BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Kendrick only doing an hour blows - particularly with Jamie xx having 75 minutes in the slot before. Would miss Cat Power and probably Kamasi too. Less enthused.

edit: tho I guess Kendrick barely does more than an hour at any festival so had it coming.

Really surprised by the set times. Kamasi Washington straight into Kendrick is on odd-one, as a sizeable chunk of fans of Kamasi Washington have got into him through Kendrick Lamar, going to be difficult if not impossible to see all of both.

Jamie XX getting 75 minutes for a bloated DJ set in the middle of the day also doesn't seem like the best of planning... Gives time to go get something to eat I suppose...

Any chance of these times being totally wrong? They haven't officially announced them have they?

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, retromoz said:

Hey Joe.

OK....so 2 years ago there was no 'official' cheap tickets. However, a 'leaked' offer for internal staff meant thousands of £2.50 tickets were bought. And these were honoured ( See : http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/british-summer-time-hyde-park-festival-confirms-leaked-2-50-tickets-are-valid-1454472 )

BUT....LAST year tickets were offered for was laughably called a 'charity donation', the minimum donation being £2.50. ( see : http://www.gigwise.com/news/101174/british-summer-time-hyde-park-tickets-sold-for-charity-donations )

SO.....no doubt there will be some sort of 'leak' or 'offer' which means you can pick up your tickets at a cheap price. Maybe given away free with a can of beans at Tesco's. 

what theeeeeee.... just saw the 'charity donation' part.

Hope this doesn't happen as I've just bought Mumford tickets at full price..

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

Is there anyway to find out stage split/set times for the Mumford day?

Great Oak (Main stage):
BØRNS 14:00 - 14:25
Baaba Maal 14:55 - 15:35
Nick Mulvey 16:05 - 16:45
Wolf Alice 17:15 - 18:00
Alabama Shakes 18:35 - 19:35
Mumford and Sons 20:20 - 22:20

Barclaycard Stage:
Baio 14:25 - 14:55
Beatenburg 15:35 - 16:05
The Very Best 16:45 - 17:15
Mystery Jets 18:00 - 18:35
Kurt Vile & The Violaters 19:35 - 20:20

Summer Stage:
The Strumbellas 14:25 - 14:55
Rukhsana Merrise 15:35 - 16:05
Modern Pleasure 16:45 - 17:15
Matthew & The Atlas 18:00 - 18:35

They're all on the app, but here's what yer askin' for:

Great Oak Stage:
TV on the Radio - 17:30-18:15 (they're erroneously listed on the Barclaycard Stage tho, but this is where they'll be)
Patti Smith - 19:00-20:00
Massive Attack & Young Fathers - 20:45-22:15

Barclaycard Stage:
Ghostpoet - 18:15-19:00
Warpaint - 20:00-20:45

Great Oak Stage:
RY X - 14:30-15:10
Louise Goffin - 15:40-16:20
Michael Kiwanuka - 16:50-17:40
Don Henley - 18:15-19:15
Carole King - 20:15-22:00

Barclaycard Stage:
Flyte - 16:20-16:50
Rae Morris - 17:40-18:15
Ed Harcourt - 19:30-20:15

Summer Stage:
Billie Martin - 17:40-18:15
Ward Thomas - 19:30-20:15

The proper cheap sales have always been a week or so before, so it's still early for that.

The times could really do with flip flopping with a bit of time in between, rather than as soon as an act finishes. Having to be near the front to hear it alright just about nixes half of the acts on the smaller stages.

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Stage times are disappointing. I'm working Friday so would realistically only see Patti and Massive Attack, possibly a bit of Ghostpoet. Tickets will have to be super cheap for me to bother now, but it's getting late in the day for that.

Ditto,

REALLY want to see TV on the Radio but no way I am getting there before 530

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I find that's often the way with these things; I've never managed to see an act on another stage at BST. Well, Roots Manuva once. But the rest of that Blur line-up was dire. 

you missed Fufanu then. Who were blinding!