Bowie Tribute

Glastobuddy

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Interested in seeing the gig on the screens and hopefully Slick, Leonard, Dorsey, Garson etc playing in some capacity.

Nae interest in seeing a load of random c**ts getting up there and doing Space Oddity. 

Bits of the gig here

I know in theory nobody has more right to cover Bowie than Tony Visconti, but it gets on my nerves when he's playing on pretty much the only 70s record he had nothing to do with.  Couldn't he have played bass on one of the songs from the 3 albums where he was actually in the band?

Not as bad as Niles playing awful guitar on songs he had nothing to do with.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know in theory nobody has more right to cover Bowie than Tony Visconti, but it gets on my nerves when he's playing on pretty much the only 70s record he had nothing to do with.  Couldn't he have played bass on one of the songs from the 3 albums where he was actually in the band?

Wait until that monster Nile Rodgers turns up playing Station to Station. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oh for the love of......... I just can't............why would they.............no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is going to happen in 10 weeks. On the Pyramid Stage. Live to millions on the BBC.

Remember that scene in Forrest Gump when he says "Sometimes there's just not enough rocks"? Well sometimes there's just not enough piss.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oh for the love of......... I just can't............why would they.............no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is going to happen in 10 weeks. On the Pyramid Stage. Live to millions on the BBC.

fuck me, I never realised it was possible to hate Chris Martin and the Coldplays any more than I do but after watching this, yes it is!

On 18/02/2016 at 4:54 PM, The Nal said:

No just saying you won't "get him" on one album. Its not like where you can sit someone down to listen to the first 5 minutes of Station to Station, or Ziggy or Hunky Dory and you know they'll be turned on.

Very difficult with Dylan and Waits. 

Neil Young - Harvest, every time.

Did you start on The White Album with The Beatles? Ballsie.

"Bob Dylan - The Instantly Enjoyable Years. Now available on remastered 180gm vinyl, 3 x CD boxset" etc

He never really had a "Beard Years" sadly, so this will have to do.

hmmmm...

My favourite Dylan album is probably.....     Live at Budokan.

There, I said it.   In his cheesy muzac period ( or as close as he got)   All Gordon Lightfoot arangements and syrupy bv's.    

But I like it.  

35 minutes ago, beodeejay said:

hmmmm...

My favourite Dylan album is probably.....     Live at Budokan.

There, I said it.   In his cheesy muzac period ( or as close as he got)   All Gordon Lightfoot arangements and syrupy bv's.    

But I like it.  

gordon lightfoot is not cheesy!

17 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

But there are some on the bill you could trust to pull off a good one though.

I think I could permit John Grant a Life On Marz? Dickie Hawley a Lady Stardust's Bridge, Band of Horses a Goodbye Mr Ed.

Is that my coat?

on the day Bowie died 6 music played out a beautiful cover of The Bewlay Brothers by Elbow, I really hope Guy Garvey brings that out during his set

I'd be very happy for John Grant to do something too but I don't know what

21 minutes ago, sloseph said:

on the day Bowie died 6 music played out a beautiful cover of The Bewlay Brothers by Elbow, I really hope Guy Garvey brings that out during his set

I'd be very happy for John Grant to do something too but I don't know what

Thanks for that tip.  Never heard that before, it's a good 'un.

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Thanks for that tip.  Never heard that before, it's a good 'un.

thanks right back at you, I've been trying and failing to find a full version to listen to since I first heard it with absolutely no success

20 minutes ago, sloseph said:

thanks right back at you, I've been trying and failing to find a full version to listen to since I first heard it with absolutely no success

Really?  Sometimes the simplest searches are the best.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Bewlay+Brothers+elbow

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

looks like that video was uploaded after I gave up, I was trying for about 3 weeks after he died this was uploaded about a week after that :)