Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

9 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Neither position is 'outrageous' (such an overused word). But ZoomZoom you are being an arse!

14 posts and 35 downvotes. That's impressive :-) I am thinking that zoom zoom only posts when there is something to say that may get negative votes .... #slowhandclap 

Latest Update

Still ni luck from Royal Mail. Still saying they're afraid they don't have the resources to search each office the envelopes may have travelled through. I replied that a good start would be the first office they went to but they are saying they have no way to do this.

Thank you for all your encouragement and retweets this morning.

Not sure what to do now...

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

14 posts and 35 downvotes. That's impressive :-) I am thinking that zoom zoom only posts when there is something to say that may get negative votes .... #slowhandclap 

I only post when someone is being so stupid I fine it unbelievable

Maybe you should check to see who upvoted my posts

I take that as a small agreement of the stance I took against Staitlet's utter failings and the subsequent woe is me posts

How can anyone complain about the festival or the Royal Mail when they have done all they were

contracted to do, is it GFLs or RMs fault Staitley doesn't know his address , all he had to do was walk

outside and look at the number on the door, or would you like to return to the good old days

pre super fence  only this time you just rock up and say "I lost my ticket" and you are let straight in

over to you funkyfairy

Edited by ZoomZoom

18 minutes ago, ZoomZoom said:

I take that as a small agreement of the stance I took against Staitlet's utter failings and the subsequent woe is me posts

How can anyone complain about the festival or the Royal Mail when they have done all they were

contracted to do, is it GFLs or RMs fault Staitley doesn't know his address , all he had to do was walk

outside and look at the number on the door, or would you like to return to the good old days

pre super fence  only this time you just rock up and say "I lost my ticket" and you are let straight in

over to you funkyfairy

I upvoted you.

Itwas a mistake as I read your post as apologising to the OP.

I've fixed my mistake.

The OP made a mistake too. 

The magnitude of the mistakes are similar. The consequences differ vastly.

The OP is asking for help and support and is receiving some. I hope it is at least a comfort and perhaps a solution.

I hope your mistakes dont have such serious consequences.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
Typo

11 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I upvoted you.

Itwas a mistake as I read your post as apologising to the OP.

I've fixed my mistake.

The OP made a mistake too. 

The magnitude of the mistakes are similar. The consequences differ vastly.

The OP is asking for help and support and is receiving some. I hope it is at least a comfort and perhaps a solution.

None of my posts have been aimed at LuluC (the OP) except the apology, as the situation she is in was totally beyond her control and my hope that she has the tickets found (very very soon) still stands

17 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

serious consequences. are you having a laugh???

Nobody is going to die by not attending Glastonbury, well perhaps Staitley is but that will be by the hand of his partner and his friend or Darwin will get him first

it's only a fucking festival, a gig in a field, need I carry on ??  

2 minutes ago, ZoomZoom said:

serious consequences. are you having a laugh???

Nobody is going to die by not attending Glastonbury, well perhaps Staitley is but that will be by the hand of his partner and his friend or Darwin will get him first

it's only a fucking festival, a gig in a field, need I carry on ??  

No. I think you should stop there.

12 minutes ago, ZoomZoom said:

None of my posts have been aimed at LuluC (the OP) except the apology, as the situation she is in was totally beyond her control and my hope that she has the tickets found (very very soon) still stands

OP = Staitly, the poster you were demonising. I would have thought that was obvious.

12 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

OP = Staitly, the poster you were demonising. I would have thought that was obvious.

check who started this thread

OP = LuluC

Staitley highjacked  it for his own ends

Edited by ZoomZoom

1 hour ago, ZoomZoom said:

over to you funkyfairy

No 'over to me' needed lol

Maybe it's not the context of your post, but the way you're putting it over, we all know he made a mistake, he's always admitted that. But we all make mistakes and that doesn't mean that he cannot come onto the forum and ask for advice and give us an update,

I, of course didn't mention wishing to go back to pre super fence days. 

