Next Announcement thread

Matt42

Just to throw another idea into the mix. Could this mystery sub possibly be Carole King performing Tapestry? It would be in keeping with the strong female Lineup, a good match with Adele, playing Hyde Park the week after so hence lack of name on the poster and would very much be a special guest. 

Neil may well have more concrete info around Radiohead that he isn't disclosing but I don't think it's beyond possibility that the above could happen. (cue someone telling me she is exclusive to Hyde Park)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Just to throw another idea into the mix. Could this mystery sub possibly be Carole King performing Tapestry? It would be in keeping with the strong female Lineup, a good match with Adele, playing Hyde Park the week after so hence lack of name on the poster and would very much be a special guest. 

Neil may well have more concrete info around Radiohead that he isn't disclosing but I don't think it's beyond possibility that the above could happen. (cue someone telling me she is exclusive to Hyde Park)

She is an exclusive I think but Don Henley is her support act. I've everything crossed he makes an appearance. Any slot that doesn't clash with Adele is good for me

Leaving aside the Radiohead thing, how great is it that we're getting the line up 24 hours earlier than expected? Given it's already Friday and we were unlikely to get it over the weekend or on Monday anyway it basically means that we're getting it tomorrow. That's how I'm framing it in my head anyway.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

4 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

I may have missed it but has anyone heard anything about The Other stage opener?  If i remember correctly its been a secret set for the last few years.

It's James, they confirmed it to the BBC a few weeks back.

26 minutes ago, sophlamb said:

Right - it seems everyone is pretty confident that the sub is gonna be RH. Does that mean we have to stop clutching at our Kendrick straws and accept he isn't going to be there, or is there still a chance he'll be on another stage/time?

it's not impossible it'll be him instead of RH - I don't know either way, and I have more confidence that RH are playing than that they're playing in that particular slot.

But I do now think it's very likely it'll be RH in that slot.

If this does come to pass it's a canny way of them managing everyone's expectations.

They've probably got no wish to play the sort of hit-filled set that would emulate their previous performances, but if they headline and don't deliver the big hitting tunes that the majority of the public know then they'll disappoint a lot of people.

But if they don't headline then the pressure's off and they can play whatever they want.  Everyone's happy.

26 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

nope, I have nothing concrete apart from the original tip.

There's been a lot that's been suggestive tho, with that getting stronger in the last week or so - including something just now.

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Leaving aside the Radiohead thing, how great is it that we're getting the line up 24 hours earlier than expected? Given it's already Friday and we were unlikely to get it over the weekend or on Monday anyway it basically means that we're getting it tomorrow. That's how I'm framing it in my head anyway.

Do you watch Seinfeld per chance?

"It's only for three days. Today's over and we have tomorrow. We leave on Sunday. It's one day, really.

It's one day. Half a day, really. I mean you substract showers and meals, it's like twenty minutes."

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Do you watch Seinfeld per chance?

"It's only for three days. Today's over and we have tomorrow. We leave on Sunday. It's one day, really.

It's one day. Half a day, really. I mean you substract showers and meals, it's like twenty minutes."

Haha, yeah that's probably where I got it from actually.

As a quick aside I'm watching the Opera episode of Frasier at the moment, I'm in bits.

6 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Moving away from the Radiohead talk for a sec - what else could be announced? We've obviously got Beat Hotel and Stonebridge Bar - any others? Strummerville perhaps?

Strummerville are more of a chalk on the sandwich-board on the day kind of place I thought? probably quiet over a bank holiday unless there's something today...

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Oh really?

yup, just another thing saying they're playing, which may or may not be right. I'll probably only know for certain they're playing when they're announced, same as you

But for about the last week I've been pretty sure they'll be before Adele, just because so many titbits have been suggestive of that - and that was another one.

I've always been confident that my original source was much more likely to be right than wrong, tho that source has never given me a placing. They did say something which I took as suggestive as before Adele, tho that's always possibly been just an innocent question that I put that emphasis on. These are the sorts of things I've been trying to make sense of.

Edited by eFestivals

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'll back it up ... I had the same info passed to me yesterday, tho without the 'special guest' bit (so presumably your geezer is a different one to my own).

Special guests, eh? I wonder who that's going to be....?

If I were a betting man I'd say my money's on a band from Oxford.

I'm on the other football forum as well - all the lad said re the rumour was

"An interesting rumour doing the rounds about a "secret set" as well." nothing concrete

12 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

I'm on the other football forum as well - all the lad said re the rumour was

"An interesting rumour doing the rounds about a "secret set" as well." nothing concrete

ahh ... in which case that could have come from here, tho the announcement date/time couldn't have as far as I've seen.

Whatever, i've been pretty sure for the last week they're in that slot.

But, as I've kept saying: maybe they're not. I have nothing certain.