See Coach times up?

Andeeroo

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I've just checked mine from Southampton is 1500 on Thursday and 1530 on Monday. I'm going to ask them for earlier coach times for sure. Will there be any room camping? We have a 6 man tent. Doh!

I arrived about 4pm Thursday last year and Pylons camping area had loads of room. Never camped there before, but glad I did, was happy with the location. Dont worry about your return coach time - you should be able to get on an earlier one. Pylons is quite close to the coach drop off too.

10 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I've just checked mine from Southampton is 1500 on Thursday and 1530 on Monday. I'm going to ask them for earlier coach times for sure. Will there be any room camping? We have a 6 man tent. Doh!

Plenty of room camping - Darble, Pylon Ground, Rivermead, Bushy Ground will have space a plenty.

The coach back should be easy enough to get a seat on an earlier one, the coach there would be impossible to get changed as your tickets are on the coach. 

16 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

I arrived about 4pm Thursday last year and Pylons camping area had loads of room. Never camped there before, but glad I did, was happy with the location. Dont worry about your return coach time - you should be able to get on an earlier one. Pylons is quite close to the coach drop off too.

I'm hoping for either Pylons or Darble. At those times I can't see us getting in until well after 6 though. So hoping there will still be room.

12 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

The coach back should be easy enough to get a seat on an earlier one, the coach there would be impossible to get changed as your tickets are on the coach. 

I thought I read somewhere that someone had been successful in contacting SEE and changing their departure coach time. Maybe I was just imagining it though as I'm struggling to function at the moment with flu.

1 hour ago, Kay95 said:

mine only shows on the mobile site and with the deposit booking ref, not the balance payment ref... (sorry if you've already tried that)

You're a wonderful person! I've been checking regularly throughout each day since the start of this thread with my balance payment reference not the deposit booking reference. Seen this and checked with my deposit reference and straight away came up with mine. Wednesday 8am from Liverpool, return 10.30am on the Monday! Couldn't have really asked for better! Excitement has increased now massively 

14 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

thanks! 6am from Liverpool going there but 7.30 am coming back, how strict are they coming back do you reckon I'll be able to jump on a later one ? I plan on still being at stone circle at 7.30am Monday morning :lol:

On the Monday, those wanting to get an earlier See Tickets coach vs those wanting to go later equal themselves out, which is why they tend to just do a turn up and queue and you are on the next one departing. Lots of people dont even use the return coaches. you'll be fine, unless it is the last coach, and there are more people than seats! Then I think they would check who is meant to be on that bus. 

1 minute ago, jumbomcnutt said:

On the Monday, those wanting to get an earlier See Tickets coach vs those wanting to go later equal themselves out, which is why they tend to just do a turn up and queue and you are on the next one departing. Lots of people dont even use the return coaches. you'll be fine, unless it is the last coach, and there are more people than seats! Then I think they would check who is meant to be on that bus. 

Ah thanks! was not looking forward to a 7.30 AM coach journey after watching the sun rise at stone circle, hopefully we won't get stranded and left behind :rofl:

1 hour ago, ourkid1984 said:

I'm hoping for either Pylons or Darble. At those times I can't see us getting in until well after 6 though. So hoping there will still be room.

I thought I read somewhere that someone had been successful in contacting SEE and changing their departure coach time. Maybe I was just imagining it though as I'm struggling to function at the moment with flu.

Will still be room in both - everyone still tries to go to the popular campsite. I recall drunkenly helping someone to find a spot in Park Home despite my efforts to tell them it isn't possible on a Thursday evening!

I could be wrong about Seecoaches, you may have some luck but from experience the coaches there are always full without an empty seat spare. Just get the feeling they may be asked that question a lot and the likely outcome is that you're on the allocated coach.

8 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

Ah thanks! was not looking forward to a 7.30 AM coach journey after watching the sun rise at stone circle, hopefully we won't get stranded and left behind :rofl:

In fairness, the last couple of years I have left site early to avoid being caught it to much traffic. We pulled an all nighter last year and caught the 7.30am coach. We packed all our stuff on the Sunday and kept what we needed for the night etc and collected on route to the coach - wasn't to bad. Had a sleep on the coach home :)

1 hour ago, ourkid1984 said:

I emailed a month or 2 back requesting our group to be put on the first coach available and they put us on it. My friends going from Leeds tried the same and were told no it'll be randomly assigned. I think it just depends on who replies to your email. It is definitely too late to request a change on departure coach now though as they would of been assigned already (well most of them anyway)

33 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

thanks! 6am from Liverpool going there but 7.30 am coming back, how strict are they coming back do you reckon I'll be able to jump on a later one ? I plan on still being at stone circle at 7.30am Monday morning :lol:

A guy emailed specifically about return coaches to Liverpool and was told he could get any back regardless of what it said on the ticket. I think the times were 7.30, 10 30, 1 and 3

1 minute ago, sheffieldlady said:

Will still be room in both - everyone still tries to go to the popular campsite. I recall drunkenly helping someone to find a spot in Park Home despite my efforts to tell them it isn't possible on a Thursday evening!

