Feels so weird to not be there!

siweltrebor

This forum, along with seeing everyone on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and friends stories is truly making me feel part of it even though I'm not there. This is one of the times I'm grateful for social media! It's making me all warm and fuzzy inside seeing it all. Maybe that's the vodka I'm drinking to drown my sorrows. Who knows. :lol:

I'm in a weird in between place:

I'm not getting on site until 8am Friday morning yet our group were on site at 7am, set by 8am and currently having a great time, while I sit here watching telly!!!

Odd. But I totally appreciate I'm getting to go still.

Yep, not got tickets myself this year, can't complain though, I've had a good run since 1995, only a couple of ticketless  years.  

On holiday on purpose to miss all the media coverage as it's too painful not to be at the farm. Been on  these forums non-stop though. 

Big love to all those there and going, and all those not there.

Have a blinder. This lizard will see you next year come what may.

No tickets either, so I'm sitting it out as well.

Oddly I'm feeling rather excited about it all though. If I fail to get tickets again I think I'll book the time off anyway so I can get fully immersed in it and crack a few beers. :)

5 minutes ago, musky said:

No tickets either, so I'm sitting it out as well.

Oddly I'm feeling rather excited about it all though. If I fail to get tickets again I think I'll book the time off anyway so I can get fully immersed in it and crack a few beers. :)

Three festivals in the last 21 years is three too many.  Next year all stops will be pulled out, oxfam stewarding, bar work, toilets, whatever it takes, I can't not be there.

When it's in the blood it's impossible not to get excited when in this very special week. And depressed. But also ok with it (not being there) all at the same time.  It's the oddest mix of emotions you won't feel any other time. It's now thundering and hosing it down here in SE London so I'm back to ok with not going. Hope all there have an awesome time though. 

Been to the last three in a row so fair doo's I missed out this year,I want to be there but those traffic reports and that campervan thread,I wouldn't wish that on anyone sounds horrendous but I know that when I see Mr Bluesky on the telly I will be watching completely gutted that I'm not there

I do hope the weather holds up I've been following the thread avidly going through the highs and lows

Good luck everyone,fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

We're at home with our 6 week old baby. Next year he'll get to spend a week at Nanna's while we party! Happy to miss it this year for the boy, looking forward to watching it on TV and telling him all about it! 

My baby is 11 weeks, and she will be also spending a great week with nanny this time next year! haha. 

Couldn't go because I can't afford two trips to the UK in a year and the other half wants a wintry Christmas. She's currently realising what I sacrificed for her. But I'm watching it on the webcam and following things through eFests. It's a small way of feeling slightly part of it. 

If I'm lucky in October, il be very tempted to book next year's flights then and there. 

7 hours ago, Tyonks said:

My baby is 11 weeks, and she will be also spending a great week with nanny this time next year! haha. 

We were asked if we were going to take the boy with us next year. Erm no! Might try something smaller like Camp Bestival with him but Glasto is our time next year! 

Also didn't get a ticket this year. I am off from work watching the football, no footie now until the weekend so will be reading posts on here and on Twitter and watching over the weekend. Yeah it's weird feeling not being there and being off from work, though reading about all the hassle with the traffic and the site i am a tad relieved not to have had to endure it. I am however slightly appeased in the knowledge that i have ETOR too go to in September .

Have fun all and i hope that you miss the bad weather as i know after the last 6 years straight ( i've had a good run ) that it can get messy!

I'm also not there, first time since 2009, although me and the wife didn't try for tickets this year as we put the money into a loft extension so the kids have separate bedrooms. We've got Latitude Festival as a family in 3 weeks time as well.

I actually thought Id be a mess not going but I'm handling it very well, its surprisingly the wife who is struggling and already proclaiming we cant ever miss another year and have to go next year. Its funny as other years previous I've pushed for us to go and she hasn't been 100% but still said yes, now she's not going to one the realisation has set in how much she loves the full thing, the lead up to it, organising ect.