Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah and Foos probably just don't wanna play Download. Besides, its the same company as R+L so they could offer similar amounts surely? Foos might dip out for stadiums but if there's any fest next year it'll be R+L I reckz. They'll definitely be 'still' around as it'll be the first summer promoting the new album. :P

Think BMTH could quite easily do Download instead as that place needs new headliners - tho I think QOTSA will play it too.

Yeah I keep forgetting R&L and Download aren't in direct competition for bookings. It just seems like a booking that'd make a lot of sense from FR's perspective - a massive headliner that's yet to play the festival (Download), and after their mammoth R&L set including that great Nirvana monologue I dunno where they could go from there. I guess with R&L's turnover of attendees and with some new material it wouldn't be an issue. I'd love for R&L to get BMTH and Download end up with something like Foos, Metallica & QOTSA.

I also remember hearing a few rumours that MCR's re-release of The Black Parade was in part an effort to gauge interest in the band. I think everyone, including the band, was a little surprised about how fervent the response was. Nothing to substantiate this of course but I imagine R&L being keen to get them signed up whenever their return does happen.

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well Zac Farrow has put a pic up saying I'm back so I reckon they have a big chance of doing it next year. For the fest, Paramore, BMTH and FF would sell very well. 

I don't think all of those would headline in the same year. I can see Download going for Paramore. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don't think all of those would headline in the same year. I can see Download going for Paramore. 

I can see it but I don't think they'll get them over Reading. I do admit that all 3 in the same year is a bit unlikely....but then all the 3 of the top this year on Sunday a 3 year repeated booking so who knows. Either way I think Met/LP is on, it'll be 4 years since LP have done it and the fest doesn't really have a lot to go for that seem to be eager to play atm that stops it being them and 4 years is about the max time away, they tend to cover a couple of years early Europe when they do it. If they are still around next year then Pendulum subbing them would be a good move and they loved Download.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I love Paramore so it'd be great to have them back! 

I'm split because last album wasn't great and after seeing them indoors I don't think it'll get better, seen them 07, 10, 12  and arena now. FF won't bother me after Glasto this year nor BMTH so those potential two are a no. Depends what the album sounded like I guess.

Just now, callum97 said:

Is he still producing music?

:lol: I was just typing up a response saying that he'd fallen off the map and 3rd would be way too high but you worded it better than I did.

But yeah unless he puts out an album this year that does well and is actually good then I don't really see it. Hasn't really carried on upwards since Odd Future wound down.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

:lol: I was just typing up a response saying that he'd fallen off the map and 3rd would be way too high but you worded it better than I did.

But yeah unless he puts out an album this year that does well and is actually good then I don't really see it. Hasn't really carried on upwards since Odd Future wound down.

Haha yeah Tyler who? But yeah really don't know what he's up to but can't see him play 3rd down on mainstage unless he manages to release a really successful album in the next year which i highly doubt. 

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Paramore have confirmed they will tour later this year, I'm calling a R&L headline spot alongside Foo's and BMTH at this point.

That's brilliant news. Yeah that seems an agreeable prediction at this point. 

Is there anything ruling out Guns N' Roses returning to Europe next summer for some festivals?

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That's brilliant news. Yeah that seems an agreeable prediction at this point. 

Is there anything ruling out Guns N' Roses returning to Europe next summer for some festivals?

I just don't see Download getting Paramore over R&L.

If still together my Download prediction would be Metallica, LP and GNR. Download is the only one I can see get them if BST don't chuck more money at them. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore for Download, I think. Along with A7X and Metallica. 

As for R&L, BMTH, Foo Fighters and someone else more indie. 

I think you are stretching it massively to think that A7X are going to be booked next year to headline, the album will have been out ages and the time kind of past.....little bit like BMTH for this year.

That Download trio wont sell well imo. And also, don't make me have to go Download to see them!

Edited by thewayiam

19 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Paramore, Foos and BMTH as a trio would get a hell of a lot of flack on their social media

... and what fools they would be! :lol: I think it's a solid trio. Goes without saying for Foos. BMTH are an inevitable booking, not my thing but I know a load of people who are massive fans and I guess they're only an album away. if even that. Paramore are divisive but they smashed their co-headline slot last time. It sounds unexceptional on YouTube but to be in the crowd, it was a nice moment. 

I was surprised how negatively Kasabian were received after their announcement. I couldn't help at laugh at this thought - a tweet to R&L immediately after Korn were announced: 

smh.PNG

Edited by JSmurphy
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think you are stretching it massively to think that A7X are going to be booked next year to headline, the album will have been out ages and the time kind of past.....little bit like BMTH for this year.

That Download trio wont sell well imo. And also, don't make me have to go Download to see them!

Well I've heard that Sevenfold were all booked and set to headline this year but dropped out for whatever reason. And also on their tour, Shadows said that they will be back over here next summer and DL is the only place I can see them playing unless it's more of their own shows. I still think it'd be a good booking if they stay away from the UK until then. The Stage is a great album and their tour was really well received. 

The reason I see Paramore doing Download is because of the hugely positive reaction to the lineup this year due to the amount of younger bands being booked for the top two stages and the Avalanche Stage. If they continue with that sort of booking then Paramore make all the sense in the world to pull in even more of that Slam Dunk / R&L a few years ago crowd. 

Kendrick Lamar / Pendulum co-headline for R&L?  

Edited by Andre91

19 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The headliners aren't going to be Paramore, Foos and BMTH. Have you seen the clientele at R&L these days?

Foo Fighters, BMTH and then one or two of The 1975, Kendrick Lamar, Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala (probably only AM that I could see headlining alone out of those).

Hmm I don't really see why BMTH would have to be a standalone headliner when you couldn't see the likes of Royal Blood, Kendrick Lamar and The 1975 headlining alone. Even the act I left out played considerably higher at last year's Glasto. I think FR would be better off promoting them at Download before R+L, personally.

w/ the Foo Fighters shouts; aren't they likely to be doing stadiums next year given they're doing loads of festivals this year and bringing an album out in between? Can see both them and Arctics doing stadiums or huge outdoor shows and giving R+L a miss.