BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Take That x2 and Mumford and Sons they have 3 shows which will sell out. 

And me that will more than pay for the cheap and freebie tickets for the Flo and family days!

I did think Biffy might do this but when Neil says they are looking bigger, I wonder if they are going for Wembley/Emirates and a big outdoor Scottish gig?

Did he really?? 

Im a massive Biffy fan but Wembley! surely not

Yeah in a Soni thread I think back on around the 12th October, I think it got missed for a while as it was in the old forum section which I guess isn't visited as much these days.  listened to Opposites the other day and have to say I thought bar a few of the more catchy tunes it wasn't actually a great album overall. Puzzle is defo my favorite, I think that's when they took it to that next step of decent listening rock before it became cheesy/mainstream to reach headline. Bar the odd song, the 1st 3 just aren't for me. Maybe not Wembley, I covered both of them, but if you have your eye's on a bigger prize than Soni and you've done IOW, R&L and T, what else is there, provided the thing about Glasto not thinking they are big enough is correct? I do think they need to sell out arena's instant to be able to do that mind and bar The o2 which in fairness many many who do it sell it out which being the largest city of people, others did take a bit of time.

I did think Biffy might do this but when Neil says they are looking bigger, I wonder if they are going for Wembley/Emirates and a big outdoor Scottish gig?

I think you are reading too much into this. It's pretty understandable that they'd 'have their eyes on a bigger prize' than a festival that may or may not go ahead, and was also their very first festival headline slot.

Absolutely no way Biffy Clyro are doing Wembley. What a daft idea. A BST date would be good for them though.

I'd happily grab a cheap ticket for Florence as she was brilliant at Glastonbury, though for purely selfish reasons I'd like it to be people who I haven't seen before. :P

Maybe not Wembley but let's not get on to the who's saying daft things eh! ;P

Yes she was, nailed the set.

I think you are reading too much into this. It's pretty understandable that they'd 'have their eyes on a bigger prize' than a festival that may or may not go ahead, and was also their very first festival headline slot.

I don't, regardless of whether it was their 1st one or not, if it's good enough for Metallica to agree to return to etc, plus they have covered everything an outside stadium so I said maybe an option for it. I am still kind of expecting BST though, but was a little concerned by the thought that they would probably go from being a headliner in the last couple of years selling out a couple of day tickets they are heading to a comeback gig that tickets are very cheap at.

Edited by thewayiam

I do think they need to sell out arena's instant to be able to do that mind and bar The o2 which in fairness many many who do it sell it out which being the largest city of people, others did take a bit of time.

Depends what you consider a sell out of the arena, not all arena shows there are equal ;).

Biffy for Stadium gigs? Possible, if it was their only shows of the year? One in Scotland and one in England, with the right support could sell out. Otherwise Glasto is the only bigger prize? (and I think thats more than possible really.)

Depends what you consider a sell out of the arena, not all arena shows there are equal ;).

Biffy for Stadium gigs? Possible, if it was their only shows of the year? One in Scotland and one in England, with the right support could sell out. Otherwise Glasto is the only bigger prize? (and I think thats more than possible really.)

Rugby Park and Brisbane Road? :P

But that 'bigger prize' is getting twisted as hell. Sonisphere is smaller and offers a lower fee than the festivals they've headlined since, and it isn't even certain to go ahead year on year, so they'll naturally look for something bigger. It's not that they're looking at bigger gigs than all the festivals they've done or anything, they just won't wanna be doing a cancelled Sonisphere. They went up as a rumour for R+L not long after that was said too.

To bring it back round to BST; I don't really reckon it'd be wise of Biffy to shun big televised festivals to do a BST gig for their own fans at this point, but I wasn't really expecting Mumfords and Florence + the Machine (if they're just doing BST) to do that either so I guess we'll wait and see.

If I'm honest for a band like Biffy, I'd consider Standing all of it and Seating bar the back areas as people want to feel involved at a gig like that but I could pick up a Standing ticket at Birmingham 3/4 days after they went on sale.

Yeah the stadium idea was based on decent support and just one date.

Rugby Park and Brisbane Road? :P

But that 'bigger prize' is getting twisted as hell. Sonisphere is smaller and offers a lower fee than the festivals they've headlined since, and it isn't even certain to go ahead year on year, so they'll naturally look for something bigger. It's not that they're looking at bigger gigs than all the festivals they've done or anything, they just won't wanna be doing a cancelled Sonisphere. They went up as a rumour for R+L not long after that was said too.

To bring it back round to BST; I don't really reckon it'd be wise of Biffy to shun big televised festivals to do a BST gig for their own fans at this point, but I wasn't really expecting Mumfords and Florence + the Machine (if they're just doing BST) to do that either so I guess we'll wait and see.

I very much think Biffy would have had eye's on Glasto on their return but if not considered big enough then maybe they'll take the £££ chucked at them by BST. I get the tv coverage of R&L etc but at the same time as Neil put them up as a R, Scottie also said he would be surprised if it was more than one of those and given the pickings, I think the festival would be 100% better to bring Biffy back if they have to but the festival really don't want to get into a routine surely of where their headers just return after 3 years and be predictable?, that was something that set them apart from your V's and T.

Yeah obviously I think Glastonbury would be the one they're chasing since they've done the others so recently. But since word is they're not considered big enough (which makes sense, I'm not really convinced there's the demand for them at Glastonbury) BST might be the only option they have really festival wise.

Yeah obviously I think Glastonbury would be the one they're chasing since they've done the others so recently. But since word is they're not considered big enough (which makes sense, I'm not really convinced there's the demand for them at Glastonbury) BST might be the only option they have really festival wise.

I would be surprised if the Biffy R for R&L actually carries much weight.