Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15 April 2016 at 6:51 PM, I am Jon said:

Hope Lynda's Loaf is there again, their cheesy bread is the best thing ever. 

21 minutes ago, mb'satglasto said:

The bagel boy stand in west holts was epic. The smoked salmon and cream cheese is an absolute worldy. Woof.

Thank you both these are now on my must eat list.

4 hours ago, joeltg said:

If burgers are your thing I had an amazing one up at the top of the park last year. Really was good, even made a point of going back to tell them. Sorry, couldn't tell you what the place was called. 

It's slightly outside of The Park, but in the same kind of direction - I suspect you mean Boom Burger, which was by the fence next to Strummerville?

Best burger on site last year for me by some distance. Hopefully they're back.

Anybody else ever tried the samosa stand near the other stage? Great to keep you going without eating anything too heavy. 

I have just read back about 4 pages of this thread with a broken jaw, 5 weeks since I was last able to eat solid food. I think in this moment I am more excited about the food line-up than anything else. I am going to dream of burgers and pizza tonight.

4 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

Anybody else ever tried the samosa stand near the other stage? Great to keep you going without eating anything too heavy. 

I have just read back about 4 pages of this thread with a broken jaw, 5 weeks since I was last able to eat solid food. I think in this moment I am more excited about the food line-up than anything else. I am going to dream of burgers and pizza tonight.

There's a place that does fresh custard tarts, I think in the greenpeace area and they are fantastic.  They wouldn't hurt your jaw :) 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

There's a place that does fresh custard tarts, I think in the greenpeace area and they are fantastic.  They wouldn't hurt your jaw :) 

Haha I'm hoping by the time the festival arrives I will be back to a relatively normal diet, but in any case custard tarts are ace so will definitely look out for them. 

I wonder how realistic would it be to do a food map similar to the bar maps that are knocking around? Obviously the food places are more likely to move, but I have noticed plenty of them in the same place on consecutive years too. 

This will be my 4th Glastonbury but I haven't been since 2013. One thing I have always hankered for is a good old-fashioned fish n' chip van, which I've never seen there. Have there been any developments, or is there anything similar somewhere, please?

3 hours ago, JanieM28 said:

This will be my 4th Glastonbury but I haven't been since 2013. One thing I have always hankered for is a good old-fashioned fish n' chip van, which I've never seen there. Have there been any developments, or is there anything similar somewhere, please?

There was a fish & chip place in Bella's field last year. Not cheap, but very tasty :) 

8 hours ago, MattLeam said:

I wonder how realistic would it be to do a food map similar to the bar maps that are knocking around? Obviously the food places are more likely to move, but I have noticed plenty of them in the same place on consecutive years too. 

Tis a great idea, I have no idea how much they move about so whether it's possible?

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's a fish'n'chip stall in Silver Hayes opposite the Wow Stage.  The one time I tried it - many moons ago now - it wasn't great. 

Yeah this one is pretty crap. Think there's one between Other and Pyramid (the opposite side to the Silver Hayes route) which is also pretty crap. I sometimes get lured in by the smell and the cravings, but you have to remind yourself that it will inevitably be pretty crap.

I go to the festival with all the best will in the world to eat at the wonderful places suggested in these threads.

I end up getting so plastered that my choice of eating establishment is usually decided on by the following criteria:

1) What's the queue like?

2) How messy will it be / will I look like a pig at feeding time whilst eating it?

3) Can I stand up to eat it or is it a sit down job?

I really must try harder to find these places mentioned though. However I feel the food establishments in great location to the various bars I frequent will always win :(

12 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Anyone know if the Dorset blue soup people are back in 2016? such good hangover food! especially when they give you half a loaf to mop up the amazing soup with. Blue cheese and mushroom was it last year? Soup of the gods!

I can't remember a recent Glastonbury that they weren't there so I would hope to see them back this year (to be fair, my memory is pretty hazy at the best of times, so I'm possibly not the best to comment)

13 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Anyone know if the Dorset blue soup people are back in 2016? such good hangover food! especially when they give you half a loaf to mop up the amazing soup with. Blue cheese and mushroom was it last year? Soup of the gods!

I have just emailed the Dorset Bue Soup people and they say they will NOT be doing Glasto this year. Pastures new beckon apparently.

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

There was a fish & chip place in Bella's field last year. Not cheap, but very tasty :) 

There is an old lorry, an FG that sells 'Traditional' Fish and Chips. It used to be in the SE corner.

Avoid it at all costs. The fish is reconstituted mush in breadcrumbs rather than batter. Really expensive and absolutely disgusting.

just found it.

Nice lorry though.

fg fnc.jpg

48 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There is an old lorry, an FG that sells 'Traditional' Fish and Chips. It used to be in the SE corner.

Avoid it at all costs. The fish is reconstituted mush in breadcrumbs rather than batter. Really expensive and absolutely disgusting.

just found it.

Nice lorry though.

fg fnc.jpg

It's amazing how much it can vary. I live quite close to Lyme Regis, and you can get really good fish and chips at one end of the prom, and crap processed stuff like you describe at the other end! 

Just did a quick google, and this was the place we went to last year. 

image.jpg

not my picture, no idea what the woman in it is doing, but it's the only photo I could find.