BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums and sorry if this is a dumb/obvious question but I was wondering how exactly these cheap tickets people are talking about are acquired. Is it an official thing? How easy are they to come across?

I've never been to BST before but the 'massive attack and young fathers' + 'florence' days look to good to miss (and Latitude, the festival I normally frequent, is looking decidedly 'meh' this year for me).

Thanks for the help xxx

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Joe Dexter said:

Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums and sorry if this is a dumb/obvious question but I was wondering how exactly these cheap tickets people are talking about are acquired. Is it an official thing? How easy are they to come across?

I've never been to BST before but the 'massive attack and young fathers' + 'florence' days look to good to miss (and Latitude, the festival I normally frequent, is looking decidedly 'meh' this year for me).

Thanks for the help xxx

On 2/10/2016 at 9:30 PM, MattDavies__ said:

The last two years they've released legitimate tickets for £2.50 a few weeks before the festival. 

The first year it was a 'leaked' link for family/friends tickets which people jumped on and they (unsurprisingly) ended up honouring. Last year it was some sort of charity thing where you had to donate £2.50+ to one of five charities and you got a ticket in exchange. That was a limited amount. 

I imagine something similar will happen this year as I can't really see any of them selling out, so I imagine you'll be able to get cheap tickets it just requires a certain amount of being on the ball. 

(That's how I recall everything anyway :P

:) 

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Carole King has been added to the lineup on Sunday July 3rd according to today's Metro, but seeing as there's no lineup on Sunday July 3rd that would seem to confirm that the announcement is imminent.

just confirmed on bbc 6 music. playing her album tapestry in full

12 hours ago, Joe Dexter said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help xxx

Hey Joe.

OK....so 2 years ago there was no 'official' cheap tickets. However, a 'leaked' offer for internal staff meant thousands of £2.50 tickets were bought. And these were honoured ( See : http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/british-summer-time-hyde-park-festival-confirms-leaked-2-50-tickets-are-valid-1454472 )

BUT....LAST year tickets were offered for was laughably called a 'charity donation', the minimum donation being £2.50. ( see : http://www.gigwise.com/news/101174/british-summer-time-hyde-park-tickets-sold-for-charity-donations )

SO.....no doubt there will be some sort of 'leak' or 'offer' which means you can pick up your tickets at a cheap price. Maybe given away free with a can of beans at Tesco's. 

Hi. New poster here. Does anyone know what the capacity for the premium viewing is? Just wondering if it's worth the benefit to get closer to the stage for Carole King rather than the potential 'stand at the back' non view, or long wait and crush. Thanks

Does anyone know exactly what the Massive Attack + Young Fathers show will consist of? Can't find much information out there? Will they just join on the new song(s), or will Young Fathers play their own set too?

Doesn't look that clear on BST website, its a great way for Young Fathers to effectively be given co-headline status at a bunch of festivals they aren't big enough to headline though. Good opportunity for them. 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, Oysterman said:

Hi. New poster here. Does anyone know what the capacity for the premium viewing is? Just wondering if it's worth the benefit to get closer to the stage for Carole King rather than the potential 'stand at the back' non view, or long wait and crush. Thanks

No idea on numbers, but this picture of last year's site map (assume it will be similar this year) gives an idea how the different viewing areas are laid out. 

hyde-park-tickets-british-summertime-map[1].png

Looks like this for Carole King. Obviously not right at the front centre and I assume the first/priority in go and stand for ages in the green bit and take their chance if they wonder out for food/convenience etc. Looks like premium viewing has a small section just behind the diamond section. hard to tell but I reckon no more that 2-3,000 people. What does anyone think?

BST 2016 - Site Plan - Carole King.png

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Might just be making assumptions here but I don't think the Carole King crowd would be the barrier-hugging, crowd-crush type.

Quite, and I don't imagine there will be many girls sitting aloft their boyfriend's shoulders to spoil the view.

Edited by Oysterman
spelling