Art Garfunkel self confirmed

Ratpat

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I enjoyed all of it. The state of his voice (which was still good but he obviously struggled in places) made it even more emotional.

I agree, the performance was full of life and colour, more so than if he'd belted out a flawless vocal performance. It all felt so real and the crowd really made it. Really liked the poem about his son Bo. I walked away from the tent afterwards thinking, I can say I've seen Art, and it was beautiful.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed it, it was Art Garfunkel ffs, a true legend, I just couldn't miss it.  I have never seen so many tears of emotion at a Glasto performance from the crowd ever during Bridger Over Troubled Water, due to the fragility/vulnerability of Art's voice these days - it really seemed everyone was in tears around me. So chuffed to have seen him, I cant imagine he his voice has many live performances left in it

I must say the sound bleed from other stages that night was the worst I have ever heard at Glasto (was it from Williams Green?) - it was embarrassing to hear that level of bass overpowering Art's very delicate and soft vocals . Truly shocking, and Art was understandably getting pissed off with it towards the end. GFL need to think about that next year, you cant have that level of sound bleed between stages, especially with such a contrast between the bands playing those stages

Loved it, I am happy to say I witnessed of the real legends. Having stopped playing S&G songs in my car ever since. Quality tunes, they will still sound brilliant in 100 years time. Even despite Art's vocals struggling these days, it still sounded unmistakably Art Garfunkel, And that made me happy

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds bleed was from the Pyramid.

Really? Blimey! It was Tame Impala on the Pyramid at that time, not exactly bass/volume heavy really. I don't spend as much time as I would like at the Acoustic but that sound bleed was genuinely shocking

I was standing towards the right corner of the stage and it felt awful to me. As I said, Art's voice is so soft and delicate these days that any sound at all from another stage will overpower the sound of his voice. For me ait became a bit of a distraction, especially during his stories/poems

Still loved it though

12 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Really? Blimey! It was Tame Impala on the Pyramid at that time, not exactly bass/volume heavy really. I don't spend as much time as I would like at the Acoustic but that sound bleed was genuinely shocking

I can't say I noticed the sound bleed, but I'd agree it would have been from the Pyramid - which can be heard quite clearly up in the east cv fields, which has the Acoustic Tent between them.