Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Considering Royal Blood just got announced as the headliner for the second stage of R1's Big Weekend this year, they could definitely pull off headlining/co-headlining next year.

To put that in perspective, last years second stage headliners were Biffy (who headlined last year) and BMTH (who people are already predicting to headline next year)

BBC Big Weekend placings aren't relevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh Matt. Never change.

That tour right before Glastonbury tho - they've got more surprising undercard acts this year so who knows?

edit: also re: the above post, Gazza's right about the relevance of R1BW placements. I'm not considering Plan B to be looking at headlining festivals and he's playing the equivalent slot.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

Paramore/Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters would be a great set for R&L.

Kendrick would be better but I reckon they'll have him at Wireless instead.

Edit:

Paramore/Royal Blood, Wolf Alice

Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy or BBK

Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots

Edited by Will-2609

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf they're not gonna get Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys - the two biggest bands they could book - in the same year.

I wouldn't really see it as that much bigger than Eminem and Muse. Eminem is probably a bit bigger than both and Muse a bit smaller. Especially if it's alongside a weaker headliner than Kasabian (ie. just Royal Blood on their own).

Of the two I could see Arctic Monkeys giving it a miss and just hitting up Wembley Stadium instead, although it may make more sense to hit festivals first and then stadiums the following Summer.

I don't think it's the best thing Paramore have ever released....though nothing has been since they left Brand New Eyes and before but that single screams out Reading headliner, the kids will bloody lap it up!

Can't see them being booked for Download at all off of that so for me atm I think Paramore, BMTH and RB. Paramore are way far enough from rock and on the pop scene now for it to happen. Tbf there isn't even an attempt to stick by rock with it.

Either Download get BMTH and Reading have a co-headliner or Royal Blood sub next year, my take anyway.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I wouldn't really see it as that much bigger than Eminem and Muse. Eminem is probably a bit bigger than both and Muse a bit smaller. Especially if it's alongside a weaker headliner than Kasabian (ie. just Royal Blood on their own).

Of the two I could see Arctic Monkeys giving it a miss and just hitting up Wembley Stadium instead, although it may make more sense to hit festivals first and then stadiums the following Summer.

Those two on the launch of new albums would be much bigger than Muse at the start of a new tour, never mind the arse end of this one.

I think theres precedent of Arctic Monkeys doing big gigs (TITP, Finsbury x2) and Reading the same year so Wembley and R+L could work easily. Foos look to be doing what you say about festivals then stadiums the following summer, in my eyes, so I think they'll skip and perhaps do R+L the following year to end the tour. Works best way around for Arctics to do Glasto as well.

Paramore/Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters would be a great set for R&L.

Kendrick would be better but I reckon they'll have him at Wireless instead.

Edit:

Paramore/Royal Blood, Wolf Alice

Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy or BBK

Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots

You really think Stormzy is good enough for subheadlining? I could see him playing 3rd down or headlining the NME but it seems like such a push to move him that high up even given how good his album was.

Liam Gallagher is subbing this year.

I guess but he at least has the pedigree behind him. Compare it to last year where BBK played 4th down, and that includes Skepta and JME who have maaaany albums behind them (plus many well fed lions). I'm not sure I can see him jumping up that high :L Compared to Bastille and Royal Blood after their debuts and they played 3rd down at R+L I just kinda expect that would be more likely. Maybe someone like Tame Impala subbing that day with Stormzy 3rd down would be more likely imo. If they want a subheadline level act thats rap/hip-hop based they'd just get Chance.

Especially when you also have Wolf Alice subing who I also would say is quite weak (but kinda gets away with it due to the coheadline).

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Jawbreaker a reunion that means much in the context of R+L?

C9x-Z4qXgAEDvKT.jpg:large

Had to look up who they were and I feel like I'm probably more clued up than a decent percentage of R&L attendees (trying to word this is a non snobby way but struggling), so I would assume not. Will have to check them out though if they're alongside those two headliners.

a lot of people predicting Paramore & Arctics to play, but remember they both headlined in 2014. Don't think they'd get 2 headliners to headline again the same time just 4 years later. at this point i'd predict Paramore, Kendrick & Foos. Possibly substitute Foos for Royal Blood if this album goes down well and get some decent undercards as well.

30 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

a lot of people predicting Paramore & Arctics to play, but remember they both headlined in 2014. Don't think they'd get 2 headliners to headline again the same time just 4 years later. at this point i'd predict Paramore, Kendrick & Foos. Possibly substitute Foos for Royal Blood if this album goes down well and get some decent undercards as well.

Yeah it's happened before

30 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

a lot of people predicting Paramore & Arctics to play, but remember they both headlined in 2014. 

4/5 of 2015's headliners played in 2013. Only one of them headlined but I don't imagine getting Paramore and Foos back would be any issue.

If the Arctics are planning to do Glasto I could see them just doing their own shows (maybe TRNSMT included) and then Glastonbury in 2019 as peeps have already mentioned

Paramore, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood would work equally as well

Edited by Matt42

37 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Reading won't book Paramore, Kendrick and Royal Blood as a headliner trio next year.....there isn't a chance of it.

Arctics I imagine will be booked by TRNSMT, of not just do their own Scotland date with other own shows. Glasto 2019 for their UK Festival return I think.

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

4/5 of 2015's headliners played in 2013. Only one of them headlined but I don't imagine getting Paramore and Foos back would be any issue.

There wouldn't because Paramore didn't headline that year.