Neighbour has our tickets

Staitey

17 minutes ago, Staitey said:

This is great advise. We are going to wait to hear back from Royal Mail and SeeTickets tomorrow and if nothing has been found we will offer them cash to find it.

This is why I do not trust them. He said he posted a bunch of them back on Thursday but cannot recall the letter example I showed him.

Hope this works. Maybe a reward is what they may be after. It sounds to me they could be hedging their bets but if it was me I would take the money and run once I realised the tickets are worthless....But you need to know for sure that they haven't been sent back before you go round nether the less.

37 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

'Posted a buch of them back'

Bunch of what?

This seems odd.  Are they getting loads of misdirected mail?

Bunch of letters which did not have their name on it.

31 minutes ago, mr jolly said:

Hope this works. Maybe a reward is what they may be after. It sounds to me they could be hedging their bets but if it was me I would take the money and run once I realised the tickets are worthless....But you need to know for sure that they haven't been sent back before you go round nether the less.

me too, thanks.

7 hours ago, Jennings74 said:

Isn't your address information linked to your registration number?? So your registration must be incorrect as well.  I would double check that so you don't make the same mistake next year.  

I can't recall every putting my address in on Seetickets website in October during the deposit booking and again when paying the balance.  Tickets are always delivered to the lead booker when paying the full balance or the first registration number on the April resale page

But the partner must have been the lead booker and address details for the registration number appear when you are making payment - so no you don't have to input them again but they do show on the screen? 

UPDATE: Royal Mail cannot track it if it has been returned after being signed. We are really hoping if it was sent back to SeeTickets that we will hear something from them today or tomorrow the latest.

This evening I will be asking him if we can have a look at his recycling for the letters he has thrown away.

If either of the above does not result in getting our tickets we will push SeeTickets and Glastonbury for confirmation that we can get into the festival through the gate without a ticket and if we can be resent our parking tickets. I am really hoping someone helps us, we are stressed and feeling very sick about this.

1 hour ago, Staitey said:

UPDATE: Royal Mail cannot track it if it has been returned after being signed. We are really hoping if it was sent back to SeeTickets that we will hear something from them today or tomorrow the latest.

This evening I will be asking him if we can have a look at his recycling for the letters he has thrown away.

If either of the above does not result in getting our tickets we will push SeeTickets and Glastonbury for confirmation that we can get into the festival through the gate without a ticket and if we can be resent our parking tickets. I am really hoping someone helps us, we are stressed and feeling very sick about this.

if he has just put it back in the post box without writing return to sends won't it just get returned to them

Update: Glastonbury has emailed the following:

There is nothing the Festival can do in this situation; as we have explained, both See Tickets and Royal Mail have fulfilled their obligations in their contract to deliver these tickets to the address you provided. The Festival has a strict ‘no ticket, no entry’ policy, which requires each and every ticket holder to have their own personalised, physical ticket. Proof of purchase cannot be accepted at the gates. It must be your ticket, and exceptions cannot be made to this.

I cannot believe people in the past people have lost their ticket and are unable to go to a festival that they have paid for, specifically when it is one of the only festivals that has a passport type system where each ticket has photo identity. 

Edited by Staitey

1 minute ago, dexydexy said:

It's highly unlikely that Glastonbury will change their minds. Honestly your best bet is to keep on at your neighbour. 

We have heard from others that people have got in with proof of purchase without a ticket. Also a time where Glastonbury has given a specific gate to get in by.

This cannot be the only time it has happened. I have purchased a ticket and I should be able to get in.

Just now, Staitey said:

We have heard from others that people have got in with proof of purchase without a ticket. Also a time where Glastonbury has given a specific gate to get in by.

This cannot be the only time it has happened. I have purchased a ticket and I should be able to get in.

Oh I agree with you completely and feel really sorry for you! The stories I've heard have usually been where people in the cabins have taken pity and let people in. I personally haven't ever heard of Glastonbury agreeing prior to the festival, but if you have then that's definitely a bit more hopeful.

i do still think your best bet is talking to your neighbour more and seeing if he can be a bit more helpful!

