Galantis // Weezer

Florence // London Grammar // Stormzy // Enter Shikari // Babymetal 

Skepta // Rag n Bone Man 

1975 // Catfish // Chainsmokers // Wolf Alice // Halestorm

All time Low // Bowling for soup

Is that Bowling For Soup for the NME Tent? Seems legit 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

All Time Nope. They're doing a YMAS and stepping down to academies only to not actually sell them out.

They're talking about how they're excited at the prospect of playing stadiums soon. Hilarious. Can't see how ATL or YMA6 continue to move up festival bills or venues, just don't seem like bands that will gain more fans especially as their own fans get older and get bored. They're not cool enough to attract a new audience as they're known as kids bands. 

14 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

The 1975/Kendrick Lamar / Boy Better Know

Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots / BearFur

Foo Fighters / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice

BearFur deserve the bump up to headline/co-headline IMO.

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Kendrick is surely too big to sub now 

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think he's got him as a co-headliner rather than a sub, although I think he could/should easily be able to headline outright with his next album.

Yeah sorry should have made that clearer, it is a co-headline.

Yeah he probably could tbf there are just quite a lot of likely looking options for next year imo so tried to cram four in.

14 minutes ago, Odessa said:

One or two aside (mainly The Cure/Sigur Ros) this isn't even a dream Reading lineup but a dream Download lineup. 

It may look that way at first glance, but actually more of those bands have played Reading (23) than Download (21) since 2003. All three headliners have done Reading but never Download. I haven't counted up the number of appearances from each band, but I suspect the totals would lean in Reading's favour too.

Not only that, but I don't think there's a single band on that poster that wouldn't fit in (at a stretch, perhaps) at Reading, whereas like you said there are several that probably wouldn't work at all for Download.

7 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

It may look that way at first glance, but actually more of those bands have played Reading (23) than Download (21) since 2003. All three headliners have done Reading but never Download. I haven't counted up the number of appearances from each band, but I suspect the totals would lean in Reading's favour too.

Not only that, but I don't think there's a single band on that poster that wouldn't fit in (at a stretch, perhaps) at Reading, whereas like you said there are several that probably wouldn't work at all for Download.

Yeah but Reading 2003 isn't close to the same festival as 2018. Bands like Alice in Chains and Jane's Addiction wouldn't fit in at all and would surely get pitiful crowds, just not worth thinking about even on a dream lineup imo. But you know yourself it's not a likely lineup so I dunno what I'm criticising it for haha. It's a shame there appears to be no Deftones this year but I'm seeing them in May anyway so not too bad for me at least.

Edited by Odessa

There's a few acts like RTJ, Shikari, Neck Deep and Creeper who I've included, providing they don't play this year. And a closing set from JAUZ or some other dance act who will blow up within the next year. I actually quite like him. 

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Wolf Alice / Metronomy / Sum 41 / Deaf Havana / Temples / DMA's / Waterparks 

The Chainsmokers

Bring Me The Horizon / Twenty One Pilots / Enter Shikari / Run The Jewels / Neck Deep / Creeper / Manchester Orchestra / Knuckle Puck / Code Orange 

Stormzy

Foo Fighters / Tame Impala / Panic! at the Disco / Jack Garratt / Don Broco / Nothing But Thieves / Milk Teeth / Black Peaks / Puppy

JAUZ (closing set) / All Time Low

Edited by Andre91

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There's a few acts like RTJ, Shikari, Neck Deep and Creeper who I've included, providing they don't play this year. And a closing set from JAUZ or some other dance act who will blow up within the next year. I actually quite like him. 

Royal Blood / Boy Better Know / Wolf Alice / Metronomy / Sum 41 / Deaf Havana / Temples / DMA's / Waterparks 

The Chainsmokers

Bring Me The Horizon / Twenty One Pilots / Enter Shikari / Run The Jewels / Neck Deep / Creeper / Manchester Orchestra / Knuckle Puck / Code Orange 

Stormzy

Foo Fighters / Tame Impala / Panic! at the Disco / Jack Garratt / Don Broco / Nothing But Thieves / Milk Teeth / Black Peaks / Puppy

JAUZ (closing set) / All Time Low

Ahhh shit you've just made me realise Metronomy are missing this year. Hopefully their slots at the likes of Liverpool Sound City means that R&L have had to hold them back for now.

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Stormzy, Foster The People, Don Broco
Tenacious D, Tyler, The Creator

THE KILLERS, Swedish House Mafia, Zack de la Rocha, Christine & The Queens, Killswitch Engage
Kygo (Closing Set), Vampire Weekend

BRING ME THE HORIZON & ROYAL BLOOD, Twenty One Pilots, Run The Jewels, Mastodon
Schoolboy Q, Death From Above 1979

Edited by JSmurphy