Wednesday and Thursday Recommendations

A Guy Called Matt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

I didn't know you could do this? Where's the stall?

We stumbled across the postcard stall almost as soon as we got there but I can't remember where it was now!  It had rubber stamp things that you could use on them and quite good designs. And you just posted them there.   I think  it might have been near the John Peel tent - near the Kasbah stall (which I remember only because we used to sing Rock the Kasbah as we went past).  Sorry that is not at all helpful!  Maybe someone else can remember where it was! 

3 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

I didn't know you could do this? Where's the stall?

There are a few places, one is definitely in the Park just down from the park bar and I think I've seen one in the market areas between Pyramid & West Holts but not exactly sure

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

At some point on Wednesday and Thursday (in fact,  probably several points) Rodney Branigan will be performing. Essential festival experience. 

Just having a listen to some of his stuff now. Enjoying it, whereabouts does he tend to show up?

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just having a listen to some of his stuff now. Enjoying it, whereabouts does he tend to show up?

We caught him last year in the bimble Inn, played with some beat box type chap; bloody brilliant it was too :)

just to add, it was pure accident, due to baggy Mondays being too rammed; magic.

Edited by oneeye

In recent years I've seen him in Bimble Inn, Small World Stage and Rum Shack. Has to be seen to truly appreciate him. The two guitars at once thing is amazing. 

One of the best things about seeing him is watching people's jaws drop. Great voice too which means he's not just about the guitar wizardry. 

And... he does a cracking cover of Creep for those in Radiohead withdrawal.