Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/zilker-park-austin-tx-5bfd2b20.html

The Gloaming rears its ugly head again, but Weird Fishes, All I Need, Bodysnatchers, Nude and Reckoner all in the same set? :o And Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees and Pyramid Song! That's my favourite setlist yet.

Aye that's a pretty amazing setlist. They better not be fools when they play Glastonbury and throw in Feral or another total waste of a song

It's really worrying me how confident people are that they're going to be playing Glastonbury. We basically don't know, do we? Let's be honest. 

Do not get me wrong. I'll be as happy as anyone on here (if I get tickets tomorrow) if they're announced. I suppose I like to be pessimistic so it's less of a blow if/when they aren't announced!

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

It's really worrying me how confident people are that they're going to be playing Glastonbury. We basically don't know, do we? Let's be honest. 

Do not get me wrong. I'll be as happy as anyone on here (if I get tickets tomorrow) if they're announced. I suppose I like to be pessimistic so it's less of a blow if/when they aren't announced!

Neil heard from a well placed source that they are headlining along with Stone Roses, although I guess that could have changed. Just seems very likely at this point and I think all the noise around them playing this past year was likely referring to next year. That, or perhaps they were down to headline 2016 if one of Muse Coldplay or Adele dropped out, or else they would just headline 2017.

Just now, jparx said:

Neil heard from a well placed source that they are headlining along with Stone Roses, although I guess that could have changed. Just seems very likely at this point and I think all the noise around them playing this past year was likely referring to next year. That, or perhaps they were down to headline 2016 if one of Muse Coldplay or Adele dropped out, or else they would just headline 2017.

Hope to God it's true. Even if I don't get tickets I'd want it to happen. I know how much it means. I'd be utterly mortified. But I've had a savage (and I mean savage) Glastonbury horror story in the past. If I can get over that, I'll get over this! (Tree)fingers crossed anyway :D

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Feral and Gloaming are gosh damn great tracks. If y'all honestly shit on those and rave about Fake Plastic Trees being in the set just put both hands in the toaster asap.

I agree, Feral looks amazing live too. Would love to see it at some point. Unexpectedly, works amazingly well with Hunting Bears leading into it..

Like ive said many a time, I don't particularly dislike Feral, The Gloaming or a few others I often give stick to. I'd just much rather they weren't taking up a place in the setlist that could go to something brilliant. Feral I can get behind cause they don't play it too often and I haven't seen it live and it looks pretty awesome, but The Gloaming needs to do one, if only to make room for another HTTT track (hello Where I End and You Begin)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Like ive said many a time, I don't particularly dislike Feral, The Gloaming or a few others I often give stick to. I'd just much rather they weren't taking up a place in the setlist that could go to something brilliant. Feral I can get behind cause they don't play it too often and I haven't seen it live and it looks pretty awesome, but The Gloaming needs to do one, if only to make room for another HTTT track (hello Where I End and You Begin)

Yup...

I thought some Radiohead fans might like to hear this cover of House Of Cards by Flyte. 

A few months back I posted their cover of Arcade Fire's Sprawl which went down rather well on here too so thought I would share again along with their cover of Marry Me Archie by Alvvays. Absolutely incredible harmonies on all 3 covers. 

Their original material is also brilliant with their debut album due to come out at some point over the next few months. Without doubt my favourite band of the moment. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

I agree, Feral looks amazing live too. Would love to see it at some point. Unexpectedly, works amazingly well with Hunting Bears leading into it..

Yup it's a solid groover when it gets going. Hunting Bears bridging it from the previous song is pretty dope.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I guess in that sense I'd rather certain HTTT songs than The Gloaming and it doesn't do a lot for me on record (it's aight) but live with the backing vocals and stuff it's got a pretty cool sinister feel - despite often being a jarring shift in tempo. Plus Thom seems to enjoy himself. I think if it was a more of a rarity then it'd be wider appreciated.

I agree with Mash that Myxomatosis should be a staple (pretty much) instead. Was amazing live in 2012.

Anyway, will be very interesting to see what Ed says tomorrow about Glastonbury, even if he doesn't really confirm or deny. I remember around now last year we got that Matty Bellerz interview with Zane where they chatted Glasto and lots on here thought it was indicative of them playing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I agree with Mash that Myxomatosis should be a staple (pretty much) instead. Was amazing live in 2012.

Anyway, will be very interesting to see what Ed says tomorrow about Glastonbury, even if he doesn't really confirm or deny. I remember around now last year we got that Matty Bellerz interview with Zane where they chatted Glasto and lots on here thought it was indicative of them playing.

Glastonbury 2017 seems like an odd topic, and even odder one to advertise ahead of the show, if they aren't actually headlining. I highly doubt Ed will confirm anything, but it could still be very telling.

The interview looks like it'll be ace anyway so I'll definitely be listening. Ed is a really sound bloke.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury 2017 seems like an odd topic, and even odder one to advertise ahead of the show, if they aren't actually headlining. I highly doubt Ed will confirm anything, but it could still be very telling.

The interview looks like it'll be ace anyway so I'll definitely be listening. Ed is a really sound bloke.

Phil's doing the show after too. It's prerecorded though so it'll just be for listening pleasure rather than Glasto info.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

I thought some Radiohead fans might like to hear this cover of House Of Cards by Flyte. 

A few months back I posted their cover of Arcade Fire's Sprawl which went down rather well on here too so thought I would share again along with their cover of Marry Me Archie by Alvvays. Absolutely incredible harmonies on all 3 covers. 

Their original material is also brilliant with their debut album due to come out at some point over the next few months. Without doubt my favourite band of the moment. 

I saw this post and thought "I can't fucking stand Radiohead covers, they're all awful. Especially that earnest acapella shit"

Then I saw who it was by, and realised I was thinking bullshit. 

That was quite wonderful, thank you. Here's hoping we run into them in a random small tent next June.

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Most underrated member of the band IMHO. It's pretty hard to make an impact as a rhythm guitarist when your singer orginates most of the songs and plays shit loads of guitar.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Phil's doing the show after too. It's prerecorded though so it'll just be for listening pleasure rather than Glasto info.

Wall to wall Radiohead on 6music the day tickets are on sale? Damn this is painful. 

Edited by jparx