NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

I'll finish by saying morning all! 

Looks like we may just about cling onto the decent weather for another day today here in Essex, thunderstorms predicted to hit around 6pm. I'm braving shorts and flip-flops to work therefore I hope the predictions are correct, otherwise my walk home through the country park will be a tad wet and muddy. Hmm, sounds all too familiar!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning one and all

yeah, bucket list moment done, left work last night, straight to the beach, swim, body board, swim, salad on the beach, read book. And watched the sun go down into the sea , no shivering, no jumper, got home in the dark and was still 27 degrees. Was officially the hottest July day ever here yesterday, at 34.9 degrees. We get the sun bug the sea air can keep the temperatures a degree cooler than packed cities .... Twas stunning stunning stunning,

seems to have cooled down overnight , without any thunderstorms and it looks another belting one

im feeling for anyone that hates the heat, I truely am... But as a lizard I'm loving it :-)

have a wonderful day

ff

xx

36 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

yeah, bucket list moment done, left work last night, straight to the beach, swim, body board, swim, salad on the beach, read book. And watched the sun go down into the sea , no shivering, no jumper, got home in the dark and was still 27 degrees. Was officially the hottest July day ever here yesterday, at 34.9 degrees. We get the sun bug the sea air can keep the temperatures a degree cooler than packed cities .... Twas stunning stunning stunning,

Sounds just about perfect FF, cracking way to spend an evening.

Mine was 2 hours of running in the sun for our first pre-season training session at the rugby club, so I'll confess I may have been a little less complimentary about the temperature!  But, you know, NRF NFC and all that! :sungum:

Stuck in 4 hours of training webinars today.  Only so much fun one man can handle!

9 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Thanks dizzymoo! It's going to be one of those things that rumbles on for a few weeks at least I reckon, but hey, we'll get something sorted one way or another!

Sounds like you had a great time at Latitude! You managed to catch some decent acts too! I've never been to Latitude myself, would you recommend? I've kind of put it as one of my back ups should the Glasto Gods not take mercy on me :)

I'd definitely recommend Latitude. Although it's more genteel than Glastonbury and doesn't have the special vibe (I'm guessing that nowhere does),  there's always a good line-up and the comedy is probably better than Glasto.  The sandy soil means the ground's barely affected by rain, and everything is within reach.  Bogs are clean too.  Downers are that some phone networks don't work (EE seemed sorted at last this year but Vodafone still had no signal),  you can't take alcohol into the arena (or umbrellas, weirdly, even though you can buy them in the arena),  and there's no partying through the night inside the arena as it closes at 3am.  There's only the odd whiff of weed so you're unlikely to be bonding with fellow festival goers over a spliff/joint/camberwell carrot or whatever the young call one these days,  although I'm sure a lot's consumed in the camping areas.  But I would happily go there as a back up if the ticket gods were not kind.

Wonderful that you've introduced your partner's sister to the delight of Glastonbury.  TBH I'm not altruistic enough to be pleased if someone else gets tickets and I don't!

32 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I'd definitely recommend Latitude. Although it's more genteel than Glastonbury and doesn't have the special vibe (I'm guessing that nowhere does),  there's always a good line-up and the comedy is probably better than Glasto.  The sandy soil means the ground's barely affected by rain, and everything is within reach.  Bogs are clean too.  Downers are that some phone networks don't work (EE seemed sorted at last this year but Vodafone still had no signal),  you can't take alcohol into the arena (or umbrellas, weirdly, even though you can buy them in the arena),  and there's no partying through the night inside the arena as it closes at 3am.  There's only the odd whiff of weed so you're unlikely to be bonding with fellow festival goers over a spliff/joint/camberwell carrot or whatever the young call one these days,  although I'm sure a lot's consumed in the camping areas.  But I would happily go there as a back up if the ticket gods were not kind.

Wonderful that you've introduced your partner's sister to the delight of Glastonbury.  TBH I'm not altruistic enough to be pleased if someone else gets tickets and I don't!

Well there's definitely a lot of plus points there so may give it a go one year :) Any other fest I've been too has never matched Glasto for its vibe and I too guess that nowhere does - but if fun can be had elsewhere when required then I'm all for it. Boomtown is also on that list so may have to do both in the same year to try and compensate if I ever do have to miss out being at the farm!

Ha you may have a point there, I may well have been saying that through gritted teeth!

Hey lovelies. Has any of you been to Baggy Mondays at Glastonbury? I've been told they're on at Kendall and I'm wondering what it is!

Dizzy that was some impressive Finbarrs there! Well done haha! 

DJ I certainly wouldn't be happy for my mates if they got tickets and I didn't!! The green eyed monster would be well and truly out! You're obviously a better person than I 

Just now, Curlygirl said:

Hey lovelies. Has any of you been to Baggy Mondays at Glastonbury? I've been told they're on at Kendall and I'm wondering what it is!

DJ I certainly wouldn't be happy for my mates if they got tickets and I didn't!! The green eyed monster would be well and truly out! You're obviously a better person than I 

Baggy Mondays is essentially a 90s indie disco.  depending on your opinion of that genre it's either great, or otherwise.  good for a drunken sing song i reckon.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Baggy Mondays is essentially a 90s indie disco.  depending on your opinion of that genre it's either great, or otherwise.  good for a drunken sing song i reckon.

Ok... :D cheers for that Yeti. I suppose it will depend how tipsy I am! 

24 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

23 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I went this year and had a great time. Always rammed mind. I like the genre AND was a wee bit tipsy, so great fun was had.

Curlygirl I wouldn't go that far! I'd certainly be absolutely gutted. Shuddering at the thought!

Baggy Mondays always a giggle CG, but yes it's basically a 90s indie disco. Always good for a banging tune or two, goes well with cider!

I have to say that after the slog to get down on the train on the Thursday, I Am The Resurrection with the sunset breaking through the clouds was top dollar!

Morning all! 

I've never made it to Baggy Mondays, one year I went and it was rammed so I went and sat up the hill at the back of the park with a couple of chums. Other years I've either forgotten about it or been somewhere else! I will make it one year hopefully! 

Great finbarrs earlier by the way, really very good :) 

Is it the weekend yet?