Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

I've tried calling and she said there was nothing they could do & to fill in a compensation claim form after 15th June. No good to me. All i want is for the tickets to be found.

To everyone who has replied with encouragement & sympathy. Thank you so so much! The kindness of strangers in amazing. I just wish RM was as caring!!

2 hours ago, LuluC said:

Glasto Fest are refusing 2 help @ mo & saying lost & stolen tickets can't be replaced and without paper tickets we won't be able to enter. I have had the most awful week & no one is helping. Went to the mail centre & they refused 2 search office stating the centre was way too big with hundreds of mail bags! I'm at my wits end!! Just don't know what to do next. Will go & report as stolen on Monday. Its so unfair! When i went to the post office they gave me 2 options either signed for or guaranteed by 1pm nxt day.  As i didn't need them to be there nxt day I chose the former not knowing until afterwards that they don't get scanned in til they are signed for. I have also found out tickets are not covered by Royal Mail's compensation scheme if sent signed for. It gets worse & worse every day!! :-( :-( :-(

Perhaps mentioning that you think a post person may have stolen them? I don't know, but there might be a small chance that would kick their arses into gear and get them looking. Not the most ethical tactic but there's a small chance it could be true. I don't know, I honestly don't know the right answer and I feel so bad for you going through this. I would not give up, I would be at that sorting office every day making a song and dance. Perhaps get down there as son as it opens when staff are still feeling fresh and it's less busy so they will have more time to help you. Beg, plead, cry, whatever it takes. I think the best chance is that sorting office.

I probably wouldn't wait until Monday to report them as stolen either.

Edited by dexydexy

58 minutes ago, LuluC said:

Thank you everyone. I am frantic now & more & more of the opinion they won't be found & we won't be going :-( :-( Does anyone have a phone number for Glasto Fest? I may get more joy if I plead with them. This is really getting me down & I'm blaming myself when i sent them as per the info i was given!

Did you send your own tickets to your friends?

3 hours ago, LuluC said:

Glasto Fest are refusing 2 help @ mo & saying lost & stolen tickets can't be replaced and without paper tickets we won't be able to enter. I have had the most awful week & no one is helping. Went to the mail centre & they refused 2 search office stating the centre was way too big with hundreds of mail bags! I'm at my wits end!! Just don't know what to do next. Will go & report as stolen on Monday. Its so unfair! When i went to the post office they gave me 2 options either signed for or guaranteed by 1pm nxt day.  As i didn't need them to be there nxt day I chose the former not knowing until afterwards that they don't get scanned in til they are signed for. I have also found out tickets are not covered by Royal Mail's compensation scheme if sent signed for. It gets worse & worse every day!! :-( :-( :-(

That's unacceptable. I'd go back and insist they talk to the driver who picked up from your local post office. You know the letters went missing before they left the sorting office so make sure you tell them this. If the person on the desk refuses to help ask to speak to their manager. 

Still don't panic.

I've tried calling and she said there was nothing they could do & to fill in a compensation claim form after 15th June. No good to me. All i want is for the tickets to be found.

To everyone who has replied with encouragement & sympathy. Thank you so so much! The kindness of strangers in amazing. I just wish RM was as caring!!

I am watching this thread more than the weather, so gutted for you and angry with the dead ends you keep coming to. You have taken advice of RM when posting and they have lost your special letters and now you just get the bird.... WTF....I so hope you get some positive news soon..... Jamie 

Similar to Jamie, I've been checking back here in the evenings hoping that it's all been sorted for you. I'm sorry I can't add any extra advice other than what's been said but all I would say is that I honestly think there's still plenty of time left for this to get sorted, you're doing all that you can and I have my fingers crossed for you!

If worst comes to worst it might still be worth all of you going to Glastonbury and pleading at the ticket gates. Don't forget there are four so that's four chances, and there have been stories on here about people being lucky that way. 

If you go there armed with all the details you can eg proof of postage, proof of reporting them stolen, emails to Glastonbury etc there is a small chance you might be lucky. 

But definitely keep going back to the sorting office. It's completely unacceptable that they won't search. 

1 hour ago, dexydexy said:

If worst comes to worst it might still be worth all of you going to Glastonbury and pleading at the ticket gates. Don't forget there are four so that's four chances, and there have been stories on here about people being lucky that way.

It's definitely something I would try if I was in that situation. The staff at the enquiries office outside the gate will have more leeway to take decisions on a case by case basis, whereas the people answering calls / E-Mails at Seetickets / GFL have a policy dictated to them and no real ability to deviate from it (the people in the GFL office who would have the ability to make an exception are going to be busy and virtually impossible to get hold of this close to the Festival).

Having said that, I'd still be prepared for disappointment in that scenario - even visiting the enquiries cabin in person, and armed with all the documentation to prove the case, I think the chances would be 50% at best. The responsibility here, and the best hope for a positive outcome rests with Royal Mail. If they just do their job and find the tickets, then the problem goes away.

5 hours ago, incident said:

It's definitely something I would try if I was in that situation. The staff at the enquiries office outside the gate will have more leeway to take decisions on a case by case basis, whereas the people answering calls / E-Mails at Seetickets / GFL have a policy dictated to them and no real ability to deviate from it (the people in the GFL office who would have the ability to make an exception are going to be busy and virtually impossible to get hold of this close to the Festival).

Having said that, I'd still be prepared for disappointment in that scenario - even visiting the enquiries cabin in person, and armed with all the documentation to prove the case, I think the chances would be 50% at best. The responsibility here, and the best hope for a positive outcome rests with Royal Mail. If they just do their job and find the tickets, then the problem goes away.

I'd agree entirely with this, you have pictures of the tickets, you have people who look like the pictures on the tixkets - with id. Sure they might say no, but if you don't the. Up on site you definitely won't in, if you turn up you're in with a chance. 

I really hope you find them.

2 minutes ago, LuluC said:

I questioned the postman myself. All he says is he took what he signed for at post office to the mail centre. Spoke to manager at Mail Centre yesterday who refused to search mail centre as too big & 100s of mail bags!!

Can they tell if it definitely got to the mail centre?