Beverage Of Choice

Stooonami

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plastic bottles of vodka from the duty free in Dublin Airport, as many as I can get on the plane! If I want beer or cider Ill probably just buy pints. Because we won't have a car the logistics of getting to a supermarket and carrying loads of cans on top of everything else is probably too much. Plus after day one cans will be warm and manky anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Pineapple gin tastes fab - been in the jar for 2 months, I'm going to bottle it up this week.

Now, what's the best ratio of Kahlua and Vodka for white Russians - 1 part Kahlua, 2 parts Vodka? 

Decanted mine the other day, tastes fantastic as ever, I really enjoy it 

whatever you do don't eat the pineapple, it's not particularly pleasant from personal  experience 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Decanted mine the other day, tastes fantastic as ever, I really enjoy it 

whatever you do don't eat the pineapple, it's not particularly pleasant from personal  experience 

Thanks for the advice - I'll give them a gentle squeeze and leave it at that!!

Just now, hfuhruhurr said:

Thanks for the advice - I'll give them a gentle squeeze and leave it at that!!

Personally, I put the pineapple into a tall cylindrical tub, and squeeze it down with a masher, you get a fair bit of gin out of it. Also I use a sieve when transferring it about, as there tends to be a few bits in it

On 15 April 2016 at 0:44 PM, Stooonami said:

Hola all,

What will you all be taking into the festival as your tipple of choice for around the campsite etc?

I'm usually a cider drinker but of late it's been giving me terrible heart burn after.

Any recommendations other than doing two rennies on the head?!?

S

I suffer from heartburn (and it's a million times worse on the beer/cider) and I always take omeprozole in the morning if I know I'll be drinking. Always take it an hour or 2 before you start cos it prevents it rather than takes it away. I've never had a problem with booze related heartburn since lol. I get it off the doctor but you can buy it over the counter as well. One every morning for the duration of the festival and you should be able to drink cider until it's coming out your ears lol. 

37 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Re: Heartburn:

Years long sufferer. Only Nexium used to cut it for me. You can get it without a prescription now. Not for long term use.

My morning medication regime will include some preventative nexium this year! Add to paracetamol, ibuprofen, berocca, pseudoephedrine and a swig of brandy!

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
And some beconase !