it in writing so gonna email and see what comes back. Have messaged bank to claim back on "charge card scheme" so waiting on reply. Once I get both the emails I'll see if I think I need to try via that Spanish website too

Sounds like a plan Scruff. What a palava though! We're doing the 'charge card scheme' too, awaiting the bank to send out a claim form. As you need to get together literally every trace of evidence imaginable it seems, will likely duplicate what's on there and then address that to the Spanish scheme and the company administrators.

41 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Where to start with this post? 

Doing it to yourself?

Positions?

Wrestling with shame? (I wrestle with my shame every time Mrs Scruff is away). 

Has there ever been so many finbarrs in one post. 

(And just to clarify, Dave: Deliberate Finbarrs (aka self-finbarring) don't count in my rules, though others disagree). 

Ha only one of them was actually intentional... doh!

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agreed.  We have our pride.

Noted! Must always try my best to retain pride...

Edited by djdavejohnson

39 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

With regards to War on Drugs, I'd recommend starting with lost in the dream. If you like that, work bakwards, but there last record is the best IMO. 

2 minutes into Under The Pressure.  Sold already.

Shoulders are so tough to heal, I've never had problems with mine, thank goodness until a ski accident in march. Pre that I was doing yoga, handstands at the gym, and had pretty flexible and tough shoulders. One fall (and buy did it hurt) and I'm still in pain now, especially at night. Had a steroid injection into it the week before Glasto that made no difference, and now having physio, apparently that shoulder, although its my dominant arm is 40% weaker than the other one... apparently I have calcification of the muscle/tendon (I have no idea what) - just need to keep doing with the strength stuff now to try to build it back up again ... ggrrrrrrr -- they are a complicated piece of the anatomy aren;t they :-)

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ace live too. They were so loud on the pyramid other year. While everyone was getting crushed at Blondie, the smart people were letting that sound wash over them.

First time I've been glad I missed 2014.  Would have been gutted if I'd missed them through ignorance as a result of watching something else, but not being there I can cope with!

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Wondered where that was going for a minute, Gumby. Thought you were gonna tell us you were explaining Finbarr to your young'un for a moment. :D

Well, he's already sniggering at fart jokes, so he's in training, but Finbarrs are a few years away yet! 

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ace live too. They were so loud on the pyramid other year. While everyone was getting crushed at Blondie, the smart people were letting that sound wash over them.

I actually started at Blondie. It was a tough choice, but I thought there was more chance of TWOD appearing again. Within 10 minutes I was regretting it, what with massive overcrowding, rubbish sound, and crap atmosphere (thanks largely to the 'don't you dare step on my picnic blanket' brigade). I managed to squeeze my way out of the Other stage field and round to Pyramid for about half of War On Drugs. Like you say, seriously loud, and a great atmosphere! 

Finished Lost In The Dream, and LOVE IT!!!  Great recommendation Scruff.

In other happy news, got my ticket for Levellers 25th Anniversary Levelling The Land tour in Portsmouth, support from Ferocious Dog.  Decided against tapping up any friends for it, just going to drive down there on my tod, go f*cking nuts for a couple of hours, and drive home sweaty and exhausted and happy :yahoo:

Saw the 20th tour in 2011 with a group of us, supported by Wonder Stuff, and it was only right at the end that I ditched them and surged to the front.  Not this time.  Using this as a test platform for my solo Glastonbury plans :)

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I went to that 20th Anniversary tour in Leeds. Was ace. Stuffies were great too. Not sure I'd be bothered about doing the same gig again!. Would go see Levellers again as they're always great but doing an album gig every 5 years is taking the piss a bit I reckon. May as well be ocean colour scene if you're gonna do that. 

I'll not lie, the thought did cross my mind - been debating whether to buy a ticket or not.  But then I thought that (a) I really didn't get the most out of the '11 gig for reasons explained, (b) Ferocious Dog are on my 'to see' list (missed them at Leftfield this year and only caught 10 minutes at Bimble Inn last year), and (c) it's physically impossible for me not to enjoy a Levellers gig!

I'm going to that tour, but the Bournemouth date! I considered Pompey as I am in the middle of both. I *may* be in a choir concert on the B'mouth date now, f so, I'll see if I can get a Pompey ticket and if you don't mind, I'll meet you there! 

I also saw the 20th anniv tour. It was great. Levelling The Land is in my top 3 albums of all time still. You can't sit still to it! 

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

(c) is a very good point. Plus you're guaranteed to get beanfield, riverflow, 15 years and another man's cause. Not sure they ever play the latter otherwise. 

Worth the entrance fee for those 4. Assuming they do the B-sides you get Devil Went Down to Georgia as well, plus the likely encore of Dirty Davey and Cholera Well.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

38 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I'm going to that tour, but the Bournemouth date! I considered Pompey as I am in the middle of both. I *may* be in a choir concert on the B'mouth date now, f so, I'll see if I can get a Pompey ticket and if you don't mind, I'll meet you there! 

I also saw the 20th anniv tour. It was great. Levelling The Land is in my top 3 albums of all time still. You can't sit still to it! 

Yep no worries CG, keep me posted.  Strangely I've never really done a top 3 albums.  I know my favourite, but never gone beyond that.  It's Adore by Smashing Pumpkins btw :)

34 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Is this acceptable to give my first Finbarr?! Finbarr x 3!

So proud!