Wednesday and Thursday Recommendations

A Guy Called Matt

Apart from music should any bands be announced that might grab your attention and the Efests meet what other things do people do on Weds and Thurs?

We like to wonder, sit and listen, randomly chat etc but are always after any suggestions of things we might miss - even if it is just something to pop in and look at for 15 minutes.

What do you like to do and what can you suggest?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday and Thursday for me is all about wandering around, getting my bearings again catching up with friends meeting the neighbours and chatting to new people

Going to attempt the Efests meet this year but I am shy! Last year on the Thursday afternoon  we went up to Hell and watched Beans on Toast I think and had a wander up there

Thursday nights vary depending on whats on, Baggy Mondays were a tradition but its far too crowded now, Sasha at the Glade a couple of years ago last year went to the bandstand

So I'm also open to new suggestions since Im going alone this year for the first time!

Make something in the green fields.

Go shopping round the markets.

Photograph all the art installations.

Find the hidden Glastonbury bits.

Watch some stuff in the circus fields.

Eat all the food.

Go to a disco.

Check out the new/moved venues from last year (this year will be john peel)

last year we intended to do a lot on the Thursday after we arrived but ended up doing sod all. We were on site and pitched by 9:30am and spent the entire day wondering round - by the time that Beans on Toast had started we were merrily hammered and missed him and I remember walking past where Cerrone was playing in one of the late night parts (can't remember which, I think Block 9) and wondering where all the volume was!

Long and short is that each year we arrive with a plan and it goes out the window when you arrive. Would love for the same to happen on Weds too (and to take in the efests meet) but as 2 of my group can't get the Wednesday off each year we miss out. I reckon Weds/Thurs should be left to random chance!

5 minutes ago, Beach Buggy Fan said:

Thursday night there tends to be two or three bands on the Williams Green Stage, last year was Drenge (Great), Wolf Alice (I think) and can't remember the third one.

DSC01382.jpg

Drenge, Wolf Alice and can't remember, Dirty old bastards something along, maybe seafret

1 hour ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

Apart from music should any bands be announced that might grab your attention and the Efests meet what other things do people do on Weds and Thurs?

We like to wonder, sit and listen, randomly chat etc but are always after any suggestions of things we might miss - even if it is just something to pop in and look at for 15 minutes.

What do you like to do and what can you suggest?

I think you're doing it right.  Wander aimlessly without any schedule.  I also like to check out the Green Fields.

Start your Wednesday evening at the Sensation Seekers stage opening ceremony (Glastonbury opening ceremony) followed by the Wheel of Four Tunes.

No better way to get you excited for the days to come.

(Wo4T also do the Thursday night too if you miss the Wednesday ^_^)

Edited by pjdboy

17 minutes ago, pjdboy said:

Start your Wednesday evening at the Sensation Seekers stage opening ceremony (Glastonbury opening ceremony) followed by the Wheel of Four Tunes.

No better way to get you excited for the days to come.

(Wo4T also do the Thursday night too if you miss the Wednesday ^_^)

Where is the wheel of four tunes on? ive seen a few people recommending it?

2014 was my 1st year, just had a good walk through the day, met the neigbours, sat at the big GLASTONBURY with a tin, and finished off in the silent disco in the park on wednesday.  Wednesday then merged with thursday morning in the stone circle while the missus slept and was hoping to see sasha at the glade on Thursday but unfortunatley i thought the glade was in silver hayes si i ended up at another silent disco.   

plans? who needs plans 

I spend a lot of Wednesday & Thursday hanging around Croissant Neuf, the Bimble inn or the bandstand. Have seen some amazing acts on those stages to get things started for the week. The last 2 years we have seen a brilliant Ska band called "the guns of Navarone" play in the rocket lounge on the Wednesday night, absolutely brilliant.

Edited by GlastoLuvvinJock

We have a Wednesday tradition to spend the afternoon in West Holts drinking Brothers. We then usually head down to our fave bar, The Coppardollar in The Common. 

For me, it is most important that it is dry on the Wed and Thur. That's premium wandering time and you want to be able to plop down on the grass with a pint.

2 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

It was meant to be catfish but they cancelled. Also there was seafret? 

3rd person was that New York brass band that do covers, we watched them for a bit then went to the brother bar

WG gets ridiculously crowed these days, couldn't see anything for Wolf Alice but we parked up in the middle of one of those 4 part picnic tables - I could only see feet but least we weren't getting crushed and could hear the band pretty well