The state of the ground

Sawdusty surfer

Arrived at 4.30pm. Blue and purple car parks passable with great care but very muddy. Route to Ped Gate B is sloppy, thick, slippery mud. If I'm honest I can't see it drying up for Wednesday morning, but we did get sack trucks through easily enough, although of course they're filthy.

Inside the site, camping is fine.

I'm in walking boots, not wellies, and it's ok - probs should have put my gaiters in as my leggings are filthy, but it's all good.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Arrived at 4.30pm. Blue and purple car parks passable with great care but very muddy. Route to Ped Gate B is sloppy, thick, slippery mud. If I'm honest I can't see it drying up for Wednesday morning, but we did get sack trucks through easily enough, although of course they're filthy.

Inside the site, camping is fine.

I'm in walking boots, not wellies, and it's ok - probs should have put my gaiters in as my leggings are filthy, but it's all good.

Best thing I've read all day. 

18 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Does anybody know as to the current state of Bushey ground?. Myself and my friends have never camped in that particular spot so am wondering how it holds up in these particular situations?.

camped there several times in bushy ground/rivermead and never had trouble with mud there

We usually go in through gate D and follow the steel tracks to The middle/top bit of Dairy (the original Dairy, now Paines if seems) just up from the lock up.  2011 was OK to make this trip so I'm not tooooo scared.  Just a bit worried about the hill up to the gate D maze and the rumours of Dairy being saturated.  Fingers crossed!

15 minutes ago, psydersuze said:

Just been for walkabout ... This is a back stage camp behind SilverHayes ... But this is the reality of people traffic from camp to work ... It hasnt rained for hours, and the sun is out now :) so fingers crossed for drying out 

IMG_20160620_195026.jpg

If we have no more rain, with ground like that, we'll be fine! :D