Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

15 minutes ago, Staitey said:

Sorry to hear this and I hope you get this fixed. We are having an issue of our own whereby our neighbour signed for our ticket and he has put it in the bin! No one is helping us.

Oh no! I really feel.for you. I haven"t slept or eaten much at all this week and i cancelled two outings too as I just wasn't in the mood. Fingers crossed you get the result you need. Surely Glastonbury Festival and Seetickets must be able to see we are genuinely telling the truth but all i've got so far is a quote of the t&cs. You couldn't make it up! Sending a big hug xx

4 hours ago, al_coholic said:

They have clearly been stolen by the guy that picked them up from the post office.

Er...no they CLEARLY haven't. They're in the bottom of a sack somewhere. The Police will not give a crime reference number as there is absolute NO evidence to suggest they've been stolen.

Edited by Alexdw

16 hours ago, Alexdw said:

Ok, so what's happened here is pretty straightforward, but in essence, you're on a wing and prayer with this one.

When items get sent via "Signed For" delivery, they go into a sack along with other parcels and letters.  Now the problem with letters containing things such as Glasto tickets, is that they don't weigh very much, so when the sacks get tipped out at the Sorting Office for items to be sorted and sent on their merry way to the correct Distribution Centre, quite often a few are going to end up tucked up in the corners of bags.  

Your only hope is that someone notices them when they next use said bag.  The issue with that is that there are THOUSANDS of bags in use with Royal Mail, some of which whizz round the country, others which sit in a corner dormant for a while, some which are in the back of vans and only get used when certain posties are in said van, etc. etc.  Now the likelihood is that the bag your envelopes were in went onto a pile which then would have gone back into circulation i.e. either picked up by the Collections Team the next day to go out and do more collections, or got whizzed off in a lorry somewhere with a ton of other mail, so it could be ANYWHERE in the country.  The likelihood of it being a "dormant" bag at this stage is lower than being back out in circulation.

I sympathise with Royal Mail; searching every single bag in the sorting office and the vans would take days.  And that's the reason why they offer different levels of cover for stuff we post.  A "Special Delivery" item is worth getting a couple of the lads to do a search of the office on overtime.  But a measly £50 "Signed For"... nope... it's cheaper for them just to cough up the £50 and be done with it.  Lesson learnt there I hope!  Glasto tickets should be sent with uber cover so that in the event they get lost, well guess what, here's a few grand to go and drown your sorrows with, even though it won't come remotely close to missing out on the Best Party on Earth.

I'd not bother listening to anyone's theory about them being stolen by a postie.  What person in their right mind would risk losing their well paid job for two items of mail with a maximum value of £100 combined.  Nope, not gonna happen.  Especially when it's a letter so the likelihood is that the contents aren't going to be particulalry easy to convert to cash.  Anyone who's on the rob in Royal Mail are VERY quickly sussed out, so they're not going to be going for the small pickings such as "Signed For" envelopes.

I'd refrain from going into your local Mail Centre/Sorting Office kicking off.  I would go down pleading that managers do an announcement during "Briefings" asking staff to check any bags they come across.  There's a slight chance the bag may still be in use by someone in that office, but there's every chance it's not.  Requesting that every single office in the UK do it... forget it! The likelihood is that someone will come across them in the next few days and pop them back into the system for processing and that's the reason why Royal Mail won't process claims until after 2 weeks have passed, because items do tend to get found by accident within this time frame.

How do I know?  Well I delivered a Special Delivery sent from Cornwall to Chester, which was found in the bottom of a mail sack in Durham.  It finally landed with the recipient 10 days after it was sent.  It happens... even with Special Deliveries.  I've also had moments of terror when I've discovered small parcels and letters in the bottom of my mail sacks/delivery pouches, only to breathe a sigh of relief when I realise it's nothing to do with my delivery.  I then just pop them back into the system for processing.  On a plus note, I've worked with some really lazy posties, and even they tend to check all bags and pouches at the end of their shift.

Summary for all:  NEVER let Glasto tickets out of your hands.  They're priceless, so no level of cover can protect them if handed to a 3rd party.  If you absolutely must, then ensure they go into a large box so they don't get stuck in the corner of any mail bags!

Good luck and fingers crossed they materialise in the next few days.

Sorry LuluC this is a question for Alexdw really.

When mail bags are emptied, would it not be possible to turn them inside out quickly to check that no mail was left in the bags!?!? Xx

I contacted Glastonbury festival again yesterday and explained my plight. They replied again saying its up to Royal Mail to help me find the tickets. As people have pointed out it will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I replied to the Glastonbury Festival.email and explained about they type of post that they went by, the lack of compensation on signed for letters and asked for the contact details of the person who was writing the email's manager or someone higher up. I expressed how iwe has been so looking foward to returning to the Fesrival this year having had the best experience of our lives last year when we went to the festival for the first time and whether they could make an exception to the rules in such exceptional circumstances. I am awaiting their reply.

25 minutes ago, LuluC said:

My next step will be via tweet to Emily Eavis altho I am giving Royal Mail chance to respond to my text before i go anything else. Still awaiting latest reply frm GlastoFest as well...

I re tweeted the tweet and I saw many others did too so fingers crossed you get a good reply from Royal Mail tomorrow. 

53 minutes ago, GlastoLuvvinJock said:

just had a dream where I checked in here this morning and you updated us to say that the letters had just been delivered today as if nothing had ever happened. Hoping it comes true for you.

I do hope so. That would be the perfect ending. Can't believe people are dreaming about this. Wow! ♡

I too check this thread almost as frequently as the secret resale thread when we were trying to obtain the last elusive tickets our group needed, we got 4 in the lightening quick sale and were very lucky, I hope its a sign for you and some of our luck passes your way, do keep the faith. I'll do anything I can to help with tweeting etc.

Hoping for good news today.

17 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

First thread I check in the mornings and evenings. We are all rooting that the tickets turn up ... And soon ! Good luck today. Tweet as much as you can, write emails, visit the sorting office but don't give up - keep the faith 

Aw thank you ♡

13 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

I too check this thread almost as frequently as the secret resale thread when we were trying to obtain the last elusive tickets our group needed, we got 4 in the lightening quick sale and were very lucky, I hope its a sign for you and some of our luck passes your way, do keep the faith. I'll do anything I can to help with tweeting etc.

Hoping for good news today.

Aw thankyou ♡

Ooh RM have tweeted me to say they have got in touch with you! What have they said?

Oh, in my excitement I forgot I could look myself - they're asking for the tracking number but you don't have one for signed for do you?  Not much help so far ..... 

Edited by Beerqueen