I could be wrong about Seecoaches, you may have some luck but from experience the coaches there are always full without an empty seat spare. Just get the feeling they may be asked that question a lot and the likely outcome is that you're on the allocated coach.

In fairness, the last couple of years I have left site early to avoid being caught it to much traffic. We pulled an all nighter last year and caught the 7.30am coach. We packed all our stuff on the Sunday and kept what we needed for the night etc and collected on route to the coach - wasn't to bad. Had a sleep on the coach home :)

I do remember last year breaking my phone so I couldn't get in touch with the people who organised my coach so was lucky enough to bump into a friend who was camping close by just by chance, jumped on their coach and it was empty. We were supposed to leave at 10 but didn't actually leave til 2, good job it was a scorcher on the Monday so weren't waiting round in no rain 

1 minute ago, EFC1996 said:

I do remember last year breaking my phone so I couldn't get in touch with the people who organised my coach so was lucky enough to bump into a friend who was camping close by just by chance, jumped on their coach and it was empty. We were supposed to leave at 10 but didn't actually leave til 2, good job it was a scorcher on the Monday so weren't waiting round in no rain 

I remember the weather on Monday - mainly because the heater on the coach was stuck on. I have never felt so horrible before - usually it isn't to bad, at that heat plus a heater plus many people who haven't showered = long coach journey home.

So long as you know the leaving times of the return coaches you shouldn't have a problem getting back! Fingers crossed for awesome weather this festival and a coach with air con!

3 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I remember the weather on Monday - mainly because the heater on the coach was stuck on. I have never felt so horrible before - usually it isn't to bad, at that heat plus a heater plus many people who haven't showered = long coach journey home.

So long as you know the leaving times of the return coaches you shouldn't have a problem getting back! Fingers crossed for awesome weather this festival and a coach with air con!

The smell of stale farm and strongbow :rofl: Got everything crossed for nice weather this year, too! 

1 hour ago, EFC1996 said:

Did you get your ticket in October? Our friend managed to get a ticket and coach package in the resale but he hasn't got his time yet. He is also travelling from Liverpool.

1 minute ago, AmyShambles said:

Did you get your ticket in October? Our friend managed to get a ticket and coach package in the resale but he hasn't got his time yet. He is also travelling from Liverpool.

Yeah I got my ticket in October, well a friend got it for me, then I got their ticket in the resale and they haven't had their times yet so I'm guessing their times will follow shortly. 

I've been allocated a 15.00 coach back to Manchester on the Monday  but need to be home much earlier than that. I'm looking at getting on one of the first to leave site. Does anyone who has already been given their time know when these first departures set off?

Somthing around the 5/6 am time would be ideal

Edited by justperfect

33 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I've been allocated a 15.00 coach back to Manchester on the Monday  but need to be home much earlier than that. I'm looking at getting on one of the first to leave site. Does anyone who has already been given their time know when these first departures set off?

Somthing around the 5/6 am time would be ideal

We've got 6:30am on the Monday back to Manchester which we won't be getting on.

4 hours ago, theDandy said:

You're a wonderful person! I've been checking regularly throughout each day since the start of this thread with my balance payment reference not the deposit booking reference. Seen this and checked with my deposit reference and straight away came up with mine. Wednesday 8am from Liverpool, return 10.30am on the Monday! Couldn't have really asked for better! Excitement has increased now massively 

Same coach times for me too! Well happy with the early departure from Liverpool.

54 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I can finally see mine :D

Weds 06:00 and Mon 09:30 (Reading).

I don't mind the early one on Monday (had the same last year) as we tend to take it a lot easier on the Sunday and go to bed at a reasonable time (1ish).

Just push through the Sunday night, Tom!

I'm an 8.30am coach back on the Monday and can't see myself going to bed...

Ben