BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

I would assume they would not be 'big enough' for BST either. But then....in this interview....

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/inside-lcd-soundsystems-2016-reunion/

.....it states that their 'reunion' is due to a multi million dollar offer from the shits at AEG (i will NEVER forgive them....). Their 'only' festival interest here in blighty (i believe) is BST....so.....yeah.

What im basically doing is putting 2 & 2 together....and most likely getting 45.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I would assume they would not be 'big enough' for BST either. But then....in this interview....

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/inside-lcd-soundsystems-2016-reunion/

.....it states that their 'reunion' is due to a multi million dollar offer from the shits at AEG (i will NEVER forgive them....). Their 'only' festival interest here in blighty (i believe) is BST....so.....yeah.

What im basically doing is putting 2 & 2 together....and most likely getting 45.

I reckon.thats exactly what Gettothefront have done. It seems way too big for them 

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

would be a very weird one that i can't see happening - they're nowhere near the size to fill such a venue. i guess if i was their only UK show other than say Glastonbury, but even then it'd seem too much

they headlined wireless festival in 2010 which was still at hyde park. i agree its outlandish but not impossible. 

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

would be a very weird one that i can't see happening - they're nowhere near the size to fill such a venue. i guess if i was their only UK show other than say Glastonbury, but even then it'd seem too much

Whilst I sort of agree they did headline Wireless in 2010 in Hyde Park so they've done it before. With a strong supporting line up, reasonable priced tickets, some sort of exclusivity & all the reunion hype I'd say BST isn't that unrealistic.

I imagine there would be plenty of £2.50 tickets floating around in June though. 

Yeah if it happens, I don't think we'll be looking at it thinking "wtf?" after it's announced. They'll have something mapped out, probably a special guest like Beck and Kendrick Lamar have been. I'm not really convinced it'll happen though - could see them just doing gigs instead.

Just realised that the cheap ticket sale will likely be while people are at Glastonbury again now it's moved back to July. That'd suck.

10 hours ago, atomised said:

They suit Bestival but if this is about the money then.Bestival wont have a chance

Rob Da Bank isn't averse to splashing the cash when it comes to the acts he wants. Missy Elliott was said to have cost a fair whack last year and the acts listed in the last post wouldn't have been cheap either. I don't think that LCD will be asking as much as you think either.

BST does seem logical because of the AEG deal that the band have signed but it'd have to be a hell of an undercard to generate the ticket sales for that size of venue.

21 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Rob Da Bank isn't averse to splashing the cash when it comes to the acts he wants. Missy Elliott was said to have cost a fair whack last year and the acts listed in the last post wouldn't have been cheap either. I don't think that LCD will be asking as much as you think either.

BST does seem logical because of the AEG deal that the band have signed but it'd have to be a hell of an undercard to generate the ticket sales for that size of venue.

There isn't a chance that LCD will be doing BST as a header, not close to big enough or to sell enough tickets.

45 minutes ago, sp1at said:

GN'R are playing in Germany mid July. Here's a google cache of a ticket website that listed tickets then removed it again http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:t9r6mhtmFLcJ:www.tickets75.de/Konzerte/Guns-n-Roses/Guns-n-Roses-Tickets-Hockenheimring.html+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

So they have to remain a possibility

£175 quid as the cheapest one, bloody hell!!! I defo think BST have got to be in with a chance and R&L aren't getting them as well without one header being smaller which it will be.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yes, an event that was close to 30k. BST is 65k with dearer tickets. Pink was a header as well, not even close to heading a main stage that big. Good try, close-ish but no cigar!

Got any references to back up the claim that the capacity was capped at 30,000? I seem to remember the agreement with Live Nation being 35-50 thousand depending on the event. 

& if you seriously think that AEG believe that every headline act they book for BST will shift 65,000 tickets then you're deluded. I'm not saying LCD Soundsystem will headline, but stranger things have certainly happened. 

Edit: 3 out of 6 BST shows have to have a maximum capacity of 50,000 not 65,000 so once again you're wrong. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

7 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Got any references to back up the claim that the capacity was capped at 30,000? I seem to remember the agreement with Live Nation being 35-50 thousand depending on the event. 

& if you seriously think that AEG believe that every headline act they book for BST will shift 65,000 tickets then you're deluded. I'm not saying LCD Soundsystem will headline, but stranger things have certainly happened. 

Edit: 3 out of 6 BST shows have to have a maximum capacity of 50,000 not 65,000 so once again you're wrong. 

I was going to.say similar.this morning.about the flexible capacity. Im sure the libertines started off at the.40000 mark capacity and was extended

8 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The fact 2011 Wireless was 30k, 2010 wasn't going to be suddenly 50k :L.

After big names bar Taylor went for £2.50 a ticket, I don't think AEG do it without knowing they won't but I do think for UK gigs they will invest in much bigger here than LCD, they are sub level at very best.

So after getting Sabbath, The Strokes, Take That, Flo, Mumford, Blur, Taylor.....they then get LCD, yeah fookin right, what cloud are you on lol.

Efestivals have 65k on their listings, I haven't seen anything else to the contrary but you you can't blame for for using that beings this site does? 

Haha, once again I'm wrong lmao. It's a non goer, Neils got Lovebox with very good info and which books much smaller headers now than BST and you're pulling this lol. 

The varying capacities were in the original licence from the council when the festivals were first approved, I remember checking it online. It was definitely 3 at each, as was mentioned earlier. 

I dunno if they've stuck to that or if the council have since decided to be more lenient, mind.