new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

3 hours ago, iamsam said:

Hi everyone,

Very long-time lurker and have finally signed-up and decided to stop being so shy. Have also joined as a gold member to say thank you for the moral support over the years.

I finally managed to get tickets this morning and brought to an end a very stressful wait since 2019. I've been very fortunate not to have missed a Glasto since my first in 2004 and the thought of not going this year was unbearable.

On the Sunday night in 2004 I was pretty broken - I'd lost all of my mates, was out of money and my phone was dead. I was hanging about near the big tree at the top of the Pyramid field when a lady turned to me and asked "are you on your own?". When I replied "yes", she gave me a four pack of beer, a place to sit and some Haribo. That kindness is what made me fall in love with the place and I'm absolutely over the moon to be heading back.

Sam

Nice one Sam. 

Hope you have a ball in June. And if you see anybody in the same boat as you were in 2004, do the same for them. 🙂

• Like 1

I’m Lora! I had an excellent run going to the festival every year from 2014-2017. I’ve kind of lurked on here since I was trying to luck out on competition tickets back in 2019.

I had my first ever booking page in October 2019 but one of my so called mates had a ticket booked for him by another group (bastard) so our chances were slim until this morning, when another mate managed to sort four of us out! We’re coming back!!!

17 hours ago, LoraMaze said:

I’m Lora! I had an excellent run going to the festival every year from 2014-2017. I’ve kind of lurked on here since I was trying to luck out on competition tickets back in 2019.

I had my first ever booking page in October 2019 but one of my so called mates had a ticket booked for him by another group (bastard) so our chances were slim until this morning, when another mate managed to sort four of us out! We’re coming back!!!

Hello Lora,

Well, you got the result you wanted - eventually! 

Have a great festival.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LoraMaze said:

Good that you’ve had a Lora Lora luck and welcome 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker on the forums, but this year will be my tenth Glastonbury.

I first attended in 1999 and my highlight was Burning Spear on the Jazz World stage. My last trip to Worthy Farm was back in 2017 and I have been looking forward to returning ever since.

It's been a long wait since getting tickets for the festival back in October 2019 - I am tremendously excited!

Tash

Welcome Tash.

Hope you have great festival.

Now is the first time I have heard Burning Spear. Fab music. Fab festival music. 🙂

Long time lurker, infrequent poster returning! 

After missing out in the first sale and the past 2 years of everything, I'd put glastonbury to the back of my mind, somehow a mate got through in the resale for just the 2 of us! 

Going to be a massively different festival as I've usually gone in groups of 10+

Can't wait to be back in the field. 

Edited by Lithoniel
Spelling.

Hello friends, I've lurked here for a long time and may now be inclined to post if I can be useful. Went to my first Glastonbury in 2002 as a fresh and naive 17-year-old. We spent way more time at the main stages than I now think is appropriate but this year will be my twentieth anniversary and I've learned a few things. 

Off the top of my head I think I've missed three by choice or circumstance in that time. 2003 we missed tickets because we'd assumed it would be a slow sell-out like the previous year; I couldn't face 2008 after the relentless rain in 2007; and 2016 we just didn't get lucky with tickets. 

Hi All, 

Not really a newbie at all, have been on Efestivals forums since 2003, but have recently been back and visiting as we're off to Glastonbury for the first time since 97

In fact, my little sofa buddy in my profile pic is now coming with the wife and I with her younger sister (now 15 and 12 respectively) Time flies.

Was very quickly reminded just how frickin useful this forum is, so thanks all for your contributions.

1 hour ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Thanks and you too! 🙂

Burning Spear is great! I highly recommend checking out his releases on Island Records from the late 1970s if you enjoy roots reggae (Marcus Garvey and Dry & Heavy are my personal favourites). He is approaching 80-years-old now and rarely gigs in Europe these days, sadly.

Hello Tash,

I had already made a note to listen a bit more intently to Burning Spear, but haven't got around to listening further. Unfortunately my ability to keep order, and on top of things has failed me. That means that there is no guarantee that I'll ever hear them 

And now I have to add Marcus Garvey and Dry & Heavy!?

OK, I give in - I will listen to all three. However, it'll not be too imminent, as I'm going away for a few days from Friday, so will pick it up again after that.

Thanks for the suggestions. 🙂

Hey guys!

Great to be back on the board - I managed to get tickets in the resale and absolutely buzzing about it, back for a fifth time!

I remember following the weather thread in 2019 and it was such a thrill. Really hoping that this year is a less wild ride and we know further in advance that we are going to have good weather 🤞

Excited to get excited with you all.

On 4/21/2016 at 6:07 PM, Mr_Egregious said:

I have spent far too many hours lurking on this forum, with only a couple of posts last year. So I resolved to at least double my post count this time around...

This year will be my second, had an incredible time last year.

Hi everyone, I came for the spotify playlist and decided to stay for the rumours/speculation/general excitement. Relative Glasto newcomer, my first was in 2015 and I've been going back ever since. Nice to find a place where people are as excited about it as I am (my friends love it, but they're not in love with it, you know?)

Got resale tickets on Sunday!!! Yahoo! So I'll be joining you at the party people! Finally coming back to Worthy Farm for the first time since 2013 which was my first Glasto. 9 years of trying pahaha! Now I've gone into hyperfixation mode and it's all I can think about so I couldn't resist any longer and thought I'd join in the chat 🤣. I'm obsessed with the festival, many stories from my dad's experiences as well from back in the 80s and 90s. PLUS it will be my birthday on the Friday 24th June... EPIC! 34 never looked so good 🙌🏼 Enjoy the preparation everyone!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Gigpusher said:

Hello efestivalers! Long time lurker round these parts and finally persuaded by @gigpusherto (re)join (was a member years ago).

See you all on the farm in June for the 8th time 🙂

Stephen x

Very modest with your introduction… so I will add … one very big reason why efests got up and running again 

On 4/1/2022 at 12:07 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Got resale tickets on Sunday!!! Yahoo! So I'll be joining you at the party people! Finally coming back to Worthy Farm for the first time since 2013 which was my first Glasto. 9 years of trying pahaha! Now I've gone into hyperfixation mode and it's all I can think about so I couldn't resist any longer and thought I'd join in the chat 🤣. I'm obsessed with the festival, many stories from my dad's experiences as well from back in the 80s and 90s. PLUS it will be my birthday on the Friday 24th June... EPIC! 34 never looked so good 🙌🏼 Enjoy the preparation everyone!

Welcome, you sound excited😉!

Hi, another very long time lurker who decided to participate. First Glasto was 2010 and every year since except for 2019 (no tickets). I've been going to festivals since... 1998 I think. Mostly European stuff. When festivals were a weird thing to do, on this side of the channel that is!

I am posting now as well because let's face it, I got tickets in the resale because of the advice of not giving up. So I apologies if I got tickets from someone whose payments didn't go through, or who is a bottlegate victim.

My favourite things at Glastonbury are the fact that there's something for everyone at anytime. OK I am lying. THE FOOD. THE CIDER BUS.

I can't name favourite shows... Did have a blast in the front at Dolly Parton though!

Worst memory: U2 complaining about jetlag when we were all mudded in. That will teach me to go see a band just as a bucket list thing.

Artist I am gutted to have missed: Mary J Blige.

Long time lurker! Avoided this forum since October 2019 as I didn't secure a ticket, and the FOMO was just too bad. A friend thankfully secured me a ticket in the resale recently though so I'm back on here and looking forward to being a lot more active in the lead up to the festival. 

The excitement levels are already so high, I'm going to be a mess by June!