Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

26 minutes ago, Jules62 said:

I'm genuinely hoping that the lack of posting on here means that RM are helping you at last! Hope you get this sorted x

They first of all said was all we cd do was wait & see if they get delivered. I DMed them & told them I'd waited 12 days already!! They have taken some mre details re when they were picked up & where from & who signed 2 day they had been collected but I don't hold out much hope! Glastofest emailed again 2 say no paper ticket no entry!

1 hour ago, LuluC said:

They first of all said was all we cd do was wait & see if they get delivered. I DMed them & told them I'd waited 12 days already!! They have taken some mre details re when they were picked up & where from & who signed 2 day they had been collected but I don't hold out much hope! Glastofest emailed again 2 say no paper ticket no entry!

Glastonbury has said the same to us. Really not helpful at all. Under these circumstances surely they can allow people through when they have digital proof stored on their website that tickets have been paid for and photo evidence of each person. Outrageous given the amount of money spent on these tickets.

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

just in case they have been nicked ask glastonbury to make sure gate people have your names so if someone turns up with their tickets. Glastonbury can call you to say they have them? 

Not sure that'd make any difference, unless I've missed something.

There's no chance that ticket checkers on the gate would be asked to remember / filter out any specific names - they've already got too much to remember as it is. Most of the time they won't even look at the name on the ticket - the training concentrates on the photos and security features as being the main things that matter.

Approaching it from the other angle, if tickets were somehow found and handed in, then they'd be taken to the nearest enquiries cabin who would then attempt to contact the holder regardless of whether they had their names flagged or not.

2 hours ago, Staitey said:

Glastonbury has said the same to us. Really not helpful at all. Under these circumstances surely they can allow people through when they have digital proof stored on their website that tickets have been paid for and photo evidence of each person. Outrageous given the amount of money spent on these tickets.

Its so unfair! I even have a photo of the tickets on my phone and the photos, ticket numbers, registration numbers are all really clear and we all look like our photos. We are 2 ladies in their 50s and a 22/23 year old & a 17 year old!

User Actions
  Follow
aBSghFhc_bigger.jpgLouise Copley@LouiseCopley3

Louise Copley Retweeted Royal Mail

@RoyalMail @TheMoyaGreene @GlastoFest Lost 13 days! Please search Croydon mail centre. Tickets can't be replaced!

I know Louise isn't on here when she's at work (she said so yesterday) so just in case she doesn't see your message @funkyukhere is her latest tweet.

20 hours ago, Staitey said:

What is really outrageous is the fact you put the wrong delivery address and now expect Glastonbury to

change their policies to accommodate your failings

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, ZoomZoom said:

What is really outrageous is the fact you put the wrong delivery address and now expect Glastonbury to

Whoa, a bit harsh there. Where's your compassion - do you need to be more 'Glastonbury' as they say on here?

Also his was an easy mistake to make, you don't input your address when buying tickets.

When I buy tickets for glasto, I do not have time to check that the address details are correct, purchaae a carpark pass etc, those extra nanoseconds could be the difference between buying and losing out.

it's unfortunate that this has happened with a minor address detail being wrong on the lead bookers registration, @Staitey is doing everything in his power to try to get his tickets back/locate themband I don't think he's after policies being changed, just some help/direction and understanding doesn't go amiss, and in a perfect world, yes, a secure ticketless entry system capable of bringing up evidence of purchase with your photo on would be ideal, cut down on missing tickets and be unfeasibly costly.

31 minutes ago, ZoomZoom said:

We make a small mistake and our tickets get sent to our neighbor and I should be punished from attending something which cost my friend, my partner and I almost £800? Now that is outrageous.

Edited by Staitey

11 minutes ago, Staitey said:

We make a small mistake and our tickets get sent to our neighbor and I should be punished from attending something which cost my friend, my partner and I almost £800? Now that is outrageous.

Nobody is punishing you , you have just educated yourself in how costly a small error can be

The price of education Now that is outrageous.

Edited by ZoomZoom

2 hours ago, ZoomZoom said:

Neither position is 'outrageous' (such an overused word). But ZoomZoom you are being an arse!