Lineup 2018

Just now, JSmurphy said:

If R&L bag Arctics and Foos (I'm not predicting either) then the undercard is going to suffer massively, if this year is anything to go by. Royal Blood are going to be at least a strong sub by next year so I don't see them playing the same year as Foos and Arctics.

I agree Catfish & The Bottlemen seem nailed on for a big slot. If Twenty One Pilots maintain the hype behind them they could take a few years off and return to co-headline. 

Kendrick up against A Day to Remember. IN THE NME TENT. You are cruel. 

I will be a happy man the day Skrillex is back at R&L. His older stuff has aged very poorly but Recess was good, Doompy Poomp in particular. A bit of a rarity at UK fests too.

Apparently he is working on a new album atm which is the main reason I considered adding him. If he drops it in the next year he'll probs be doing Creamfields anyway so he may as well do R+L (especially as he's done R+L before solo and with Jack U last year)

Is Linkin Park a possibility? I know exactly they might not be for the demographic of the festival now but with a new album which sounds more on the pop side plus the hits can't see why not they can pull something out the bag. 

Kendrick Lamar 

Linkin Park 

Imagine Dragons

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Blop

NqDIXUH.png

That'd be sweet, I'd get a weekend ticket. Expecting a big few years for The Amazons? HAIM to do a TDCC and do NME headline / 3rd Main in consecutive years?

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A Day to Remember > Florence and the Machine.

Ok then.

Makes about as much sense as Liam Gallagher before Muse :lol:.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A Day to Remember > Florence and the Machine.

Ok then.

Was that or Arctic Monkeys.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also don't reckon Kendrick will be co-headlining - by the time next year comes round he'll surely be big enough to do it alone?

Maybe, it was more of a case of shoehorning those two acts that I see headlining in.

Also I think people might be getting ahead of themselves with Kendrick. He's pretty mainstream popular and obviously we love him and critics love him, but there are much bigger rap acts out there that R+L have never called upon to headline. The only one they have had headline in twenty years happens to be the biggest one of all time.

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That'd be sweet, I'd get a weekend ticket. Expecting a big few years for The Amazons? HAIM to do a TDCC and do NME headline / 3rd Main in consecutive years?

Yeah I tried to make it weak to make it realistic, but that was boring and stupid so I jammed a load of repeats in there instead.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe, it was more of a case of shoehorning those two acts that I see headlining in.

Also I think people might be getting ahead of themselves with Kendrick. He's pretty mainstream popular and obviously we love him and critics love him, but there are much bigger rap acts out there that R+L have never called upon to headline. The only one they have had headline in twenty years happens to be the biggest one of all time.

If he continues his trend of barely playing the UK (although hopefully not) then his name alone would be enough I reckon, although looking pretty likely Royal Blood will be there/one of the headliners also so I guess it makes sense (unless they're with The 1975 or something, which must also be a pretty realistic possibility). 

Looks pretty shite with the odd tantalising act thrown in anyway so good job :P 

His name alone tho.. Kanye's name alone should be enough plus Jay and Drake's names but they haven't been given the slot. Doesn't really mean a deal. UK festivals are shit at booking hip hop acts as headliners. Anyways Festival Republic have a hip hop & R&B festival that will need a headliner more than R+L does so be thankful I'm predicting him there at all. :P

The 1975 have said that they're gonna bring the new album out in summer 2018 so I guess they are in the running but they could probably do well to give it a few more months and have a summer off. If that doesn't happen naturally of course w/ album delays.

EDIT: just realised I put Palace in twice above. Can't edit now. Ah well.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Blop

NqDIXUH.png

Slaves seems to be placed pretty low there. Considering they are higher up the bill than NBT at Community I can't see them being kicked down that far surely. I mean I know NBT are recording a new album but they can't leapfrog them can they?

Other than that it looks pretty sweeeeet

Just now, Matt42 said:

Haim back again?

I mean tis good but I think Kendrick will outright headline... also Florence would be sick

Haim will be back. Just in time for that new album! :P

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Slaves seems to be placed pretty low there. Considering they are higher up the bill than NBT at Community I can't see them being kicked down that far surely. I mean I know NBT are recording a new album but they can't leapfrog them can they?

Yeah I expect NBT to keep going upwards whereas Slaves look to be on the slide. It's only a bit of incline/decline anyway following last year's positions.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Glad.

Did nobody bat an eyelid at the Friendly Fires shout? Supposed to be doing a new record and the debut will be (ugh) 10 next year. Would that work as a booking for R+L in 2018? 

They were the first thing I was I was drawn to on the poster. I just don't think enough people will still give a shit in 2018 if they make a comeback. They've left it too long to capitalise on the hype they had behind them. Pala was what, 2011? 

I also think Kendrick will be more likely for Wireless or Glasto. 

Edited by Andre91

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They were the first thing I was I was drawn to on the poster. I just don't think enough people will still give a shit in 2018 if they make a comeback. They've left it too long to capitalise on the hype they had behind them. Pala was what, 2011? 

I also think Kendrick will be more likely for Wireless or Glasto. 

Yeah maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic. I was just sorta thinking Jamie T and The Wombats were big around the same time and I had dismissed the chance of a successful return of either of those after years in the wilderness but they both made huge comebacks. But then I'm sure there are comebacks by others that flopped so hard I can't remember them.

Glasto's not on next year but Wireless will be proper scratching around for headliners next year (they've probably even got to a point where it'd be overkill to book Skepta/BBK again :lol:) so it really wouldn't surprise me if FR booked Kdot for that instead.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic. I was just sorta thinking Jamie T and The Wombats were big around the same time and I had dismissed the chance of a successful return of either of those after years in the wilderness but they both made huge comebacks. But then I'm sure there are comebacks by others that flopped so hard I can't remember them.

Glasto's not on next year but Wireless will be proper scratching around for headliners next year (they've probably even got to a point where it'd be overkill to book Skepta/BBK again :lol:) so it really wouldn't surprise me if FR booked Kdot for that instead.

Bloc Party :( 

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that there's no Glasto. 

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Royal Blood just announced their new album coming this June. They must be a shoe in now for next year surely? Other than maybe if they do TRNSMT but with Kasabian this year R+L have showed they're willing to share headliners

Yeah, a secret set this year followed by either a sub, co-headline or headline spot next year. Not a chance R&L are going to skip them on this album cycle. I'm guessing we're going to probably have a repeat of the 'are Foals big enough to headline' debate all over again but will Royal Blood this time. Can't wait.

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah, a secret set this year followed by either a sub, co-headline or headline spot next year. Not a chance R&L are going to skip them on this album cycle. I'm guessing we're going to probably have a repeat of the 'are Foals big enough to headline' debate all over again but will Royal Blood this time. Can't wait.

Depending on how well this year sells I think will depend on if they believe they can get away with booking a strong set of 3 again or they need to book a weaker day and enhance throughout. I'll go with sub but co-headline wouldn't shock me.