Neighbour has our tickets

Staitey

1 hour ago, ZoomZoom said:

as parsonjack said for every one genuine person there will be one who is trying to pull a fast one, look at this scenario

1 enter wrong address but make sure it is someone you know and you will get your tickets from them when delivered

2 Tell every one you have made a mistake and you didn't get the tickets

3 join a forum and post woe is me numerous times and try get people to join you in harassing GLF until they give you more tickets

4 receive extra tickets

5 sell/give extra tickets to mates who get into the festival

6 GLF then goes over the maximum number of people allowed site and the festival has it's licence cancelled

7 NO MORE GLASTONBURY

you happy now you selfish B****D

ZoomZoom, ever thought of an editorial job on the Daily Mail? 

You're a one man angry mob.

Get a grip.

3 hours ago, ZoomZoom said:

as parsonjack said for every one genuine person there will be one who is trying to pull a fast one, look at this scenario

1 enter wrong address but make sure it is someone you know and you will get your tickets from them when delivered

3 join a forum and post woe is me numerous times and try get people to join you in harassing GLF until they give you more tickets

4 receive extra tickets

6 GLF then goes over the maximum number of people allowed site and the festival has it's licence cancelled

7 NO MORE GLASTONBURY

Yeah, it really isn't that simple you donut.

I'd always play entirely ignorant with stuff like this. Contact See saying you didn't get the tickets, they'll then say they were signed for and you can say not by you... although in this case they'd end up sending replacements to the same address which doesn't help.

But I've had issues before with things going missing and there's a note they might have been delivered to a neighbour or left somewhere and they're not there... and it's not worth the hassle to try and solve it yourself, just go with the "I don't have them" and let them handle it. Once you try and compromise or be helpful or investigate yourself that just gets used as evidence that it's your fault and no longer their problem.

Maybe the postie saw they were mis-addressed and signed for them himself and pocketed them. Probably not. But they can never know that for sure until you tell them "oh it was the neighbour's signature".

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

I'd always play entirely ignorant with stuff like this. Contact See saying you didn't get the tickets, they'll then say they were signed for and you can say not by you... although in this case they'd end up sending replacements to the same address which doesn't help.

But I've had issues before with things going missing and there's a note they might have been delivered to a neighbour or left somewhere and they're not there... and it's not worth the hassle to try and solve it yourself, just go with the "I don't have them" and let them handle it. Once you try and compromise or be helpful or investigate yourself that just gets used as evidence that it's your fault and no longer their problem.

Maybe the postie saw they were mis-addressed and signed for them himself and pocketed them. Probably not. But they can never know that for sure until you tell them "oh it was the neighbour's signature".

I've been following this thread with all the hope the tickets have turned up. So, from what i have read, I think it might be a bit too late for this tactic. I'm pretty sure they have explained honestly what has happened to see. Useful for the future though, it might have got a better response?? :) 

12 hours ago, ZoomZoom said:

4 receive extra tickets

7 NO MORE GLASTONBURY

you're being rather unpleasant to these unfortunate people - not the Glastonbury spirit. 

UPDATE:

Royal Mail has said if they got a return to sender letter which was tracked it would go back as first class.

SeeTickets have not replied to us, so we are unsure of the process and how long it would take if the letter was sent back to them.

Glastonbury Festival has probably been the least helpful in helping us, my guess is that some other company is handling this for them with a script to follow.

10 minutes ago, WallaceHigh said:

Have you gone through the bins covered in sauce yet?

Yes, the neighbour and I went through them together. He did also have a clean bag with all his letter which had no one else's name on apart from their own so I suspect it is possible he sent them back to sender last week... We will see.

GF are giving us no chances via email. We asked to speak to someone else but they ignored the question.

Edited by Staitey

Last year my friend lost his ticket in the campervan fields before we'd even gone in. An hour at the enquiries cabin (along with a queue of around 15 people who'd done the same!) and he was in. They properly interrogate dhim and asked all sorts of questions about landmarks up his road whilst crosschecking on google streetview etc. By all accounts, everyone else in the queue got a replacement ticket too. You're telling the truth and they will see that and your story will stand up to any questioning. 100% turn up and have a go if the tickets don't turn up. I'm 99% sure you'll get in. They have to take this official stance on email at the moment, so don't let that put you off. Quite the different story when you're there and they are looking at your picture on the screen with you standing in front of them!

1 hour ago, Nick S said:

Last year my friend lost his ticket in the campervan fields before we'd even gone in. An hour at the enquiries cabin (along with a queue of around 15 people who'd done the same!) and he was in. They properly interrogate dhim and asked all sorts of questions about landmarks up his road whilst crosschecking on google streetview etc. By all accounts, everyone else in the queue got a replacement ticket too. You're telling the truth and they will see that and your story will stand up to any questioning. 100% turn up and have a go if the tickets don't turn up. I'm 99% sure you'll get in. They have to take this official stance on email at the moment, so don't let that put you off. Quite the different story when you're there and they are looking at your picture on the screen with you standing in front of them!

This has filled me with more confidence Nick, I really appreciate your comments. I know there is still a chance of being refused but we would be stupid not to try.

21 hours ago, Staitey said:

UPDATE:

Royal Mail has said if they got a return to sender letter which was tracked it would go back as first class.

SeeTickets have not replied to us, so we are unsure of the process and how long it would take if the letter was sent back to them.

