Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

Hi all,

First time poster here, been a while since ive last attended a festival!! Glastonbury 2010 it was, had the time of my life. Had a day tickets for a couple of festivals since but not a full visit up until Bluedot this year!

Really excited about this one now, looking forward to Booka Shade and the Chem brothers, being a dance music nut. Also looking forward to hearing new stuff from others i dont know about. Looks like lots of interesting stuff here too

What the searches like here as looking to take a little personal package of goodies ?

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, leighavfc said:

Hi all,

First time poster here, been a while since ive last attended a festival!! Glastonbury 2010 it was, had the time of my life. Had a day tickets for a couple of festivals since but not a full visit up until Bluedot this year!

Really excited about this one now, looking forward to Booka Shade and the Chem brothers, being a dance music nut. Also looking forward to hearing new stuff from others i dont know about. Looks like lots of interesting stuff here too

What the searches like here as looking to take a little personal package of goodies ?

you won't have any problems I wouldnt have thought. Generally speaking now any searches at the entrance are just looking for stuff you're not meant to have like glass and other larger banned items.

As for from campsite to the arena they just want you to show your wristband and will look in any bags you have. other than that nothing in terms of pat down etc.

I would just say that its not really that kind of festival and there are usually kids around at all times apart from after the headliners, so obviously its just a case of being discreet. Also there is not very much to occupy you after 2am on Fri and sat, and after 1am on Sun.

Enjoy!

Edited by Memory Man

That Map makes it look like an identical layout to last year.

No bad thing if you ask me.

edit: Oh, actually I think they have moved the contact stage as there was sound bleed from the orbit last year - unless I am confusing it with another one....

Edited by Memory Man

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, leighavfc said:

Hi all,

They did stop us taking some cans in we had forgotten about at the bottom of babbies truck, to be honest the woman on security seemed a bit embarrassed to have found them, however if I am reading between your lines in terms of liking dance music and 'little personal package of goodies' you will be fine...the searches were half-arsed at best, mainly verbal, as it is a verrrrrry middle class festival.

Its a great little festival though...lovely setting and really friendly crowd.

Highly recommend catching Flaming Lips live if you've never seen them...guarantee you will walk away with a massive smile on your face   

if you like electronic stuff you'll love Vessels. Big tip. They're a live band with shed loads of synths on stage and 2 drummers. 

Anyone got any lesser known acts they are looking forward to seeing? I think i've made my mind up what im seeing of the more well known names but am open to hearing what people think of the undercard.

I'd like to see something surprising or different that I may not have seen before! 

Also I have been advised that the stage times are going to drop this thursday the 12th. Apps at the ready y'all.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi all,

New to this site.

Was wanting to know if anyone had any info on the "meteor showers"  is it worth getting the ticket before or can you purchase when you're there?

Also "weekend camping tickets" i understand that you get a wristband. Are you able to leave the site to go back and to from the car/car parks etc?

Thanks  ?

Yeah absolutely you can come and go, they understand people have to make multiple trips sometimes or could be staying offsite.

Dunno about the showers thing, would be crazy if they don't offer them onsite. Could be worth a call in case they're more expensive that way though

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

if you like electronic stuff you'll love Vessels. Big tip. They're a live band with shed loads of synths on stage and 2 drummers. 

+1 for Vessels!

As well as the headliners and I'm also excited to see Boy Azooga, Age of Glass, Future Get Down, George Fitzgerald, Henge, Nabihah Iqbal, Warm Digits and a handful more that I've probably missed while scanning through my Spotify playlist!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Anyone got any lesser known acts they are looking forward to seeing? I think i've made my mind up what im seeing of the more well known names but am open to hearing what people think of the undercard.

Try Crazy P (if you've not already heard of them; they've been around ~20 years). Great if you like vocal led dancey/funky/disco stuff.

Fully agree with you re: Vessels! The best 'live' electronic music I've seen since the prodigy. Check out this anyone who's not seen them:

15 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Yeah absolutely you can come and go, they understand people have to make multiple trips sometimes or could be staying offsite.

Dunno about the showers thing, would be crazy if they don't offer them onsite. Could be worth a call in case they're more expensive that way though

Ah ok. So even with weekend camping you don't actually have to stay you can stay off site ( Because i only live 15-20 mins away) and would prefer to freshen up at home rather than pay £35

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah Crazy P should be good!!

We saw them at Festival 6 and they were superb. 

My want list is Lamb, Crazy P, Little Dragons, Unkle, To Kill a King, Warm Digits and Hookworms. Nearer the top of the Bill I'm looking forward to seeing Flaming Lips again and Public Service Broadcasting always put on a good show too. 

I'm now pulling my excited face !! 

21 hours ago, Milliebob said:

Ah ok. So even with weekend camping you don't actually have to stay you can stay off site ( Because i only live 15-20 mins away) and would prefer to freshen up at home rather than pay £35

Absolutely, why not do it.

Hmm wonder if popping over to our old house would work - might take some explaining

Someone did one last year. To be honest (and i normally swear by a clashfinder) you barely need one as the site is so small and there is hardly ever going to be more than one thing you want to watch at any one time

if there is one by all means post a link! The app is certainly one of the best festival apps ive come across

Edited by Memory Man

Thanks for the reply's @Flaminglippy and @Memory Man

Ahhh good shouldnt have any problems then! Yeah im very discreet about it anyway so will be ok here also! 

Cant wait, very much looking forward to getting there and setting up camp for the weekend. Its also part of my best mates stag doo so will be a laugh! 

Thanks for the suggestions, will checkca few of these out! 

Can you take bottles of water into the arena?

Edited by leighavfc

Does anybody know the deal with showers?

I think it's pretty dispicable they are charging an extra £30 for these.... Is it actually worth it? Could a couple get away with having one pass somehow?

Are there no cold communial showers at all?

Any local lesiure centres you could sneak too for a quick shower?

5 hours ago, chestwig said:

Does anybody know the deal with showers?

I think it's pretty dispicable they are charging an extra £30 for these.... Is it actually worth it? Could a couple get away with having one pass somehow?

Are there no cold communial showers at all?

Any local lesiure centres you could sneak too for a quick shower?

the only showers are the ones you pay for it seems, which includes posh loos and beauty area (hairdryers, straighteners etc.) They have done day charges before and they might do this on the day if you ask but it was still pricey at £10 a day... Think Boutique and/or accessible camping have access to showers as well.

Jodrell Bank isn't really that close to much, there is a village near by but still a bit of a walk - I bring a washing up bowl for cleaning myself usually and obviously have the wet wipes :)