I believe his partner put in the wrong address, maybe he/ she doesn't live with him, and didn't realise the tickets went to the lead Booker , maybe he'd been the lead Booker in previous years

a mistake is just that, a mistake. Bet they are feeling silly enough without being chastised by you on a forum 

really now, not over to you, I'm not so antagonistic to say that !

Have a lovely evening :-)

- and I have up voted you for apologising 

Thanks for those supporting me. 

I did not highjack this post, I am supporting LuluC as much as she is to me. Go push your frustration on my mistakes on my thread and not here.

We admitted a mistake but we are genuine people who just want to go to a festival in which we have paid for. We are already feeling sick enough without you pointing at our flaws. People have been really helpful on this forum, the kind of people that I see and meet at Glastonbury.

Latest Update

Have just sent message to RM asking them to send me a document 2moro when they will be officially classed as lost accepting responsibilty for the loss of the tickets to see if that will help me try to get Glasto to relent & allow us in. Fingers crossed. I think the only other thing I can do is report them as stolen, if only to get a crime number to assist my case. Thoughts anyone?

46 minutes ago, LuluC said:

Latest Update

Have just sent message to RM asking them to send me a document 2moro when they will be officially classed as lost accepting responsibilty for the loss of the tickets to see if that will help me try to get Glasto to relent & allow us in. Fingers crossed. I think the only other thing I can do is report them as stolen, if only to get a crime number to assist my case. Thoughts anyone?

I think that's all you can do. As soon as you get the document, try and speak to seetickets and push it as far as you can. They manage the tickets as far as Glasto is concerned I believe. 

On top of that, don't lose faith.

got to be honest would still try local press to start a postie please find my tickets campaign.  at the end of the day. they would bust a gut to find them then as even postmen love to help. but understand local paper may not bite. anyway. I really hope they turn up 

10 hours ago, LuluC said:

Latest Update

I think this is your best way forward now. Gather all the evidence you can and present yourselves at the ticket office.

I hope this works out for you.

I really hope this works out for you. I have been watching in the hope that they turn up.

I think the festival would be mad to turn you away if you have a letter from Royal Mail confirming they are lost, evidence of all your correspondence, evidence of purchasing the tickets and a crime reference number.

Good luck!

Probably already mentioned so apologies if a repeat, are you contacting royal mail via their social media pages? It's just a thought but I know when I've had problems with BT or Npower in the past they only stopped fobbing me off when I posted on their social media for all to see. Also what about a public post asking to share and pleaing to staff working in the sorting offices on Facebook if you have it?

Probably clutching at straws but someone may see it and have a quick look round?

Good Luck

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

got to be honest would still try local press to start a postie please find my tickets campaign.  at the end of the day. they would bust a gut to find them then as even postmen love to help. but understand local paper may not bite. anyway. I really hope they turn up 

If your local paper aren't interested how about putting a post on one of your local Facebook pages (selling or spotted pages etc) offering a reward. You will be amazed how quickly people start tagging in postman friends who might be interested in a £50 reward for finding your tickets. 

3 hours ago, stardustjunkie said:

I really hope this works out for you. I have been watching in the hope that they turn up.

I think the festival would be mad to turn you away if you have a letter from Royal Mail confirming they are lost, evidence of all your correspondence, evidence of purchasing the tickets and a crime reference number.

Good luck!

Thank you. I don't have an official letter from RM as they say they don't have one but they did DM me on twitter to say that if they didn't turn up today they are now officially classed as lost. I have printed off evidence of all my dealings with them as well as the photograph on A4 paper and the paper the driver signed when he picked up the letters from the office. I will also print off this forum & all the tweets to RM & the retweets etc

3 hours ago, Tuttifrutti said:

Probably already mentioned so apologies if a repeat, are you contacting royal mail via their social media pages? It's just a thought but I know when I've had problems with BT or Npower in the past they only stopped fobbing me off when I posted on their social media for all to see. Also what about a public post asking to share and pleaing to staff working in the sorting offices on Facebook if you have it?

Probably clutching at straws but someone may see it and have a quick look round?

Good Luck

I have already done all this but thanks for the suggestions :-)

4 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Thank you :-)