Jump to content
eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, incident said:

I'm not certain. but I think it might just be a stretched or updated version of the Blue Dot logo, rather than relating to any specific band.

I reverse image searched it and the bet fit was ‘the darkness’... so there you go, first headliner. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Memory Man said:

A few facebook comments are suggesting kraftwerk.

it looks like they’re correct. Strong booking if theyre sharing a headliner with sonar which is a much larger and more estabished event albeit not directly comparable

One of them was me. The colours are very 'Man Machine'-y. 

It's the most obvious booking possible for Blue Dot. Hope it comes off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well let's hope the Kraftwork dream comes true, I'm placing bets Prodigy will be there too as right size band and would go down well with the Dad's reliving their youth :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Well let's hope the Kraftwork dream comes true, I'm placing bets Prodigy will be there too as right size band and would go down well with the Dad's reliving their youth :D

Do you not think the Prodigy are a little toy town though for Bluedot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been informed that the Bluedot teaser with that logo in it had Geiger Counter by Kraftwerk playing in the background, so that'll be why people are taking it to mean Kraftwerk lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just been informed that the Bluedot teaser with that logo in it had Geiger Counter by Kraftwerk playing in the background, so that'll be why people are taking it to mean Kraftwerk lol.

It had A geiger counter playing in the background, I don’t think it was specifically the Kraftwerk intro. 

Combined with the red it does seem to suggest them, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, eastynh said:

Do you not think the Prodigy are a little toy town though for Bluedot?

I have no idea what that means lol but I still think they are a strong possibility tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I have no idea what that means lol but I still think they are a strong possibility tbh

i dont think they'd work for bluedot at all.

Plus Kraftwerk is your "big" headliner and they generally have one big one, one medium one and one smaller one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I have no idea what that means lol but I still think they are a strong possibility tbh

They are a bit too cartoon character imo for Jodrel Bank. Even during th he transmission days all the acts were a bit more serious. That's not to say the Prodigy would not be fantastic. I just don't think they fit the ethos of what has been before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm firmly in The Prodigy camp. They've moved on a lot from Charlie and Smacking Their Bitch Up!! 

The new album is well worth a listen! 

My other hopefuls would be Richard Ashcroft and I Portugal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although they have had at least one fairly new artist headlining every year, I'll go big and go

New Order / Suede / Kraftwerk

Suede play Penn Fest on the Friday so would make sense. Altern8 would be good from that line up too.

Outside bets to be on the bill would be Pet Shop Boys (as a headliner), Sparks and the Human League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMD, Kraftwerk, M83

May swap one with Doves or Elbow , Groove Armada, Human League, maybe...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Oh boy I like that. 

Give us a good alt-rock/indie band and that’s a dreamboat. 

Hope they’ve booked the Metronomies too 

Metronomy would make my day if booked!!! Really excited about announcement tomorrow (plus Leeds are announcing too) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eastynh said:

They are a bit too cartoon character imo for Jodrel Bank. Even during th he transmission days all the acts were a bit more serious. That's not to say the Prodigy would not be fantastic. I just don't think they fit the ethos of what has been before.

Maybe not but you never know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraftwerk 3D show just confirmed for Saturday night on 6Music. 

Anniversary of the moon landing is a theme for this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Kraftwerk 3D show just confirmed for Saturday night on 6Music. 

Anniversary of the moon landing is a theme for this year. 

did they? Damn, was still listening to R1 from the Reading/Leeds announcement.

6music weren'rt meant to do bluedot till 8.40.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

did they? Damn, was still listening to R1 from the Reading/Leeds announcement.

6music weren'rt meant to do bluedot till 8.40.

 

Well they did it in the music news at 7:40 instead. 

Got me worried I imagined the whole thing now though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...