Glastonbury Festival has probably been the least helpful in helping us, my guess is that some other company is handling this for them with a script to follow.

I've got the direct number for someone in the see tickets customer relations dept if you want it?

Just now, Stooonami said:

I've got the direct number for someone in the see tickets customer relations dept if you want it?

That would help so much, they are very difficult to get hold of over the phone although I did have a nice guy answer the Glastonbury See Tickets helpline last night.

3 minutes ago, Staitey said:

That would help so much, they are very difficult to get hold of over the phone although I did have a nice guy answer the Glastonbury See Tickets helpline last night.

I can't believe they don't have some sort of mechanism to replace any lost tickets. 

That's truly bizarre. Even at this late stage they could cancel yours and ask you to just pick them up at an office on site with ID etc.

26 minutes ago, Stooonami said:

I can't believe they don't have some sort of mechanism to replace any lost tickets. 

That's truly bizarre. Even at this late stage they could cancel yours and ask you to just pick them up at an office on site with ID etc.

There is no mechanism to cancel issued tickets as the infrastructure to do this does not exist at the festival site.

To do this would require each entry/exit point to be connected to a central database to check each and every ticket, the cost of such a system could not be justified for a large rural site used for one event each year. It would also slow down the already problematic queuing to get onto the site.

The present system uses a signed for delivery system, and makes it very clear that once delivered the tickets are the responsibility of the customer. This may seem harsh, but it is the system we all sign up to when we buy our tickets.

I have graet sympathy with the people who may miss out on the festival, but really can see no easy cost effect solution to this problem.

A

35 minutes ago, alanr said:

There is no mechanism to cancel issued tickets as the infrastructure to do this does not exist at the festival site.

To do this would require each entry/exit point to be connected to a central database to check each and every ticket, the cost of such a system could not be justified for a large rural site used for one event each year. 

IMO it has very little to do with the infrastructure or the cost, a simple system to scan tickets against a cloud hosted database over either simple passive infrastructure or wireless could be constructed for very little, even in the 'wilds' of darkest Somerset, and even less if you simply had the facility in one place and told anyone with a query to queue up.  Why go to the trouble of checking every ticket?

What's more likely is the resource required to handle the queue of potential blaggers (Staitey - not aimed at you) and decide between them and the genuine cases.  Tell folks up front 'no ticket - no entry' and a lot of the chancers then stay away....allowing for genuine cases to be assessed.

Don't let this put you off Staitey, turn up, talk to them....what have you got to lose?

15 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

IMO it has very little to do with the infrastructure or the cost, a simple system to scan tickets against a cloud hosted database over either simple passive infrastructure or wireless could be constructed for very little, even in the 'wilds' of darkest Somerset, and even less if you simply had the facility in one place and told anyone with a query to queue up.  Why go to the trouble of checking every ticket?

You would have to do all tickets or none at all, that's why everyone else has dismissed it as not practical.  If you don't understand why, then you need to think about it more :P 

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You would have to do all tickets or none at all, that's why everyone else has dismissed it as not practical.  If you don't understand why, then you need to think about it more :P 

What is so complicated about every ticket having a unique barcode which is held against a database? If you lose your ticket this is then cancelled and replaced, when/if anybody attempts to use the cancelled ticket, as soon as it is scanned it flags up as cancelled/stolen/lost whatever?

That wouldn't be hard difficult or expensive to implement IMO.

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

What is so complicated about every ticket having a unique barcode which is held against a database? If you lose your ticket this is then cancelled and replaced, when/if anybody attempts to use the cancelled ticket, as soon as it is scanned it flags up as cancelled/stolen/lost whatever?

That wouldn't be hard difficult or expensive to implement IMO.

It's an added expense to provide resilient readers at each post, with power and network connectivity back to a centralised place to report back in seconds. If something does fail, it adds to the queues. Sure, those queues lessen once the campers are in, but it's still a huge risk, compared to the current provision and cost.

every other festival i've been to in the middle of nowhere has managed it fine. granted, none have been 135k, but plenty of 50k+ ones in rural fields.

Exit Festival has 190k people attending and is held on an island in the middle of the Danube and manages to scan tickets fine.

i'm sure there are various other massive ones held in outdoor areas which do it too.

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

every other festival i've been to in the middle of nowhere has managed it fine. granted, none have been 135k, but plenty of 50k+ ones in rural fields.

Exit Festival has 190k people attending and is held on an island in the middle of the Danube and manages to scan tickets fine.

i'm sure there are various other massive ones held in outdoor areas which do it too.

There's a lot of gates spread across a wide area, all of which would need to be accomodated and all of the people on those gates who check tickets.  That's the only way they could replace a lost ticket without someone just claiming it to be lost after they've passed it to someone who goes to a non-scanning gate.

Perhaps when they look at the cost and infrastructure for an event that happens only once per year, they'd rather retain that money for their good causes or the upkeep of the site? 

It may be that they choose to deal with them as they occur on site as some have said they did, but can't advise that more broadly due to potential abuse?

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Exit is in the middle of a city, and doesn't have the lack of infrastructure that Pilton does.

They're scanning tickets for crew this year, so it may mean that we'll see the same for the general public in the future. The people running Glastonbury aren't sitting around with their heads up their arses, completely ignorant to what happens at other festivals or the potential benefits of going over to a completely computer based system. But neither they nor the council is going to risk one massive f*ck up because the signal to one or more of the gates fails at some point.

And especially not because someone on the internet reckons it's a piece of piss.