BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

The Florence day has seemingly sold pretty well; only date that is struggling is Massive Attack and it's apparently struggling by some degree

My guess is they'll release a load of free tickets for it through a newspaper a la Kasabian at Hard Rock Calling a few years back

Meanwhile the Justin Bieber day at V sold like hot cakes did it not?

I mean i am not being a twat, like what you like but...jesus

11 minutes ago, CliffRichardsPissSack said:

Meanwhile the Justin Bieber day at V sold like hot cakes did it not?

I mean i am not being a twat, like what you like but...jesus

the Massive Attack day was always gonna struggle - that venue is plain too big for them and they were clearly a late minute booking

Also in the time they have headlined a festival in London (ONBlackheath) and sold 15,000 tickets over three nights at Brixton Academy they have only released one EP's worth of new material; if you want to see Massive Attack in London and have the money to pay for a full price ticket for BST chances are you already have and quite recently

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

All good points on the Massive Attack front. Really hope they do cheap tickets as that line up is great though. Am I right in thinking most of the big acts will be post 5 pm?  Ie you can get there from work and not miss much?

Yeah pretty much, everything I wanted to see at Strokes last year was fairly late! (Think with the week day ones, they tend to think like that? As I am sure I got there much earlier for Blur)

Edited by LondonTom

I was really suprised Massive Attack got Hyde Park. I am a fan, saw them at Brixton and it was a fantastic show. I am interested to see how the Younger Fathers thing works out as I dont think they are doing the typical support act thing. 

But Warpaint are decent...but they have played every festival in the last few years. TV ON THE RADIO are fucking awesome and yet to see them live.

I will probably pop along to this, Im gonna hold off on some cheap tickets though 

1. Do they feel they could have handled the organisation of The Libertines gig better?

2. The "Premium View" area is actually further back than some parts of the General Admission area - in what way do they feel that the view is, therefore, premium?

3. What acts are on their wishlist?

16 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just got an email from  BST with a comp to win four Massive Attack tickets... guessing sales for that one aren't going too well.

It was never going to. Massive Attack are significantly smaller than anybody else who's ever headlined BST and it's on a Friday so people will have to take time off work. Personally, I'm over the moon with that line-up, as Warpaint, Young Fathers, Massive Attack and Patti Smith are some of the very best live acts I've ever seen.

29 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It was never going to. Massive Attack are significantly smaller than anybody else who's ever headlined BST and it's on a Friday so people will have to take time off work. Personally, I'm over the moon with that line-up, as Warpaint, Young Fathers, Massive Attack and Patti Smith are some of the very best live acts I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, I never expected it to. But my post was more referring to a hope for cheap tickets. I think that line up is great too but the setup and volume level in Hyde Park mean I wouldn't want to pay full whack, especially as I'll probably head over after work.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh yeah, I never expected it to. But my post was more referring to a hope for cheap tickets. I think that line up is great too but the setup and volume level in Hyde Park mean I wouldn't want to pay full whack, especially as I'll probably head over after work.

They'll have to do cheap tickets for the Massive Attack day, there's been pretty much continuous competitions for it over the last 2 months. Have you got a link for the comp BST sent you? I'm trying to enter as many as I can. If I lived in London I wouldn't have minded paying full whack, but there's transport and a possible hotel to factor in if I manage cheap Kendrick tickets somehow.

Kendrick only doing an hour blows - particularly with Jamie xx having 75 minutes in the slot before. Would miss Cat Power and probably Kamasi too. Less enthused.

edit: tho I guess Kendrick barely does more than an hour at any festival so had it coming.

Edited by dentalplan