Just now, dexydexy said:

Oh I agree with you completely and feel really sorry for you! The stories I've heard have usually been where people in the cabins have taken pity and let people in. I personally haven't ever heard of Glastonbury agreeing prior to the festival, but if you have then that's definitely a bit more hopeful.

i do still think your best bet is talking to your neighbour more and seeing if he can be a bit more helpful!

Thanks. I am having another talk with him tonight and will hopefully get through his bins. I see three possibilities of where the tickets are:

• It is in the bin
  • They really did send it back to sender (which I do not feel optimistic about)
  • They have kept it (I can't see them attempting to do this but you never know)

UPDATE:

I got to speak to the neighbour after getting to know him he seems alright, we went through his bins (luckily all his letter were in one clean bag) but sadly our tickets were not found.

He confirmed he put 10 to 15 letter back to sender so fingers crossed they will turn up at SeeTickets very soon (although they should have already).

I did show him a picture of what the letter and the tickets looked like and if they found it I will give them some money.

He did sound genuinely concerned that they were important to us so I can't imagine they would lie to us.

38 minutes ago, Staitey said:

UPDATE:

I got to speak to the neighbour after getting to know him he seems alright, we went through his bins (luckily all his letter were in one clean bag) but sadly our tickets were not found.

He confirmed he put 10 to 15 letter back to sender so fingers crossed they will turn up at SeeTickets very soon (although they should have already).

I did show him a picture of what the letter and the tickets looked like and if they found it I will give them some money.

He did sound genuinely concerned that they were important to us so I can't imagine they would lie to us.

There are a lot of positives in this....and I'm starting to feel this is going to work out for you.

If they aren't in the bin, they must either still be in his house, in which case he will stumble across them and bring them over for his cash reward,  or have been posted back return to sender in which case you can hopefully easily get them sent back out again! I think this is going to end well for you too.

Hopefully they are at see tickets just in a pile of mail waiting to be opened by someone. Have you asked see tickets what their process is for this, as I assume on their system they are marked as delivered (as your neighbour signed for them).

actually, now I'm doubting myself. Why would someone sign for a letter that's not for them, only to put it back in the post???

still... I'm sure it's all going to work out X 

12 minutes ago, ejj said:

If they aren't in the bin, they must either still be in his house, in which case he will stumble across them and bring them over for his cash reward,  or have been posted back return to sender in which case you can hopefully easily get them sent back out again! I think this is going to end well for you too.

Hopefully they are at see tickets just in a pile of mail waiting to be opened by someone. Have you asked see tickets what their process is for this, as I assume on their system they are marked as delivered (as your neighbour signed for them).

actually, now I'm doubting myself. Why would someone sign for a letter that's not for them, only to put it back in the post???

still... I'm sure it's all going to work out X 

I am feeling hopefully after today. 

If SeeTickets get them they will call us (they are on alert).

So our neighbour wife signed for it but I think she just put it in a pile for her husband. Which is why he was confused at first why she would sign for something which did not have her or his name on it. I really do not think they have it at this point.

I still have my fingers and toes crossed that it will work itself out. I have good karma from finding a Macbook Air on the train the other day and giving it to Virgin.

34 minutes ago, Staitey said:

I am feeling hopefully after today. 

If SeeTickets get them they will call us (they are on alert).

So our neighbour wife signed for it but I think she just put it in a pile for her husband. Which is why he was confused at first why she would sign for something which did not have her or his name on it. I really do not think they have it at this point.

I still have my fingers and toes crossed that it will work itself out. I have good karma from finding a Macbook Air on the train the other day and giving it to Virgin.

Returning the Mac defo deserves some good karma. I'm becoming a bit obsessed with this thread, just hoping for a Glastonbury miracle and you get your tickets. You must be so stressed about it. Fingers crossed tomorrow is a good day :) X X xX