The stone roses

weeksy97

27 minutes ago, russycarps said:

When you are on stage there's probably not a lot of difference between playing in front of a Glastonbury crowd or an isle of wight crowd. So why not take £1m over £500k. These people aren't Glastonbury fanatics like us

Sad fact but true....especially when you aren't going to benefit from the TV audience either....

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I guess they only reason they looked inevitable was the fact they announced stadium gigs at the same time and everybody assumed they may as well take the money from Glastonbury while they were at it. I'm as frustrated with them as I am with Fleetwood Mac who have repeatedly taken the extra cash over anything else. There is nothing like seeing one of your favourite bands at Glastonbury and unfortunately after arriving to the party relatively late I've already missed a good few of them and there aren't that many left. Maybe I'm naive, as a normal run of the mill sort of person but it always makes me wonder how much money an individual can actually need and why bands like TSR and Fleetwood Mac always look for the biggest payout even they don't actually need the extra money and you'd assume as a musician they may want to actually enjoy what they do at the same time, rather than just be at the place that pays them most.

You probably don't have ex wives and expensive maintenance payments for kids 

5 hours ago, White Bear said:

The big man seen in B&Q stocking up on paint brushes.

He's now on his way to Glastonbury to paint a big lemon on the pyramid fields

IMG_1412.JPG

Sometimes Iiiiiiii...... DIY........

(Unashamedly stolen from Facebook)

Edited by EamerRed

If they played I would have gone along and watched them, no doubt. I'm not super disappointed though tbh. I saw them at Heaton, they were great so I'm fine with leaving it at that. I'd expect almost the same set and I don't think they could do it any better so yeah, I'm happy to leave it at that.

My main disappointment are the rumored alternatives. It's a big festival though and there are always decent alternatives elsewhere around site.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

Disappointed that its definitely not happening now. Seen them a few times since the reunion and they are brilliant but they've played pretty much the same set every time so probably wouldn't pay £70 a ticket to go and see the same thing again especially with Ian Brown's voice get worse and worse each time he goes on stage. However, I think it would have been monumental on the Pyramid stage. No place in the world like it. Its a shame that when most bands start off sayiing its all about the music but that quickly changes to being all about the money. 

my attitude is fuck em, if they dont want to play what is arguably the biggest festival in the uk then fair dos......as others have said they plainly care about the £ rather then their musical legacy....or maybe ian brown is worried about having a bad day vocal wise when the bbc cameras are there to capture it? fuck knows. All I know is this is the last year I care to take part in speculation for them, if they arent going to do it now then they arent going to do it because in a couple of years time theyll be back out of the music scene again living it up on the money they made from their short lived `comeback`  ive little patience for artists that only come back and perform for their fans when they need a bit more money and roses appear to be going down that route.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

This from Gordon Smart, he's in the know on Roses stuff, has posted before when All For One was about to be announced etc.

I'd say its a warm up gig, possibly for Australian gigs coming up this month?

15392862_10157938479400165_8851547422407

I was at that gig .  Lord it seems a lifetime ago .    I

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not even sure the claims of lemons in Leeds are genuine. If they were I'd expect to see more people tweeting them.

Its foggy as F**K in Yorkshire at the moment , not sure many people will see em. I think that advertising screen is on one of the main roads out of Leeds heading south,  Wonder if many commuters pick up on it ?

1 minute ago, ivan said:

Its foggy as F**K in Yorkshire at the moment , not sure many people will see em. I think that advertising screen is on one of the main roads out of Leeds heading south,  Wonder if many commuters pick up on it ?

I can't make my mind up about the Leeds stuff. It might be genuine, it might not.

But I'm totally unconvinced by the claims of similar in Reading, so i reckon the idea of them doing Reading/Leeds is off target.