guypjfreak

I really like it, probably get hung drawn and quartered for it on here going off the last 10 pages..

Obviously it's lyrically weak, although I'm not sure when Ian Brown was ever John Lennon. Instrumentally it's great. The guitar and drums, guitar in particular, are great when you play it loud. It's got elements of the classic Roses sound and I think Ian's vocals come across OK.

I'm confident the album (or EP) will have better tracks on it but I think they've wanted to put something out before the gigs that is short and sticks in peoples heads to belt out at the gigs.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amazed this was getting any kind of positive reaction whatsoever if it was any band but the stone roses. The song is dreadful. Completely devoid of any musical merit. If it was written by some unheard of kids they wouldn't even get close to being signed. Utter shit.

Aye it does sound like a Britpop song from a long forgotten band like. Hurts to say it. I am certainly not writing them off though on the basis of one song, and I'm still absolute chuffed I bought tickets for Etihad the day before this was released!

12 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

What makes you think that? Just how the bass/drums sound or is there more to it?

The drums just sound so rigid. I’m not particularly musical so this may not make sense, but to me, Reni always had this joyful loose funk about his drumming.  I can’t make out any backing vox either. He was on fire at those live shows, so I doubt it’s his ability that’s disappeared.

In it’s defence, the verses are growing on me slightly.

43 minutes ago, Badlands said:

There's not even a b-side to it yet.

The more I listen, the more convinced I am that Reni isn't on it.

Seen this posited in a few places now, if he is on it it sounds like he had very little influence on the creation of it. More's the shame. 

6 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

1. The Stone Roses

2. In Rainbows

3. Kid A

4. OK Computer

5. The Second Coming

6. A Moon Shaped Pool

7. Amnesiac

8. The Bends

9. Hail To The Thief

10. The King Of Limbs

11. Pablo Honey

12. All For One

You can't really assess a single track against a bunch of albums...I'm sticking my neck out here but All For One may feel totally different when in the context of a full body of work.

OK - a bit late to this, but blimey it's a bit shit.

I know Mr. Brown's lyrics aren't great ('Love Like a Fountain', anyone?) but these are dreadful. As someone mentioned above, if it was anyone else it wouldn't warrant a second listen.

Beery pub-singalong at best.

What? Oh, I see.

2 minutes ago, Bradders said:

You should give this one a try then.

image.jpeg

Bravo!! 

I've got to say, for a bunch of people who spend a lot of time on a music forum, I'd say slating music is more frequent than praising it! Baffles me.

And, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion etc etc. The above is mine! :)

"All For One"

All for one, one for all
If we all join hands, we'll make a wall

All for one, one for all

All for one, one for all

Inside of me, for I to see
In harmony, all designed to be
The mystery, all eyes to see
Chemistry, all one family

All for one, one for all
If we take a stand, we shall not fall

Beside of me, all over me
Behind of me, right in front of me
In harmony, all one family

All for one, one for all

------------

It's like they got a 'My first rhyming dictionary' for christmas. That's basic nursery rhyme stuff. 

The tune isn't that much better. This is Shed Seven B side stuff.

4 minutes ago, McCor said:

Bravo!! 

I've got to say, for a bunch of people who spend a lot of time on a music forum, I'd say slating music is more frequent than praising it! Baffles me.

And, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion etc etc. The above is mine! :)

Well there's a lot more bad music out there than good music.

Just now, McCor said:

They'd probably get a bashing on here too!

I don't like bashing the Roses. My hopes were so high yesterday. I am hopeful there is better to come. Every band comes out with a dud from time to time.

As for The Smiths, I don't think they could fail personally. Marr and Mozza were made for each other. There is still enough fire in their bellies. Can't see it ever happening though unfortunately.

If Mozza was to sing about a wall, it would be a touch different than the one Ian Brown is singing about :-)

6 minutes ago, McCor said:

They'd probably get a bashing on here too!

It is a tough crowd on this forum, but even the most die-hard Stone Roses fans that I've been speaking too at work are really struggling with it. 

The lyrics just ruin the chance of this song having any potential. I was actually encouraged until Ian Brown opened his mouth on the track. 

Listened to it again a number of times today to see if it did start to catch on...it hasn't. I think the comment made by someone about it sounding like a England Euro 2016 song is spot on. 

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I don't like bashing the Roses. My hopes were so high yesterday. I am hopeful there is better to come. Every band comes out with a dud from time to time.

As for The Smiths, I don't think they could fail personally. Marr and Mozza were made for each other. There is still enough fire in their bellies. Can't see it ever happening though unfortunately.

If Mozza was to sing about a wall, it would be a touch different than the one Ian Brown is singing about :-)

Obviously never going to happen....but has Marr ever played with Rourke and Joyce since the court case?

I guess from the 724 pages Moz devoted to it in his court case, he's still not over it...

45 minutes ago, McCor said:

I like it!! Lyrically, it's beyond simple. But it's a catchy, sing-a-long-able tune. That's enough for me!

When a band have been this good, and written and recorded some amazing genre defining classics (albeit a long time ago), I expect a hell of a lot more than a simple catchy singalong. Maybe I'm too demanding.

Edited by ericlered

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Obviously never going to happen....but has Marr ever played with Rourke and Joyce since the court case?

I guess from the 724 pages Moz devoted to it in his court case, he's still not over it...

I think he has, even as recently as Marr's last couple of solo albums I'm sure he's played live with them both. Moz is certainly the reason behind it not happening. Would I want it to happen now? Maybe ten years ago...